[Xposed][MODULE][5.0+] UnrestrictedGetTasks

Search This thread

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB

Vankog

Nov 13, 2009
Hi,

May I ask what you mean by giving the example of Greenify? What exactly is the shortcoming with Greenify in L in contrast to pre-L?
I was following their change logs and it seems to me that there is nothing Greenify nowadays couldn't do in L. What am I missing?

I am just asking, because I am not sure why and whether I should install this module as a Greenify (beta) user.
Wouldn't it be easier to introduce your fix in their own code?

dcdruck1117

Nov 17, 2014
Upstate NY
Modify module to work for only one app?

I'm wondering how I could modify this module to make it so that it only works for one particular app (Last App Switcher). I like the idea of Android preventing third party apps from getting my recent app details, but I also miss using LAS.

I'm thinking that in the call to XposedBridge.hookAllMethods() I could replace the third argument XC_MethodReplacement.returnConstant(true) with a instance of XC_MethodHook that checks the calling app's package name and if it matches the package I want to target (com.abhi.lastappswitcher) then it would return true, otherwise it would call the standard Android isGetTasksAllowed function normally. I've never done any Xposed development though so I'm not sure I'm going about it the right way.

pyler

Jan 13, 2013
No, since many devs already use new APIs.. If you have old app, not updated for LP/MM, this maybe needed for full app functionality.

Jul 9, 2016
A fantastic module, some apps still require this to work, an app from myself for myself for example: RAMTool https://tiziocaio.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.thepriest.andrea.ramtool/1422/22796519/RAM+Tool
Since my app analyzes recent and running apps and on a regular interval, I fear that using UsageStatsManager will degrade performance, I am afraid that the cpu will be more stressed.
Rewriting my code to get worse perfornce than before doesn't make me happy :( ...that's probably the reason i hadn't yet wrote it.
Are my fears unfounded?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disable restricting Android API to get recent tasks in Lollipop and newer. This restriction causes that some apps (e.g. Greenify) don't work as they should, since Android now returns nothing or useless info when they want to get recent tasks. This module should fix it as it was before.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.pyler.unrestrictedgettasks
    Thank you! Switchr now working on Lollipop with this!
    Hi,

May I ask what you mean by giving the example of Greenify? What exactly is the shortcoming with Greenify in L in contrast to pre-L?
    I was following their change logs and it seems to me that there is nothing Greenify nowadays couldn't do in L. What am I missing?

I am just asking, because I am not sure why and whether I should install this module as a Greenify (beta) user.
    Wouldn't it be easier to introduce your fix in their own code?
    PackageUsageStats is not same as getRecentTasks. I doubt you can get same info from PUS as in getRecentTasks in pre-LP.
    Sure, it works on any Xposed build for 5.0,5.1.