How to downgrade from any snapchat version to [9.3.1.0] to use snapprefs 1.4.2

Search This thread

Dr. HazeX

May 3, 2015
In this thread I will explain you how to downgrade to snapchat v9.3.1.0 so you can use snapprefs again[ROOT].

Requirements:
- Latest snapchat version installed
- snapchat 9.3.1.0.apk
- Titanium Backup
- Xposed installer

1. Make sure you have logged in to your latest snapchat version.
2. Open up Titanium Backup and go to Backup/Restore > Snapchat > and Click Backup !
3. Now got to your currently installed snapchat APP info and click clear data and then uninstall it.
4. Now install snapchat 9.3.1.0.apk
After install is complete DO NOT OPEN SNAPCHAT!!!
5. go back to Titanium Backup and go to Backup/Restore > Snapchat > Restore > MAKE SURE YOU CLICK "DATA ONLY"
6. Just download xposed installer and snapprefs and you will be ready to go!

Attachments

• com.snapchat.android-9.3.1.0-564-minAPI14.apk
    13.6 MB · Views: 8,106

uodii

Dec 14, 2012
I kind of do it in reverse. I have a backup of Snapchat 9.3.1.0 in Titanium and using the 9.7.0.0 apk to install snapchat. So...

- Install latest Snapchat from either playstore or grab the apk from apkmirror
- Login to snapchat
- Open titanium and restore ONLY APP for Snapchat 9.3.1.0

Obviously latest xposed unofficial and snapprefs are installed and working properly too. Either method seems to work though.

Reactions: Dr. HazeX

uodii

Dec 14, 2012
I did it both ways and cant get it to work

Are you sure xposed is installed and working properly? What rom and device are you using? I noticed when I flash some roms I tend to have issues with SELinux (enforcing vs permissive) or it seems maybe some roms are so heavily optimized with all these wacky unnecessary toolchains that xposed just doesnt work at all on it.

Dr. HazeX

May 3, 2015
Just download the latest version, log into it and make a back up. Then delete the latest version. And install the old version and restore your made back up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Or use the Xinstaller Xposed module and just install the 9.3.1.0 apk over the latest after you logged in, no need for Titanium Backup.

clownage

Jul 14, 2010
Can someone tell me what is so good about the snapprefs 1.4.2 ?
and does anyone know how to share a library pic and make it my story, as when I share a pic from my library i can only individually send it to people

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Can someone tell me what is so good about the snapprefs 1.4.2 ?
and does anyone know how to share a library pic and make it my story, as when I share a pic from my library i can only individually send it to people
Everything works on 1.4.2, and many don't like what Snapchat has done to the app as far as changes go.

For sharing, the latest 1.4.5 works fine sharing images from your gallery to your story or to individuals.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

JameyHayaky

Sep 4, 2015
Hey Guys, im currently trying to get Snapchat working on my Desire HD with MIUI. I have Android 2.3.7.
I want to try this method but i cant download the latest app version because my device doesn't support it.
Could somebody may create a new accound, backup the data with Titanium and maybe upload it somewhere? I don't know what else i could do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread I will explain you how to downgrade to snapchat v9.3.1.0 so you can use snapprefs again[ROOT].

Requirements:
    - Latest snapchat version installed
    - snapchat 9.3.1.0.apk
    - Titanium Backup
    - Xposed installer

1. Make sure you have logged in to your latest snapchat version.
    2. Open up Titanium Backup and go to Backup/Restore > Snapchat > and Click Backup !
    3. Now got to your currently installed snapchat APP info and click clear data and then uninstall it.
    4. Now install snapchat 9.3.1.0.apk
    After install is complete DO NOT OPEN SNAPCHAT!!!
    5. go back to Titanium Backup and go to Backup/Restore > Snapchat > Restore > MAKE SURE YOU CLICK "DATA ONLY"
    6. Just download xposed installer and snapprefs and you will be ready to go!
    I kind of do it in reverse. I have a backup of Snapchat 9.3.1.0 in Titanium and using the 9.7.0.0 apk to install snapchat. So...

- Install latest Snapchat from either playstore or grab the apk from apkmirror
    - Login to snapchat
    - Open titanium and restore ONLY APP for Snapchat 9.3.1.0

Obviously latest xposed unofficial and snapprefs are installed and working properly too. Either method seems to work though.
    Lol I was actually about to post again. I got it working. Stock rom BTW
    Kk442
    Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
    You are the best for figuring this out! Thanks!