FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FLASHABLE ZIP] Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop - HDX 7", 8.9" (Thor, Apollo)

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th December 2013, 02:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2014, 02:26 AM |#261  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypted

Great advice. I tried it. apparently my device has a "newer" version than the file I downloaded. I edited my build.prop file to be a lower version, but it still say's the downloaded file is an earlier version than what's on my device and the installer quits.

Is there a different way to force this install? SafeStrap failed to install it, even after renaming it to a zip file.

You have to restart the device before it will reload the build.prop edits & recognize the .bin as a newer version.
8th February 2014, 02:54 AM |#262  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How do I reset the launcher? I set to use the amazon launch always by accident.
8th February 2014, 05:39 AM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypted

How do I reset the launcher? I set to use the amazon launch always by accident.

Open settings, applications, manage all applications and go to current launcher app and clear defaults.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
8th February 2014, 08:23 AM |#264  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
is is possible to get the stock navigation bar/notification center?
8th February 2014, 09:37 AM |#265  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Got a weird one. Apparently my HDX7 booting from ROM slot 2 was somehow UNregistered (even though I know I registered after I booted into the fresh ROM install, then Xposed, then Thor-Gapps...) And I can't register as the register button does nothing.

I can wipe and start over, or I can try to debug this oddity. Which brings up two things...

1) Where's the Amazon reg info stored?
1a) is there a way to 'save' this info to be restored later, kinda like those "root saver" apps do?

2) How can I help you all to debug this?
8th February 2014, 01:07 PM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschang

Got a weird one. Apparently my HDX7 booting from ROM slot 2 was somehow UNregistered (even though I know I registered after I booted into the fresh ROM install, then Xposed, then Thor-Gapps...) And I can't register as the register button does nothing.

I can wipe and start over, or I can try to debug this oddity. Which brings up two things...

1) Where's the Amazon reg info stored?
1a) is there a way to 'save' this info to be restored later, kinda like those "root saver" apps do?

2) How can I help you all to debug this?

The same device can't be registered multiple times. Registration is tied to the id of the the device. So registering in a rom slot deactivate the stock one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
8th February 2014, 04:11 PM |#267  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Cowboy

The same device can't be registered multiple times. Registration is tied to the id of the the device. So registering in a rom slot deactivate the stock one.

Huh, really? That kind of reduces the utility of this, if you've had your HDX a while before doing all of this.
8th February 2014, 07:15 PM |#268  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Cowboy

Hmmm... I admit I did switch boot config a few times... My "stock" is not so stock as I tried a couple previous hacks to get Playstore working.

My Slot 1 has play store working, but no Amazon.

I setup my slot 2 two days ago and at first, got both Amazon and Google to work. I rebooted back to slot 1 to backup all the apps so I can restore them in slot 2 with TiB.

So you're saying that would have caused my Slot 2 to become unregistered? How interesting!

So Amazon is keeping track of both serial number and the Android device ID, which changes from ROM to ROM?

But it's still the same device serial number, right?

So it can Probably be overriden, like TiBackup offers to restore your old ID?
8th February 2014, 11:15 PM |#269  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking Clean Rom instead of backup stock for 8.9
Can someone point me to a clean no bloat ROM link to use instead of my backup rom for rom slot versus using my backup and flashing thor GAPPS? Are we ready to put one on the ROM page or is it not considered custom?
9th February 2014, 06:13 AM |#270  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarolinas

Can someone point me to a clean no bloat ROM link to use instead of my backup rom for rom slot versus using my backup and flashing thor GAPPS? Are we ready to put one on the ROM page or is it not considered custom?

Backup your stock slot then restore in rom slot then factory reset. That's basically a clean stock os.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android Cowboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android Cowboy Ad-Free
9th February 2014, 02:19 PM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Worked for me too
[QUOTE=BroncoAG;50107856]For anyone who wants to know. I have a 32GB Kindle HDX 8.9. I rooted my kindle then used KindleFree to install google services. . .

I installed Google Apps in ROM Slot 1 using Kindle Free on my 64GB HDX 8.9. After rooting and installing SafeStrap, I ran the Xposed module, installed HDXposed-1.1and ran Kindle Free (available for free on the HD forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2072198). Serendipity is a wonderful thing. Play Store, Gmail, YouTube work. Chrome doesn't work. Haven't tried other apps yet.

Thanks to Stericson.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)