By kholk, Retired Recognized Developer on 4th October 2010, 01:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2011, 09:33 PM |#451  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 351

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke

hmmm really? i was kind of deterred from eng hboot, as the wiki stated it wasnt nessesary and ive read a few users stating theyre' "scared" to try lol.

what advantages would eng hboot give one?

The advantage is you have all the fastboot commands at your disposal which are otherwise unavailable. To put it simply, flashing hboot and radio can both brick your phone if the flash fails or the file is corrupted. You can flash the hboot once and then safely flash any radio as many times as you want through fastboot (which will not allow you to flash a corrupted radio) or take a chance each time you flash a radio in zip...

9th February 2011, 09:37 PM |#452  
Flag Zell i.Fichtelgebirge
Thanks Meter: 668

Donate to Me
More
I only know too,

it`s useful for flashing unsigned updates,images (custom splashes too)
9th February 2011, 09:51 PM |#453  
Flag Cold Lake
Thanks Meter: 802

More
roger that, understood.

i just successfully flashed radio with hboot, but i will more than likely flash the eng hboot when im home. thanks for all your help! def a good first experience in this forum. x10 dev forum id get flamed for not knowing exactly what to do lol. cheers guys
9th February 2011, 09:52 PM |#454  

Donate to Me
More
Other question to this!

Via gfree S-Off and eng hboot too I can`t flashing
a corrupted radio!

But if I flashing a corruped radio and only have S-Off via
gfree,there is no way to go back,phone is bricked?
9th February 2011, 09:55 PM |#455  
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganii

Other question to this!

Via gfree S-Off and eng hboot too I can`t flashing
a corrupted radio!

But if I flashing a corruped radio and only have S-Off via
gfree,there is no way to go back,phone is bricked?

No I did this and my phone wouldn't pass the first boot splash or boot into recovery. But my phone would boot to the eng hboot. So I flashed the original tmobile pc10img and it totally reset my phone to stock. You can only do this if you rooted using gfree though. If you rooted any other way it will brick your phone beyond repair.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to jbenson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbenson Ad-Free
9th February 2011, 09:59 PM |#456  

Donate to Me
More
Ah,ok,you did this via

adb push PC10IMG.zip /sdcard/PC10IMG.zip

then booting into hboot
10th February 2011, 12:13 AM |#457  
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganii

Ah,ok,you did this via

adb push PC10IMG.zip /sdcard/PC10IMG.zip

then booting into hboot

Nah my phone wouldn't register as an adb device so adb commands were no good. It would not boot far enough to use adb commands. I took my sd card out and used a car reader to place the pc10img on the root then put it back into my phone and booted into eng hboot and it ran an update as usual. It scared the crap out of me because I was sure that I had bricked my phone...thank God for gfree! :)

10th February 2011, 02:37 AM |#458  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I didn't read all the way through to see if there were anymore people having trouble. The way gani did it works just fine. He did all the work for you. Go back in the thread and download the PC10IMG.zip file, put it on root of SD card, then if you are running a cm rom, hold down on power and select reboot, then bootloader, then when it loads into the bootloader screen with the three androids at the bottom, select bootloader again and it will automatically update. Power is the selector button in bootloader unless prompted otherwise by the screen. Radio will automatically flash and propt you with (ok) when finished. Click ok and it will reboot. All done.

The Following User Says Thank You to wayde187 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wayde187 Ad-Free
10th February 2011, 02:35 PM |#459  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Yeaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! Got this to work! Thank you for everyones help.

I didn't originally have permaroot with gfree. Had to work with Scotty on IRC and flashed back stock rom/kernel and fallowed the direction to permaroot with gfree and re-flashed upgrade radio and worked like a charm!

Thank you!!!
10th February 2011, 02:54 PM |#460  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

More
What's the deal? Still no new radio?

Sent from my htc.desireZED
10th February 2011, 03:36 PM |#461  

Donate to Me
More
As far as I know:

The radio firmware controls basic low-level functions like network connectivity, Wi-Fi, and GPS.
Upgrading your radio will fix connectivity issues, increase range or performance, decrease battery usage, or the like.
Sometimes new radio firmwares add features for some network providers that result in worse bandwidth,
disconnections and other disagreement if you use them on another network.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)