Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

dagger

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
Ok.. i removed the external sd card and insert in a data card reader and connect it to pc. The computer reads the external storage without any error. It is in fat 32 file system. The problem i got is that My tablet wont mount the internal storage and external in the device. So flashing custom recovery or pushing rom is not possible on the device itself as both the storage are not mounted on the device. i am currently on stock recovery and i read in some other post that with CWM there is an option for mounting sd card from recovery menu. So is there any way to flash/push recovery.img from adb command? And thanks for the help. i really appreciate it. SO as to summarise it,

1. if i could install clockworkmod recovery, i could try mounting sdcard from recovery, (need help with this) or
2. Flashing stock rom (which i couldn't find anywhere on the net till now) :sigh: :(

that means ur sd card is fine its just the cache issue probably....... :highfive:
Flash cwm but dont flash any mods thru it......As it sometimes corrupts the partition especially in ur case......

thru cwm u can mount your storage...Go for it install it and post here.......

Reactions: zardaman and dagger

zardaman

May 6, 2013
Aizawl
that means ur sd card is fine its just the cache issue probably....... :highfive:
Flash cwm but dont flash any mods thru it......As it sometimes corrupts the partition especially in ur case......

thru cwm u can mount your storage...Go for it install it and post here.......

Yes, thanks a lot for the help. :) For flashing CWM i guess the only option i have is to flash it through adb command from windows since i couldn't place anything on the sdcard. Is this possible? if so, could you please guide me with the codes for this? i read in other thread Link : - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2045482 about flashing recovery image through adb command but the instruction is for a specific device and is also done with placing the recovery.img on root of sdcard , so i couldn't work my way through it. Sorry for being such a noob. :(

Last edited:

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
sir i have made aokp from source and i have not ported it...so..can u help me !!!

Yep that's what the thread is for

go ahead and ask without hesitation......

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Yes, thanks a lot for the help. :) For flashing CWM i guess the only option i have is to flash it through adb command from windows since i couldn't place anything on the sdcard. Is this possible? if so, could you please guide me with the codes for this? i read in other thread Link : - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2045482 about flashing recovery image through adb command but the instruction is for a specific device and is also done with placing the recovery.img on root of sdcard , so i couldn't work my way through it. Sorry for being such a noob. :(

First of all if u'll be sorry i wont be able to help you.....

kidding no need to be sorry we all get stuck somewhere sometimes where we also need help. so no need for sorry... :highfive:

Well u can use the commands its the only commands that are mentioned no other is required though...

I will ask you to backup ur files on pc and a nandroid backup via cwm.... and export it to pc

As that's in other cases.....U can download and flash the rom ur using again if u experience any problems...via pc its better...U Dont need adb now...

leave adb for later.. And always double check the rom before downloading that it's for ur device......

Instead backup using cwm. It comes in handy

And y u cant put files on sdcard......

Just do these first

1. Using card reader format your card but b4 that copy ur data to a pd or on pc....then format and use it

2.Put it in ur tab nd see if its mounted or not.....probably would....

3. If still not then boot into cwm and perform mount sd card storage..

4. While ur in cm make a backup of ur rom too... :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: zardaman

boskaalgn

Aug 2, 2013
All the three files would be inside the dload folder.

sent from my phone using hands and brain...

This can't be done ... when ever you try to copy them <<< they say " COPY over them ! " so .. it would be only 1 of them in the dload folder < which one to choose ? the one in step 2 << is the one with the largest space !

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
hey there i have a samsung galaxy y duos and i had upgraded it with a custom rom(gingericejelly) and it was working good for about 4 or 5 months and then it just started giving problems....now my phone stucks while starting n its imposible to turn it on now....
and the main problem is that i cannot upgrade it to other custom rom's as my usb debugging is off and i cant switch it on.
is there any way that i can switch on my usb debugging without swithing on my device??

"PLEASE HELP"

Try Flashing stock rom via odin
the one u were using .......not the custom rom....

Better would be to revert back to stock.........

or restore ur backup
..Use download mode to perform any of em

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

sir i have asked question about aokp on this forum but it is still unanswered.
link to the thread is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2377863
can u plz look at it and plz help me.

Add the functioning of in and out of calling again.....

If possible use the best source from github......

feel free to ask.

And post the results

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Thanks for your reply :)
but if i copy the files inside one folder called " dload " the 3 files are called " UPDATE.APP " and it says " copy over them << which means only 1 would be in the " dload " folder ?? which one to pick ? 5 kb ? or the 683.594 kb ? or the 1 kb ??
Thanks alot :)

Dont worry Just copy the files and click on yes when prompted to replace and it would be one file with the size increased named update.app

thats it nd ur done.....

zardaman

May 6, 2013
Aizawl
First of all if u'll be sorry i wont be able to help you.....

kidding no need to be sorry we all get stuck somewhere sometimes where we also need help. so no need for sorry... :highfive:

Well u can use the commands its the only commands that are mentioned no other is required though...

I will ask you to backup ur files on pc and a nandroid backup via cwm.... and export it to pc

As that's in other cases.....U can download and flash the rom ur using again if u experience any problems...via pc its better...U Dont need adb now...

leave adb for later.. And always double check the rom before downloading that it's for ur device......

Instead backup using cwm. It comes in handy

And y u cant put files on sdcard......

Just do these first

1. Using card reader format your card but b4 that copy ur data to a pd or on pc....then format and use it

2.Put it in ur tab nd see if its mounted or not.....probably would....

3. If still not then boot into cwm and perform mount sd card storage..

4. While ur in cm make a backup of ur rom too... :good:

Thanks again, i am on stock recovery and i cant flash custom recovery like cwm/twrp. my external sdcard is working fine on other device but when i load it to my tab. it wont mount at all. So i am stuck with only the System Rom accesible from the device through Root explorer. I already put recovery.img to the root of my sd card and since my device does not mount the sd card i cant access the external sdcard from my tablet. So i was hoping to see if I could flash recovery image like CWM manually by using adb command from windows.

King Julien

May 9, 2012
I've install custom rom called JELLYTIME on my HTC Desire HD phone. Recently I tried to update it to most recent version. After the update I installed google apps from this website: goo.im/gapps. I installed version 20130301. Since then the settings section works very badly. It crashes often and I can't connect to any wifi network for example. I'm afraid that I installed the wrong version of gapps but according to the table I should have installed that version for android 4.2.2. Can anyone please tell how can I fix the problem?

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
I've install custom rom called JELLYTIME on my HTC Desire HD phone. Recently I tried to update it to most recent version. After the update I installed google apps from this website: goo.im/gapps. I installed version 20130301. Since then the settings section works very badly. It crashes often and I can't connect to any wifi network for example. I'm afraid that I installed the wrong version of gapps but according to the table I should have installed that version for android 4.2.2. Can anyone please tell how can I fix the problem?

check and install the compatible version of g apps...

and flash it and wipe all data ,or u can wipe the data from app menu without flashing and see stiil the problem's their or not.....

keep posted

roguedroid

Jun 2, 2013
Hello,

I did something stupid and accept an update on my rooted note 8 and lost my root.
I want to install the leaked 4.2.2 update.
Whats the best way, hard reset then root again then flash the update or try flash the update in this current custom\limbo broke root status the note 8 currently is in?

I see no mac instructions so im guessing i need to use adb? Or can i put the 4.2.2 file on the internal storage , boot into recovery and try to flash that way?

Im honestly just guessing here, looking for some direction so i can ultimately have 4.2.2 and root on the device.

Can anyone assist me?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gothicasshole

Nov 23, 2010
Hello,

I did something stupid and accept an update on my rooted note 8 and lost my root.
I want to install the leaked 4.2.2 update.
Whats the best way, hard reset then root again then flash the update or try flash the update in this current custom\limbo broke root status the note 8 currently is in?

I see no mac instructions so im guessing i need to use adb? Or can i put the 4.2.2 file on the internal storage , boot into recovery and try to flash that way?

Im honestly just guessing here, looking for some direction so i can ultimately have 4.2.2 and root on the device.

Can anyone assist me?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

See if the original root kit still works if adb dosent connect to the device then it wont work some otas wint affect the root kit

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

Reactions: dagger

roguedroid

Jun 2, 2013
See if the original root kit still works if adb dosent connect to the device then it wont work some otas wint affect the root kit

I don't see a rootkit for it on mac. I rooted with framearoot when I try now the app just closes.

I tried placing the update on my sd card and flashing it but it said the signature wasn't right. I'd love to root through adb but I don't know the commands to root then flash the update.

Im trying to avoid the hard reset as much as I can but it seems that may be only solution

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

gothicasshole

Nov 23, 2010

Hey hold the power vol down to boot into h boot go to fast boot go to recovery assuming you have a nandroid back up wipe it all and flash a recovery i used to have this phone i had to do it once or twice when i got a bad un official cm9 flash (ikr old but it worked) i also would recomend if you have an sd reader get the latest cwm or twrp where you can side load a rom from adb

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

I mite still have the ruu for it as well idk

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

I don't see a rootkit for it on mac. I rooted with framearoot when I try now the app just closes.

I tried placing the update on my sd card and flashing it but it said the signature wasn't right. I'd love to root through adb but I don't know the commands to root then flash the update.

Im trying to avoid the hard reset as much as I can but it seems that may be only solution

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Know anyone with a windows machine?

Last edited:

Hardikshah0077

Aug 5, 2013
How mane Available version of ROM in Market? which one is more better for HTC One V?

which are the ROM versions are available in market?

And among them which are the latest and works fine for my Device(HTC One V) to upgrade from android 4.0 to 4.4 latest version.

Please suggest?

Which version i have to be select.

also thanx for your reply.

can you please share some of the links which i have to follow get the knowledge in this area.

Thanks in advance....

Yes but did u instald any mod earlier which wld hv messd up ???

Try n boot into recovery. Backup ur data 1stly
Then perform wipe data and cache.
Or try connecting to pc n see if its showing ur sd card..
Nd post d result here

Hit thanks if I helped u..

A click for u but rep for me.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Roms are the ui which u use in ph. Like windows in pc.

N to upgrade to 4.3 u need unlockd bootloader.

I'll suggest u enjoy that first. ;)

Well if still here are the steps.

Be careful too.

1st download d update double check dat d update files r fuly supported for ur device model i.e. Made for ur device model.

2nd.backup ur data fully..ur going to need it later n also copy it to pc.

3. Download d flasher to flash the rom files for. Ur device on pc. or flash via recovery..

4.install ur device drivers.

5th open the flasher choose the rom files. Connect ur device via usb in d reqd mode nd start flashing..

6. Wait for flashng to complete.

7. Device will boot nd booting cld take 2-5 mins. So b calm nd patient. ;)

8 this step requires ur smile as it will come up as u boot into android 4.3 and voila..
9 post d results here.

Hit thanks if I helped u..

A click for u but rep for me.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

momochar

Aug 5, 2013
Help please

Hi, my xperia arc S is stuck on black boot screen after flashing this slimbean rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1959054

I am not sure I am flashing the rom correctly on installation step 9. I am going to platform-tools and opening a command window and typing "fastboot.exe flash system <romname>", is this correct? Any help would be appreciated!

adinata777

Aug 6, 2013
request Boot splash HTC one for K-touch U86

Hi master..
i use k-touch u86. i want request Boot splash HTC one for U86.
Any body can help me?
Thanks before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II