Super cid: 11111111

Search This thread

stinky73

Aug 28, 2010
Courchevel
it happened to me too, italian (london) but rom is full translated in italian ;)

More info maybe. How did you install (full wipe etc)? Which ROM? Exact symptoms...from what you said it does not sound same as SneakyGhost?? He said he did not have correct language options..

Hate to sound like a hotline technicien but "have you tried completely wiping your device Sir?" ;)

plocri

Jul 24, 2010
Naples
More info maybe. How did you install (full wipe etc)? Which ROM? Exact symptoms...from what you said it does not sound same as SneakyGhost?? He said he did not have correct language options..

Hate to sound like a hotline technicien but "have you tried completely wiping your device Sir?" ;)

I unlocked the bootloader with htcdev, then changed cid to HTC__401, than installed stock 1.78.401.2 ruu

stinky73

Aug 28, 2010
Courchevel
I unlocked the bootloader with htcdev, then changed cid to HTC__401, than installed stock 1.78.401.2 ruu

What vendor code is HTC__401? I know that you cannot use aRUU if the cid is not good butmaybe this has had an effect...Thought the consensus here was either use HTC__001 if you want to maintain the possibility of OTA updates or 11111111 if you wanted super CID with no OTA

plocri

Jul 24, 2010
Naples
What vendor code is HTC__401? I know that you cannot use aRUU if the cid is not good butmaybe this has had an effect...Thought the consensus here was either use HTC__001 if you want to maintain the possibility of OTA updates or 11111111 if you wanted super CID with no OTA

HTC__401 it's the european cid; I don't think that using supercid 11111111 you won't be able to have OTA, because on my previous Sensation, with supercid I still had OTAs

stinky73

Aug 28, 2010
Courchevel
Just taken the time to look at the language options on my phone running same rom as you and now see what you mean.....bizarre language options indeed but as you say, if it works in Italian then all's well that end's well...I now remember I had a "europe" rom on my Desire HD which offered the choice of english as Swiss, Italian or German (english) - they all worked exactly the same when used...

Maybe something getting lost in translation when they write the rom's or somebody with a strange asiatic sense of humour :D

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
I am not sure if it is really an issue, i think it may just be, because i did not switch ROM after switching CID. The original CID was HTC__102 and the phone was from 1&1 (as most german HTC One S as it looks like).
It might just be, the language Tables got messed up from changing the CID but not the actual ROM. Like, the first part of the language setting referring to what is in the ROM and the second part referring to what the CID suggests there should be in that field. e.g. like: German (united Kingdom), where the "German" field stems from what is in the ROM and the "(united Kingdom)" part is what the CID suggests should be in that table. Or: if it was a UK ROM, it would then probably read "English (united Kingdom)" because the same table would then contain a language matching the CID. The CID "HTC__001" is HTC WWE (no specific carrier), the CID "HTC__102" is HTC Germany (no specific Carrier) (Source), so the packaged languages might differ...
Or something like it. Dunno.

I put all the CID's into an Excel-Sheet for easy copy/paste or as a backup.
Also i thought, if there is new CID's turning up, someone could add them, also, there is three CID's missing in the list. Maybe someone could complete it?

Attachments

• CID_Listing.xlsx
    14.7 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

craig1965

Nov 29, 2010
bracknell
Confused the OP states you only prerequisite you require is HTC dev unlock yet another thread states you must be rooted can anyone shed any light on this

Sent from my One Sensation S using XDA Premium

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
Confused the OP states you only prerequisite you require is HTC dev unlock yet another thread states you must be rooted can anyone shed any light on this

Sent from my One Sensation S using XDA Premium

Probably suggesting that you need to be unlocked to get root, to carry out the supercid.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

shootind5nukes

May 23, 2010
Probably suggesting that you need to be unlocked to get root, to carry out the supercid.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Actually I believe this is wrong. Once you HTC dev unlock and have CWR installed you can boot into recovery and adb shell with su permissions and can do everything you need to do. You don't even need to "su" the shell in recovery starts with #.

Edit: I'm not sure about this but maybe you might not even need HTC unlock. Do you need to be unlocked to run "fastboot boot recovery.img"?

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Is it necessary to submit token ID after the CID Change ?? Or is this for people that do it BEFORE unlocking bootloader ??

I already had unlocked bootloader, Changed CID without any issues Then i just rebooted, All is fine.

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
Is it necessary to submit token ID after the CID Change ?? Or is this for people that do it BEFORE unlocking bootloader ??

I already had unlocked bootloader, Changed CID without any issues Then i just rebooted, All is fine.

I am not very sure yet but i believe that the Token is generated from a few factors inside the ROM (something like a checksum) and changing CID might change the Token, hence the Unlock of the Bootloader might need to be redone using a token that is generated from the changed software.

Please correct me if i am wrong with this theory.

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Yes your right.

It worked fine without it, But when you relock bootloader and want to re-unlock it, You need a new unlock code..

Other than that i had no issues, I only found out cause i wanted to run an RUU which needed locked bootloader!

Reactions: Sneakyghost

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
lol i was just gonna edit my post saying that i think its most likely only relevant if you relock and then unlock your bootloader again.

So, to sum it up: Bootloader remains unlocked, yet if you re-lock it, you need a new token and unlock.bin if you want to unlock it again.

which kinda confirms my theory that the unlock token is generated from parts or all of the software.

Reactions: azzledazzle

mr.tenuki

Oct 1, 2009
Bellevue
can we use this exploit to SIM unlock the phone? for the myTouch4g, gfree did both at the same time, so was wondering if that is possible here as well.

Stroid01

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta,GA
lol i was just gonna edit my post saying that i think its most likely only relevant if you relock and then unlock your bootloader again.

So, to sum it up: Bootloader remains unlocked, yet if you re-lock it, you need a new token and unlock.bin if you want to unlock it again.

which kinda confirms my theory that the unlock token is generated from parts or all of the software.
So why not just leave it unlocked...or will that hinder you from doing something?

I am a bit unclear about what the bootloader lock vs unlock means. i am currently super cid 1111111 and running EU radio with LeeDroid, what ive gathered is with my bootloader being unlocked if i wanted to flash a new RUU (say the tmo one due out today) I wont be able to until I relock the bootloader?

Last edited:

stinky73

Aug 28, 2010
Courchevel
So why not just leave it unlocked...or will that hinder you from doing something?

I am a bit unclear about what the bootloader lock vs unlock means. i am currently super cid 1111111 and running EU radio with LeeDroid, what ive gathered is with my bootloader being unlocked if i wanted to flash a new RUU (say the tmo one due out today) I wont be able to until I relock the bootloader?

Correct, leave it unlocked unless you want to install a RUU as they will only work on locked bootloaders (HTC firmware looking for "standard" state of bootloader)

shootind5nukes

May 23, 2010
Actually you can unlock it and relock it with the same unlock token as long as you don't change anything. If you change anything at all though you need a new one. Atleast for me I didn't.

vega89xi

Jun 4, 2009
IL
So i super CID'd, relocked my bootloader, flash 1.78 RUU and then when I go back to unlock the bootloader it never unlocks.

I have tried a new code and even my original. It takes it both times, give me the unlock menu, reboots as normal but when getting back to the boot loader it still says "relocked" and wont let me write anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Did you delete your old unlock_code.bin from your adb folder ?

and also, the new one will download as unlock_code.bin(2) if you already have the original on your computer.

You will need to download it again or rename it (remove the (2) ) and place it in your adb folder..

Worked for me and everyone else :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not my work but I did not see it in the dev section so I thought this would be a perfect repost. I read this in the HTC one X thread and I followed it EXACTLY as wrote and it worked for the One S. I have the Tmo version.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26516911#post26516911

This is not my work.

My phone is only unlocked via HTCdev and is NOT s-off and it worked flawlessly.
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ adb shell
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    shell@android:/ $ su
    shell@android:/ # dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4
    2+0 records in
    2+0 records out
    1024 bytes transferred in 0.002 secs (512000 bytes/sec)
    shell@android:/ # exit
    shell@android:/ $ exit
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p4
    12 KB/s (1024 bytes in 0.078s)
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ adb reboot-bootloader
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ fastboot oem readcid
    (bootloader) cid: T-MOB010
    OKAY [ 0.005s]
    finished. total time: 0.005s
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ fastboot reboot
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ adb push mmcblk0p4MOD /sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD
    8 KB/s (1024 bytes in 0.112s)
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ adb shell
    shell@android:/ $ su
    shell@android:/ # dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
    2+0 records in
    2+0 records out
    1024 bytes transferred in 0.365 secs (2805 bytes/sec)
    shell@android:/ # exit
    shell@android:/ $ exit
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ adb reboot-bootloader
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ fastboot oem readcid
    (bootloader) cid: 11111111
    OKAY [ 0.005s]
    finished. total time: 0.005s
    travis@HighVoltage ~ $ fastboot reboot
    no you don't so check it out before you do it. duh. I'm unlocked via htcdev but not s-off. Like I said it worked on my One S and you know the ONE s hasn't recieved s-off has it. Look into stuff a little better before you tare it down.
    I am not sure if it is really an issue, i think it may just be, because i did not switch ROM after switching CID. The original CID was HTC__102 and the phone was from 1&1 (as most german HTC One S as it looks like).
    It might just be, the language Tables got messed up from changing the CID but not the actual ROM. Like, the first part of the language setting referring to what is in the ROM and the second part referring to what the CID suggests there should be in that field. e.g. like: German (united Kingdom), where the "German" field stems from what is in the ROM and the "(united Kingdom)" part is what the CID suggests should be in that table. Or: if it was a UK ROM, it would then probably read "English (united Kingdom)" because the same table would then contain a language matching the CID. The CID "HTC__001" is HTC WWE (no specific carrier), the CID "HTC__102" is HTC Germany (no specific Carrier) (Source), so the packaged languages might differ...
    Or something like it. Dunno.

I put all the CID's into an Excel-Sheet for easy copy/paste or as a backup.
    Also i thought, if there is new CID's turning up, someone could add them, also, there is three CID's missing in the list. Maybe someone could complete it?
    error [159] image error
    ruu 3.16

i know i have supercid and relocked bootloader. used a tmo ruu no problem to downgrade my hboot. any pointers ?

The newer ruus are encrypted to keep us from unpacking them and shuffling images around. The older hboots are unable to unpack the new ruu. You'll need hboot 2.15 in place to unpack and install the 3.16 ruu.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2