[KERNEL] [15/04/10][5.1/3G+WIFI][Fix for empty directories after mount] [V18]

Search This thread

brainbeatuk

Oct 13, 2012
Re: [KERNEL][WIFI+3G][4.2.X] Fix for empty app-mounted directories [g05b777c-v4-km-v2

You may know vorcer. What io scheduler would you use for an external hard drive.? Cfq i been guessing and is cache i good idea. Trying to improve datarate when i bindmount cifs folder to sdcard. Oh and you have to mount android/obb folder from external to. Data/media/obb. Then the files appear data/media/0/Android/obb. Fixed compatibility issue i had earlier but i forgot to post.
Is there a way to turn WiFi pm streaming setting off if its enabled? That should improve transfer rate.
Ill try kernel later. Don't fancy editing Motleys nexus 4 kernel too ill test :)

So doing same as I was previously I cannot acheive same results, can't seem to bind mount obb. I get a feeling that my hard drive may be at fault though.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

vorcers

May 21, 2012
I just released One"Click"Mount Version 3. Be careful a bit, i didn't tested a lot but everything should work... I removed things and I added things.

Mainly an "fstab" feature... oh and I provided my own ntfs-3g and busybox version. Edit: fstab also supports automounting

@brainbeatuk
thanks for your mounting advice for obb... maybe someone other need this.
but with the io scheduler... I have really no idea. I never thought about that. But I need to investigate some time into kernel-config, because my config differs a lot from stock and I don't know why....

Last edited:

brainbeatuk

Oct 13, 2012
Re: [KERNEL][WIFI+3G][4.2.X] Fix for empty app-mounted directories [g05b777c-v4-km-v2

In pretty sure that latest build of pa ROM has broke compatibility with this. Was unable to install anything after bindmounting and in storage settings would not change calculation to 1tb again but kept recalculating. Ill try on stock in couple days as i know it worked on stock or carbon

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

farhanito

Aug 21, 2010
Jakarta

I have few mp3s on my network drive. Mounted on /data/media/0/ using cifsmanager.
Media library collected them and google play music played them fine. But streaming stopped whenever screen is off.
This doesn't happen when streamed using DLNA server-client setup.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

flamand

Dec 28, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me:

I flashed the v3 kernel. Changed my mount points in cifs manager to /data/media/0/... The first time I go to the folder (in ES), the error "SD Card empty, unmounted or not present" comes up. Not too bad because if I go up one level and then back down, everything appears. My real problem is that I can't play any media nor open any documents. If I copy them to my device it's okay, but not if I'm trying do it over the shares.

vorcers

May 21, 2012
Android 4.3!

Before anyone asks:

Since the Android 4.3 Stock-Images are out, (Link) I am able to build and test the new kernel with the patch.

The kernel source for Android 4.3 should be: https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/tegra.git/+/android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-jb-mr2

But it will take some time, it is done, if it is done. :cool:

Edit: Bad news, google removed the /proc/config.gz file in Android 4.3 on nexus 7... so I will need some more time to get the "original" stock experience + patch.

Edit2: We are lucky, google used CONFIG_IKCONFIG. I attached the original Nexus 7 4.3 Wifi config file.

Edit3: I have been asked to explain this a bit more. (I also made a mistake)

Google didn't used CONFIG_IKCONFIG_PROC, but CONFIG_IKCONFIG. With this option, the config is still stored inside the kernel. In this case, you can extract the .config with the following command, which is included in the kernel-sources / kernel headers:

scripts/extract-ikconfig <linux-kernel-file>

scripts is an sub-directory at the kernel-sources. Linux-kernel-file is the kernel itself. The bzImage or vmlinux or vmlinuz...

Attachments

• stock-wifi-4.3-config.gz
    20 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

vorcers

May 21, 2012
Done!

I released my kernel for Android 4.3, please look into first post for links.

I still have some problems with the kernelmodules (nfs, sound, ...) this will still take some time. But cifs and mounting is fully operational. You can use it.

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012
I released my kernel for Android 4.3, please look into first post for links.

I still have some problems with the kernelmodules (nfs, sound, ...) this will still take some time. But cifs and mounting is fully operational. You can use it.

Thank you! Just installed 4.3 and very happy to be back in business with your kernel and my CIFS mounts :)

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012
suddenly no CIFS

I've been using the latest kernel and the old kernel modules just fine under 4.3, CIFS were auto-mounting. I just rebooted and suddenly my CIFS mounts are empty. I've been using /mounts/<mountpoint>. I didn't change anything between them being visible and now empty.

I'm assuming an app like Mount Manager or CifsManager is needed, at least to define mountpoints, but maybe I'm mistaken in that. If not, how do I go about defining mountpoints? Do I need to edit an init.d script? I ask, because I have not done so in the past.

Is losing the CIFS mounts expected behavior under 4.3? I know you're working on a new set of kernel modules. Any ETA? And most importantly, any idea how to get CIFS to mount again?

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:
Just rebooted, and now CIFS are showing up under /mounts/<mountpoint> That's how I have Mount Manager set up. I uninstalled CifsManager for now, as I don't want any conflicts.

Now another reboot, and they're empty. It's very strange.

Last edited:

glimmling

Jan 27, 2011
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
I've been using the latest kernel and the old kernel modules just fine under 4.3, CIFS were auto-mounting. I just rebooted and suddenly my CIFS mounts are empty. I've been using /mounts/<mountpoint>. I didn't change anything between them being visible and now empty.

I'm assuming an app like Mount Manager or CifsManager is needed, at least to define mountpoints, but maybe I'm mistaken in that. If not, how do I go about defining mountpoints? Do I need to edit an init.d script? I ask, because I have not done so in the past.

Is losing the CIFS mounts expected behavior under 4.3? I know you're working on a new set of kernel modules. Any ETA? And most importantly, any idea how to get CIFS to mount again?

Thanks!

I think, this is the same issue, I've got with SuperSu v1.51. Try it with SuperSu 1.45. This version is working fine with CIFS for me.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012
I think, this is the same issue, I've got with SuperSu v1.51. Try it with SuperSu 1.45. This version is working fine with CIFS for me.

Ah, interesting. I've been following the SuperSU thread, and Chainfire did mention something about it. What's strange is that sometimes CIFS mount, then reboot, and they're empty. Did you experience that (sometimes empty, sometimes not) under SuperSU 1.51?

I've got SuperSU 1.45 ready-to-flash due to just such issues.

Thanks for the suggestion.

glimmling

Jan 27, 2011
Ah, interesting. I've been following the SuperSU thread, and Chainfire did mention something about it. What's strange is that sometimes CIFS mount, then reboot, and they're empty. Did you experience that (sometimes empty, sometimes not) under SuperSU 1.51?

I've got SuperSU 1.45 ready-to-flash due to just such issues.

Thanks for the suggestion.

With v1.51 the mounts were allways empty for me. Mounting with the terminal app resulted in output "device is busy", but it's a SuperSU issue. No problems with v1.45 so far.

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012
With v1.51 the mounts were allways empty for me. Mounting with the terminal app resulted in output "device is busy", but it's a SuperSU issue. No problems with v1.45 so far.

Just wanted to thank you again, and to confirm what you said. At least 1.45 works. My only other question is, is there any way to get into the SuperSU app to adjust settings when running 1.45? My experience is that there isn't, as the app always prompts to update the binary. Once the binary is at 1.51 and the app is accessible, then settings can be made, and 1.45 re-flashed. A bit of a PITA, but worth it to have CIFS access.

Cheers.

glimmling

Jan 27, 2011
Just wanted to thank you again, and to confirm what you said. At least 1.45 works. My only other question is, is there any way to get into the SuperSU app to adjust settings when running 1.45? My experience is that there isn't, as the app always prompts to update the binary. Once the binary is at 1.51 and the app is accessible, then settings can be made, and 1.45 re-flashed. A bit of a PITA, but worth it to have CIFS access.

Cheers.

I don't get an autoprompt to update the su binary. Are you sure, the Play Store didn't made an autupdate of the SuperSU.apk after flashing v1.45 in recovery?

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012
I don't get an autoprompt to update the su binary. Are you sure, the Play Store didn't made an autupdate of the SuperSU.apk after flashing v1.45 in recovery?

Yeah, unfortunately. BUT my testing was done using CleanROM and faux123's kernel. It's possible one of those is forcing it. I tried using SuperSU's uninstaller (from 1.51), which definitely nuked root, and it was not re-installed upon reboot. I had to install the APK from the Play Store, but I flashed 1.45 again. Still got the prompt to update the binary when I went into the app. Did so, as I wanted to change the settings, then flashed 1.45 again. CIFS work, but I can't access the app without getting the binary update prompt.

For the life of me, I can't recall if I tested this on my previous configuration (stock 4.3 + vorcers' kernel). I may not have, having been excited just to have CIFS mounting again. Once I've got the CleanROM + faux123 config set up the way I want it, I'll make a backup in TWRP, then restore my previous config, just to see if I can access SuperSU without the prompt. That backup definitely has 1.45 installed.

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012

After monkeying around with CleanROM and various kernels, I finally got around to restoring my backup of vorcers' kernel + SuperSU 1.45. And like you, SuperSU behaves normally, not prompting me to update the binary, and showing SuperSU Pro 1.45. I don't auto-update apps. I'm funny that way. But when I go to the Play Store, a SuperSU update lists as available. Ignoring for now.

Nice to know I've got a truly stable config to fall back on. Reckon I'll stick with it for now. I've got an HTPC to build! :D

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012
Good luck with your next project! :fingers-crossed:

Thanks! I can always mess around with the N7 while the OS installs and updates :)

Since we seem to want at least one thing in common from our N7s (i.e., CIFS), have you tried CleanROM (or any other ROM) with vorcers' or faux123's kernels, or any other kernel on stock 4.3? If so, do you have a favorite? I briefly tried M-Kernel (a-59), but it broke root completely. Seems like a real tweakers kernel, and when it moves from 'a' (Alpha) to 'mr' (Milestone Release), it could be fun to mess with.

If so, do you have a preference? Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, if you've the time.

Cheers.

glimmling

Jan 27, 2011
If so, do you have a preference?

Oh yes, my preference is actually always a stock rooted ROM. :laugh:
I did some testings with other ROM's on my devices, but always returned to stock, because everything runs smoothly with mostly no bugs.
I prefer vorcers kernel, because it is mostly stock with some great additions and the patch.

On my N7 I have MultiROM by tassadar installed, so I could test an other ROM without touching my current setup. But I did this only two times wit PA and Transporter.

Besides that I have installed the Xposed framework by rovo89. There are some interesting modules to upgrade the features of the stock ROM.

So all in all I'm a very conservative user. ;)
Greetings!
@vorcers
I hope, we were not to much off-topic in the last posts...:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

mkasick released in his thread a fix for the mounting problems in Android >= 4.2.

Description of the issue:
    Android >= 4.2 breaks Dalvik-apps that mount file systems to be shared with other apps. This includes CifsManager, Mount Manager, essentially anything that mounts cifs shares, FUSE file sytems, etc. The symptom is that the mounted contents appear fine to app that peforms the mount operation (assuming the app itself provides the ability to browse the contents), but every other app only sees an empty directory at the mount point.

As I said - mkasick released a solution - so I compiled my own kernel. Now we can again easy mount cifs and others! All old apps should work. Only limitation: the mount point needs to be outside of /storage (and also /mnt/sdcard/). Fix for this: Mount within /data/media/0 -- android will redirect the mount so you can access the mounted-files from this folders.

The kernel is a "stock kernel" and also includes:
    • mkasick Patch
    • Built-In cifs, md4, utf8, nfs, f2fs (Since V17)
    • kexec hardboot patch (The full patch, allows boot as host and as guest)
    • As Modules: .ko: snd-usb-audio and all of its devices (Installed, but not modprobe'd since V17)
    • [Since V16/Android 5.0.2] Fix for baseband_xmm_power wakelock on tilapia (see Hints and Bugs since V16 / Android 5.0 / Lollipop ; for Android 4.4.4 see this post)

mkasick recommends in his thread to patch dalavik, but for the stock-roms it is easier to patch the kernel.

Known Bugs:
    • Since Android 5.0.X/V16: SELinux is now blocking the access of cifs/nfs even in read. Also nfs isn't loaded at boot time anymore. For more information look below.
    • Since Android 4.4.X: There is a known bug with mounting cifs (you can't write). The solution is (try at your own risk) here. If you want to do this workaround at boot-time, you can flash the zip linked here.
    • With SuperSU >= 1.50 && < 1.65 the mounted folders are empty. Please update! (For more Info see hide-box "SuperSU Information" below)

Hints and Bugs since V16 / Android 5.0 / Lollipop:

SELinux, cifs and nfs

SELinux is since Android 5.0 "more" enforced. Because of that, even the read on nfs / cifs isn't working anymore without disabling selinux by "setenforce permissive" as root. Be careful, disabling selinux is an security hole. USB is still working with selinux at enforcing.

Because of the same reason the nfs and sound modules are not loaded at boot anymore. Because I don't want to mess around with selinux at boot time, you can modprobe them yourself, if you need it. Run the following commands as root to use nfs / sound modules (a installed busybox is required):

Activate sound modules:
    Code:
    busybox modprobe snd-usb-audio

Activate NFS File System:
    Code:
    busybox modprobe nfs

Workaround for baseband_xmm_power wakelock

Some people have massive issues with tegra3 + cellular devices with the baseband_xmm_power wakelock. The wakelock drains all the battery. With V16 I included a possible fix for this. The fix is based on the work of jfmcbrayer and Sgt. Meow. By default, the fix isn't active and the kernel uses the stock behaviour.

If you want to disable the wakelock entirely, you can flash this zip: CWM_activate_baseband_xmm_power_wakelock_workaround_vorcers_rev2.zip

I used this this workaround for some time with Android 4.4.4 and I had no issues. Well, I did not test the mobile data... Please tell me, if something isn't working (And the workaround is active). I just wanted to get rid of that battery drain. I was on flight mode all time.

Technical:

The workaround is enabled by echoing a number into a baseband_xmm_power module parameters:
    Code:
    echo 0 > /sys/module/baseband_xmm_power/parameters/bb_timeout

Possible Values:
    < 0 - disable workaround, stock behaviour [Default (-1)]
    = 0 - disable the baseband_xmm_power wakelock completely
    > 0 - how long the wakelock can stay active, every time the wakelock is triggered, in 10ths of a second. Meaning: Value 5 = 500 ms, 10 = 1 second, 20 = 2 seconds....

You find the patch I used in the actual Patchset. (Included since Android 5.0.2)

Downloads

(Kernels since v8 are only tested by me for the 3G version (tilapia) - but should also work with wifi (grouper).)

The flash of the kernel shouldn't break anything, but I recommend to backup your system.

Download-Links for grouper and tilapia:

In V11 the kernel modules are placed in /data instead of /system. If you are upgrade from < V11 and you want to delete the modules in /system, you can delete the folder "/system/vorcers_kernelmodules" manually, or you use this CWM-Zip to delete.

Download-Links only for grouper: (try on tilapia at your own risk)

Extra-Links:

Integration wishes for new kernelmodules to support new hardware are always welcome (you will get .ko's for my kernel)

Have a lot of fun!

Sources:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106480 (Mount fix)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2104706 (Hardboot patch)
    http://source.android.com/source/building-kernels.html
    http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack,_Edit,_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images
    http://nek0s.blogspot.de/2012/12/nexus-7-ramdisk.html

Changelog:

Android 5.1: gf5d7b8b-v18 (2015/04/10)
    - Switched to gf5d7b8b / android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-lollipop-mr1
    - Build-In nfs
    - Disabled Module auto loading for snd-usb modules -- are still installed
    - Added f2fs Filesystem, untested, standard is ext4

Android 5.0.2: g6ff7a51-v16 (2015/01/31)
    - Switched to g1e42d16 / android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-lollipop-release
    - Added Workaround for the baseband_xmm_power wakelock on tilapia (Please see "Hints and Bugs since V16 / Android 5.0 / Lollipop" for more information)
    - NFS and Sound Modules are not loaded anymore by default but can loaded manual via "busybox modprobe nfs" / "busybox modprobe snd-usb-audio".

Android 4.4.4: g1e42d16-v13 (2014/06/06)
    - Switched to g1e42d16 / android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-kitkat-mr2

Android 4.4.3: g4776c68-v12 (2014/06/03)
    - Updated Grouper and Tilapia ramdisks for Android 4.4.3.

Android 4.4.2: g4776c68-v11 (2014/01/11)
    - To save space in /system, the kernel-modules had been moved from /system/vorcers_kernelmodules to /data/vorcers_kernelmodules.
    If you want to delete the modules in /system, you can use this zip: CWM_delete_system_vorcers_kernelmodules.zip
    - Nothing else is new

Android 4.4.2: g4776c68-v10 (2013/12/11)
    - Updated Kernel Config and Ramdisks. (Both changed in Android 4.4.2/KOT49H)

Android 4.4: g4776c68-v9 (2013/12/10)
    - Created separate files for grouper and tilapia (their ramdisk differ, kernel not)

Android 4.4: g4776c68-v8 (2013/12/07)
    - Switched to Android 4.4: g4776c68 ; KRT16O (?) ; android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-kitkat-mr1 KRT16S is gee1a0b2 / (?)(?) android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-kitkat-mr0 (?)(?)

Android 4.3: g1e8b3d8-v7 (2013/09/01)
    - Modules Support for Android 4.3
    - Packed all modules inside zip...
    - I go back to the old version scheme and only count up the numbers...

Android 4.3: g1e8b3d8-v6 (2013/07/29)
    - Forgot somehow UTF8
    - Really added /proc/config.gz

Android 4.3: g1e8b3d8-v5-km-v4 (2013/07/25)
    - Switched to Android 4.3: g1e8b3d8 ; jwr66v ; android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-jb-mr2
    - This kernel has also: /proc/config.gz and an loadable module support (Stock has not)
    - I also provided the patchset I used for Android 4.3

Android 4.2.2: g05b777c-v4-km-v2 (2013/02/19)
    v4-Kernel (boot-grouper-vorcers-g05b777c-v4.zip):
    - Switched to different version schema: boot-grouper-vorcers-<android-kernel-hash>-v<count of changes of kernel (overall)> ; For the kernelmodules it is: kernelmodules-vorcers-<android-kernel-hash>-v<count of changes of kernel-modules (overall)>. This means for you: if the number is higher, there is something new :D Version-Number at Changelog: <android-kernel-hash>-v<count of changes of kernel (overall)> -km-v<count of changes of kernel-modules (overall)>
    - Added init.d (/system/etc/init.d/) support to the kernel/init.rc. If the directory exists, the scripts inside the directory get run via "run-parts" from busybox. This means: The script need to be runable (+x) and mustn't have an file-extension.
    - Removed the mount of /mounts out of init.rc (is now in an script called by init.rc)
    v2-Kernelmodules (kernelmodules-vorcers-g05b777c-v2.zip):
    - Made a CWM flashable package which autoloads the modules in my kernel.

Android 4.2.1: v3 - boot-grouper-4.2.2-vorcers-v3.zip : (2013/02/15)
    - Switched to Android 4.2.2 - Kernel, jdq39, g05b777c, android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-jb-mr1.1
    - Added Modules for OTG-USB-Sound (see kernelmodules*.zip)
    Android 4.2.0: v2 (2013/01/19)
    - I added a tmpfs mount for /mounts, so you don't need to do "mount -o remount rw /" and create your inital-mountpoint yourself. /mounts is writeable by all apps. (done in init.rc)
    Android 4.2.0: v1 (2013/01/19)
    - inital release

SuperSU Information:

Information for SuperSU Users

It seemed that SuperSU >= 1.50 && < 1.65 doesn't work correctly with this kernel. Well, the Version 1.65 seems to work again (The folders where empty after mount). The SuperSU Version 1.45 worked the best. If you want to use 1.45, you can download the old Flashable-Version here: http://download.chainfire.eu/343/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.45.zip.

As I said, the version 1.65 seems to work again. It maybe can happen, that the folders gets empty, after some time. This has been noticed with Version 1.60. But 1.65 not (yet).

If you still have problems with the empty folders on my kernel, you should try superuser by koush.

koush's superuser is opensource and is the same as in cyanogenmod. And with that, the mount-technique is working without bugs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.superuser

Some gimmick: One"click"mount-Shell-Script

Because I want to get rid of stickmount, I written a little shell-script to mount all connected devices. It is very similar to stickmount, but it supports: ext, fat32, ntfs. Well, ntfs only, if you provide the path to an ntfs-3g binary. (In the variable NTFS_BINARY) I used in the script the paragon-ntfs binary. Just install the Paragon-App.

Download V2.2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rjmsdt06cf0cp6b/oneclickmountv22.sh.gz
    Download V3: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xppx2m3awcf3oq3/oneclickmount-v3-20130221172223.tar.gz

glimmling created a tasker apk for this script. I but it still bases on v11 of the script.

• from v3 on, ocm needs -m parameter. If you want the old behavior, use "-m auto"
    • from v3 on, ocm also mounts /dev/block/sdX partitons (e.g. /dev/block/sda), but only if my script can use a busybox with blkid with TYPE output. (I provided one)
    • I added in v3 an fstab-like future usable with -f <file> see my example.
    • Please be careful with the new v3. I works, but I would call it "beta"...
    • You can't run ocm >= v3 inside /mnt/sdcard. All files (except for ocm.fstab and ocm-library) need the x right. Copy the files too /data/local/, "chmod 777 *" them and run ocm from /data/local.
    example for ocm.fstab.
    syntax:
    Code:
    <device> <mountpoint> <fs-type> <options>
    example:
    It is is very importent that the options seperated by one space!
    Code:
    //192.168.100.1/username username cifs username=<username>,password=password,ro
    192.168.100.1:/home/username nfs nfs nolock,ro
    /dev/sda1 sda1 ntfs

Thanks to:
    mkasick - for the patch
    farhanito - for the basic code in the .zip
    glimmling - for the tasker apk's running the One"click"mount-Shell-Script
    jfmcbrayer / Sgt. Meow - for the baseband_xmm_power wakelock workaround
    Version 12 released (Release for Android 4.4.3)

Hey Guys,

If someone is still using my kernel: I just released v12. It is the same kernel as in v11, but with a different ramdisk. (Android 4.4.3 changed the ramdisk)

Please also note, that my kernel is still using the Kernel-Version "3.1.10-g4776c68" (From Android 4.4.0), because Google did not release the actual kernel-branches for Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 in the tegra-kernel archive. ("kitkat-mr2-release", Android 4.4.3 stock kernel is: "3.1.10-g1e42d16")

This will be also my last release, because I don't think the 2012' Nexus 7 will get updates anymore. I will maybe create a updated version, if Google unlocks the tegra-kernel-4.4.3 branch.

In this manner... So long guys!

Have a good life and always fun with Android! :victory:

vorcers
    I just released v8 for Android 4.4 and everything seems to work.... :victory:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/48xo4axdd2dpwnh/boot-grouper-vorcers-g4776c68-v8.zip

I tested cifs-mounting in /mounts/, OI Filemanager and mxplayer where able to access the files.... I did that with SuperSU 1.80.

I used with this kernel the newer kernel sources, https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/tegra/+/android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-kitkat-mr1

I think these are the sources for KRT16O / Android 4.4.1... but it also works with KRT16S.
    Release of V18 / Android 5.1

Hey Guys,

since Google added the Android 5.1 Tilapia Image, I now "officially" release V18. The kernel is the same build as in the untested version, so, if you flashed the untested grouper v18, you don't need to reflash this again.

As always: Links are in the first post.

vorcers
    I attached v4. For more Information look at the first post. I am also working hard to make a better One"Click"Mount. It will get something like fstab (to mount cifs and nfs and usb-devices and maybe other...) :highfive: You can follow my development at github: https://github.com/vorcers/oneclickmount

@ThurstonX

If you flash the kernelmodules*.zip at my kernel you will get (currently) also support for nfs and usb-audio. But if someone want some other kernel modules, I will compile and include them.

And v4 includes init.d support via busybox's run-parts.

@tobiasth

To support mounting without hjack debuggerd you just need to flash the kernel - the rom itself don't need to be changed. mkasick modified the mount function of the kernel.

You just need to mount your devices at /data/media/0/ to see them also inside /mnt/sdcard. Android redirects it. Some same does also stickmount. Stickmount runs with debuggerd his mount commands in the same level as the kernels with mkasick's patch. I will post a final statement and how bad stickmount is written in my thread soon: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2062768 (The reason why it doesn't work, is that we tried to mount inside of /storage, but we needed to mount inside /data/media/0.) I will post the complete mount script which is in /system/bin/debuggerd written. I need to do it, because chainfire didn't it. I can't understand that... So everyone can use that and there are not only two apps which support mounting in android 4.2. (Soon three, onecklickmount will support the debuggerd method :) )