[Q] [TL][H] Xperia T. Internal storage is dead.

Search This thread

deywid12345

Apr 7, 2013
Welcome guys, my internal storage is dead it happend after I accidentally cleaned it (wanted to format external sd card...). I can't copy anything from PC on to it. I have no access. I'm running cm-11-20140623-NIGHTLY-mint with ClockworkModRecovery 6.x
How can I fix it?
I tried so far again cleaning it from Android level and also formating partition via recovery mode.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Welcome guys, my internal storage is dead it happend after I accidentally cleaned it (wanted to format external sd card...). I can't copy anything from PC on to it. I have no access. I'm running cm-11-20140623-NIGHTLY-mint with ClockworkModRecovery 6.x
How can I fix it?
I tried so far again cleaning it from Android level and also formating partition via recovery mode.

It's an old issue with formatting your internal memory with a custom ROM, and I think it's a permission issue. Can you access ADB through recovery?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52698386&postcount=95

Last edited:

deywid12345

Apr 7, 2013
It's an old issue with formatting your internal memory with a custom ROM, and I think it's a permission issue. Can you access ADB through recovery?
How can I check that? (I installed CM with tutorial step-by-step). I can use recovery mode, fastboot, my phone boot up just fine. I have read this but I don't know what I have to do. Can you tell me :(? I'm depressed.

Last edited:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
How can I check that? (I installed CM with tutorial step-by-step). I can use recovery mode, fastboot, my phone boot up just fine. I have read this but I don't know what I have to do. Can you tell me :(? I'm depressed.

If you install a Terminal Emulator on your phone, you might be able to avoid using ADB. Ideally you should learn how to set up ADB (google it), or read this and see if it helps you.

Let me know if you install a Terminal Emulator (and are rooted).

deywid12345

Apr 7, 2013
If you install a Terminal Emulator on your phone, you might be able to avoid using ADB. Ideally you should learn how to set up ADB (google it), or read this and see if it helps you.

Let me know if you install a Terminal Emulator (and are rooted).

I have Terminal Emulator installed and rooted yet.
What's the next step. You are my only hope to fix this man.

Last edited:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012

Then open Terminal Emulator and run the following commands (ignore what is in parenthesis):

Code:
su (grant access)
cd /mnt/media_rw
ls -l

Let me know what that command shows you. It should show you something similar to what I have in the attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-25-19-16-27.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-25-19-16-27.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: 5zan

deywid12345

Apr 7, 2013
Then open Terminal Emulator and run the following commands (ignore what is in parenthesis):

Code:
su (grant access)
cd /mnt/media_rw
ls -l

Let me know what that command shows you. It should show you something similar to what I have in the attached image.

yeah it do.

Code:
drwxr -xr -x root root 1971-03-04 01:26 sdcard0
drwxrwx--- media_rw media_rw 1970-01-01 01:00 sdcard1
drwx------ media_rw media_rw 1971-03-04 01:25 usbdisk

That's what i got (can't provide you any screenshot because of not working internal mem.

(it looks like i dont have write permissions, but i have completly no clue how to fix it, just wrote that)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5zan

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
yeah it do.

Code:

That's what i got (can't provide you any screenshot because of not working internal mem.

(it looks like i dont have write permissions, but i have completly no clue how to fix it, just wrote that)

Well, then you should try the following. Open the terminal again, use "su" again to grant root access, and do the following:

Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw
busybox chown -R 2800:2800 sdcard0
chmod 0770 sdcard0

Then either try to take a photo or create a file in your internal memory, or reboot and test your internal memory.

Edit: Just to be clear, the default user/owner for Sony internal memory is 2800, mine is set to 1023 (media_rw), as most phones should have, because I have modded the ramdisk in my kernel in order to use a certain program.

Last edited:

deywid12345

Apr 7, 2013
Well, then you should try the following. Open the terminal again, use "su" again to grant root access, and do the following:

Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw
chmod 0770 sdcard0

Then either try to take a photo or create a file in your internal memory, or reboot and test your internal memory.

Edit: Just to be clear, the default user/owner for Sony internal memory is 2800, mine is set to 1023 (media_rw), as most phones should have, because I have modded the ramdisk in my kernel in order to use a certain program.

Man it works! I ****in owe you! Worked even without rebooting phone.
Love from Poland!

taaviu

Jan 11, 2010
Tallinn
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia V

Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw
chmod 0770 sdcard0

Working with Xperia V and just fixed my sd card. Thnx :good::good::good::good:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
And I'm here again, anew I got same situation but I can't fix it by applying these command. Can you help me?

Are you booted up in Android? Maybe Sdcard0 needs to be unmounted first (although I've never had to unmount it). Maybe you should try running the command from recovery when the internal memory isn't mounted (and if it is, unmount it first).

deywid12345

Apr 7, 2013
No problem. In case you're interested in learning what that just did, you might want read this and this. ;)

Are you booted up in Android? Maybe Sdcard0 needs to be unmounted first (although I've never had to unmount it). Maybe you should try running the command from recovery when the internal memory isn't mounted (and if it is, unmount it first).

I'm running TWRP 2.8.4.1 (OmniROM 4.4) when I go to mount section and uncheck "sdcard" it doesnt get saved and on reboot it again unmounted. How do I unmount it in right way?

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
I'm running TWRP 2.8.4.1 (OmniROM 4.4) when I go to mount section and uncheck "sdcard" it doesnt get saved and on reboot it again unmounted. How do I unmount it in right way?

I don't think I understand what you're trying to say, but you don't have to reboot in order to unmount the sdcard. All you have to do is uncheck the "sdcard" in the mount section, and then run the chown command.

Then again, how did that happen again? Did you format your sdcard0 (internal memory) again?

Run the "mount" command in Android and see if your "Sdcard0" is formatted as Vfat. If it is, you won't be able to change ownership to the partition unless you format it again in TWRP so that it changes to ext4.

Reactions: deywid12345

deywid12345

Apr 7, 2013
I don't think I understand what you're trying to say, but you don't have to reboot in order to unmount the sdcard. All you have to do is uncheck the "sdcard" in the mount section, and then run the chown command.

Then again, how did that happen again? Did you format your sdcard0 (internal memory) again?

Run the "mount" command in Android and see if your "Sdcard0" is formatted as Vfat. If it is, you won't be able to change ownership to the partition unless you format it again in TWRP so that it changes to ext4.

Yep It happend again by formatting internal storage.
But it's working back again ;)! Thanks mate!
I formated it via TWRP to EXT4 then adb commands and poof, it works! God bless you.

G

GuestD0606

There are so many dead question threads but the helpfulness shown here just rekindled my faith in humanity :)

thijs84

Nov 1, 2008
Didn't work for me, this is the output I got:

/system/bin/sh: <stdin>[2]: cd: /mnt/media_rw:
Permission denied

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Free mobile app

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Didn't work for me, this is the output I got:

/system/bin/sh: <stdin>[2]: cd: /mnt/media_rw:
Permission denied

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Free mobile app

If you're having trouble to even change directories to /mnt/media_rw/, how do you know that directory exists?

Are you trying that from recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah it do.

Code:

Code:
    su
    cd /mnt/media_rw
    chmod 0770 sdcard0

Code:
    su (grant access)
    cd /mnt/media_rw
    ls -l

Code:
    su (grant access)
    cd /mnt/media_rw
    ls -l

yeah it do.

Code:

Man it works! I ****in owe you! Worked even without rebooting phone.
    Love from Poland!

No problem. In case you're interested in learning what that just did, you might want read this and this. ;)