[How to] HELP for NEW GUYS

Search This thread

Nik Ahmad

Jan 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi, i think we can flashing (that required hard-spl) without installing hard-spl.
i do it by replacing the RUU_Signed.nbh in the hard-spl folder with the RUU_Signed.nbh for the ROM we want to flash.
i have tried it twice, and it's work. my SPL is still:
Pola 100
SPL 3.18.00
CPLD-2
it's still the original SPL, isn't it? or i am wrong?

Good news :D

fktsndr

Jun 18, 2007
hi, i think we can flashing (that required hard-spl) without installing hard-spl.
i do it by replacing the RUU_Signed.nbh in the hard-spl folder with the RUU_Signed.nbh for the ROM we want to flash.
i have tried it twice, and it's work. my SPL is still:
Pola 100
SPL 3.18.00
CPLD-2
it's still the original SPL, isn't it? or i am wrong?

If you search more, you will find, hard-spl is much more safe!

If something goes wrong, the pda will stay in (hard-spl) and you can restart the process.
You can use command line with hard-spl.

Flashing without hard-spl, you loose these feature...

Every forum, every expert suggests use hard-spl;)

Last edited:

BelgicanoFL

Apr 11, 2006
So to install on touch cruise :

1. Hard spl?
2. Compatible radio
3. Install ROM

Is it in that order? And Oh which rom is the best you think? Like which one comes closest to the original WM6.5 one?

CSiPet

Jan 17, 2009
problem

After I installed hard spl, I installed pcarvalho's rom, but the boot picture showed spl1.10... But the rom installed, and runed smoothly. Well for a while. After secound reset its down. No start menu, nothing. So I downloaded the htc original 6.1rom, and before the installation I got spl2.20string...
What happened? I dont understand, but I'm newbye in these mobiles...

chris10230

May 19, 2008
After I installed hard spl, I installed pcarvalho's rom, but the boot picture showed spl1.10... But the rom installed, and runed smoothly. Well for a while. After secound reset its down. No start menu, nothing. So I downloaded the htc original 6.1rom, and before the installation I got spl2.20string...
What happened? I dont understand, but I'm newbye in these mobiles...

What does it show on bootloader?

Hold down camera and press the reset button at bottom of it.

Still sounds odd :confused:

yusli

Jul 27, 2009
If you search more, you will find, hard-spl is much more safe!

If something goes wrong, the pda will stay in (hard-spl) and you can restart the process.
You can use command line with hard-spl.

Flashing without hard-spl, you loose these feature...

Every forum, every expert suggests use hard-spl;)

i just want to keep the original spl, but from what you said, i will consider hard-spl on the next flashing :) thanks.

alex783

Dec 26, 2007
Taranto
Hello guys!
Yesterday I flashed my Touch Find (POLA200, the Touch Cruise sold by TIM) with the official WM 6.1 ROM cooked by HTC but now the RAM available is 84MB. This is caused by the new driver 3.13, isn't?

Is it possible to install the old driver (version 1.25?) without flashing the ROM again? I would like to keep the actual ROM cooked by HTC but with 101MB of RAM and not only 84MB.

Many thanks!
bye,
Alessandro.

chris10230

May 19, 2008
Hello guys!
Yesterday I flashed my Touch Find (POLA200, the Touch Cruise sold by TIM) with the official WM 6.1 ROM cooked by HTC but now the RAM available is 84MB. This is caused by the new driver 3.13, isn't?

Is it possible to install the old driver (version 1.25?) without flashing the ROM again? I would like to keep the actual ROM cooked by HTC but with 101MB of RAM and not only 84MB.

Many thanks!
bye,
Alessandro.

This is not possible only through cooked roms. Have a look at the 3LIT3 suite of roms if you fancy flashing and gaining back your ram

shumilica

Apr 20, 2008
Bucharest
What version of Original-SPL should I install? (I want to go to the warranty with my polaris). It doesn't matter or it has to be something depending on what original ROM (6.0 or 6.1) i put?
I want to go today so if you know the answer please respond.

Later edit:
Nevermind, i used 1.25 with the original shipped rom (win6.0). I've got an error after repluging the cable and i had to restart the romupdateutility. Now it's good to go to warranty (it doesn't connect anymore to 3g network).

Last edited:

Legobil

Mar 1, 2010
SWE Key/notepad

Hi everyone!
This is my first post in any of the forums at xda.com and I´m hoping that someone have an answer. My question is: Is it possible to have swedish textpad and T9 using a WWE-rom?

Lego

k_o_t_s

Nov 27, 2007
How to install cooked rom.

Download the cooked rom, and unpack it to a folder.
STEP MANUALLY to bootloader. (Press and hold camera button and press reset)
You will see a tricolor screen on you PDA, and you have to see SPL-2.20.Olinex string. IF YOU NOT SEE THIS DO NOT TRY TO FLASH ROM!!!
Now connect your PDA to PC.
From the Hard-spl folder, run RomUpdateUtility.exe, or Rom.exe, (Next, Next….)
The screen will be grey, and a few minutes later the new rom will be installed.
(After rom flash Hard Reset is strongly recommended)

How to install Radio rom

Download the radio rom, and unpack it to a folder. (only first and second radio-roms are for Polaris, the others are for Kaiser)
STEP MANUALLY to bootloader. (Press and hold camera button and press reset)
You will see a tricolor screen on you PDA, and you have to see SPL-2.20.Olinex string. IF YOU NOT SEE THIS DO NOT TRY TO FLASH ROM!!!
Now connect your PDA to PC.
From the Hard-spl folder, run RomUpdateUtility.exe (Next, Next….)
The screen will be grey, and a few minutes later the new radio rom will be installed.

Are you sure you mean Hard-Spl folder and not the rom/radio folder respectively? I am talking about the blue words

tekknokrat

Jul 23, 2010
Hi,
is it possible to perform a radio update on pol100 without Polaris_CustomRUU.exe on linux?
Want to upgrade to Polaris_1.65.38.14.
I only have ubuntu running on my eeepc, tried with virtualbox but less success and don't want to mess with windows.

Last edited:

chris10230

May 19, 2008
Hi,
is it possible to perform a radio update on pol100 without Polaris_CustomRUU.exe on linux?
Want to upgrade to Polaris_1.65.38.14.
I only have ubuntu running on my eeepc, tried with virtualbox but less success and don't want to mess with windows.

1. Rename the nbh to polaimg.nbh
2. Copy that to your sd card
3. boot into the bootloader (hold down camera and reset device)
4. follow on screen instructions

Now you have a new radio. Also this works for any rom....

Enjoy xda!

bulukaki

I have been having some "trouble" with the phone, good thing I've stumbled to this thread. my Polaris have been behaving strangely for a couple of months and I feel that I don't really have any chance but to live with it (well, all I know is how to flash regular cellphones and doing nokias are not even worth categorized as "flashing a cellphone").

anyway, quick info. bought the phone on summer 2008, about 6 days after buying, the screen went wonky so it goes down for repair and HTC replaced it with a new LCD. after that the SN won't work on any HTC website, said that it's not correct. I asked for HTC's help and their reply was the general stuff they post on FAQ part of their website. after 4 times, I just gave up, they just don't really care about me anymore since they replace the LCD.

here's the list of the problems: (hopefully fixed by the time the phone is flashed)
- sometimes when there's more than 1 txt msg coming in, the phone's ring will be at least double the amount of actual msg (e.g.2 msg = 4 rings, more than 4 is about 9-10 rings, not counting the delivery confirmation)
- sometimes there's no mail icon for txt msg coming in but the number indication on Today's screen under the clock is correct
- phone is trying to send "ghost" mms when I'm replying to a txt msg (been almost 8 months going through this and all I can think of is pressing the reboot hole next to the usb plug). very annoying. sending mms to a ; in the middle of me trying to send a txt
- sometimes only picture of person calling appear, but there's no phone number shown
- when battery is removed, phone does not keep up to date with time and date. just noticed it last week. very strange to have the phone displaying yesterday's date and time haha :p
- reading more than 2 txt msg can balloon up the memory usage to 85%, makes the phone very sluggish

fingers crossed. getting ready to "fix" and "operate" ..........

AFTER FLASHING:

- so far phone display looks nice. haven't gone deep in. :)
- bad stuff happening: due to updating RADIO ROM to 1.64, signal reception is super bad, blankly searching most of the time.
- another bad stuff: battery meter doesn't have any number indication anymore! what gives HTC?
- another bad stuff: can't see what program still runs and can't kill anything when pressing the memory picture when tapping the X or the 3bars with the arrow down on the top right corner :(
- more stuff to do :( ...have to downgrade the RADIO back to what original rom wants... :(

Last edited:

goran124

Mar 25, 2011
Hallo,
im trying to install Hard-SPL-2 but when i press update,next,next.... i get this message:
ERROR(202): CONNCTION

I have tryed with two different usb cables but that is not the problem.The phone is xda orbit II O2.
Can someone help me?

Top Liked Posts