What is exatly needed for a WM6.5.3 Rom?

Search This thread

arag0n85

Jul 29, 2009
yep.
even so it sill can go wrong.

yes, but that s quiet interesant because that means that on early tryes we should avoid packing payloads with diferent size than the original one, in order to do not need at all rewrite the catalog file. What are the chances to be able to do it with trash files on xip and sys?

WenWM

Retired XDA News Writer
May 20, 2009
Saint Paul
Well I asked how much you deserved because whatever you said, I was going to add my own personal money into it and give you, but that seemed to have back fired.

You said your self you wanted me to get a cook, since you couldnt do it, and I did I3v5y, but he cannot cook unless he has something to test on, which is why he has half the money, so he can truely get his test ROM update to a working and functional ROM.

No offense was intended.

cedesmith

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2010
@mr.mike
yes, yes i know. i didn't have a paypal account so made 1 for donations, paypal has '"kindly" limited my account on 1st day because of high activity (2 donations).
i'm being quiet on forums till paypal fix the limitation. after is finished and if roms will surface people will lose interest in tgtool development.

@jeams
i think it is still work on progress.

mcfaddwa22

Sep 4, 2009
donations

heres the thing. i am a stand up dude. i dont mind donating, which i did the first time, but i dont want to feel like this is being held over my head. i operate on honesty and just doing for those in need. either he going to do it or not. money is not a problem but cede's answers seem sketchy..you all may be mad at me for saying this but i am being real. i sat patiently just reading. lets be men...and get this done..

cedesmith

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2010
@mcfaddwa22
i like to think of myself as strait and honest and i speak my mind.

i have no relation to wen and don't have anything to with his donations raising nor received a cent from him. he promised the test phone but in the mean time sent (part of) the money to someone else.
i'm not going to risk my phone just for kicks. do you ?

i'm not holding anything over your head. i did not set targets or anything. i just want my paypal up when i will release final version so who appreciates my work can donate before it goes into oblivion.

can you blame me ?
would you take a 3 weeks leave of absence from your job, would you work that much time just for vanity ?

p.s. hope you noticed "when i will release"

Last edited:

useyourfist

Jan 27, 2010
EDIT
codesmith you posted at the same time lol and made my post irrelevant
keep up good work i will donate wen your work is complete

Last edited:

mr.mike

Mar 7, 2010
uhm....I think that Wen should send him 100% money .After we obtain the tgtool final version ,we can continue to donate for another testing device...The tgtool for decrypting and unlocking is the first and the most important part...and of course ,cedesmith is the only one can make that...

Last edited:

useyourfist

Jan 27, 2010
i think it would be fair for wens cook to keep half of the money for a rom and cedesmith sould get half for his work and we could all donate the rest to cedesmith if its needed.

cedesmith - you could always release your tool with a warning that its not been tested on a device and see if anyone is brave enough to use it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ......very easy to create a BRICK!

After rebuilding process is finalized, I will go deeper, get out the Toshiba app., put in SENSE 2.5, etc...this will be much easier to do.

As a start point, a 'plain vanilla' de-branded ROM would be a stunning success.

The future no doubt holds all sorts of possibilities with imported features, Sense, and so on, but I'd really counsel taking this slow and above all rigorously tested before anything more adventurous :)