Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cyanogen

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
Seattle
cyanogenmod.com
Has anyone tried modifying the build.prop to fix the Market?

I know this is how you could fix it on the AOSP Hero ROMs when we were having problems:

It seems like it is easy as modifying the build fingerprint and home operator.

Edit: Changing my fingerprint to that didn't seem to change anything. I wonder if we could try out different devices.

There's also some stuff you have to do to make reset.. editing vending_preferences.xml is one way. Sign in with a different account to be sure.

TheBiles

Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
www.flickr.com
Problem with the latest nightly: Sometimes when I would return from sleep mode, the screen would be totally unresponsive, and I couldn't unlock the device. I'd have to battery pull. Rolled back for now.

-------------
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

Albaholic

Mar 20, 2007
Honolulu
Problem with the latest nightly: Sometimes when I would return from sleep mode, the screen would be totally unresponsive, and I couldn't unlock the device. I'd have to battery pull. Rolled back for now.

-------------
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

I had the same problem. I hit the power button until the phone options menu came up then the touchscreen started working again.

Wire P. Snyder

Apr 9, 2010
El Paso, Texas
There's also some stuff you have to do to make reset.. editing vending_preferences.xml is one way. Sign in with a different account to be sure.

Work is amazing.

Confucius say "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."

He also say

"When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge."

Been reading the complaints, They should be punished for breaking the rules. LOL.... and the "temporary bugs for basic use" Awesome work... Keep it up guys... And get some rest....because Confucius also say.

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Sending you a donation. Hope that buys some beers... or what ever keeps you guys going for hours on end???? :D:cool:

SniperDroid

Jul 12, 2010
Confucius also say, "go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky fingers"

Keep up the work fellas, can't wait til the final release.

davpel

Waiting for a few more bug fixes before I give CM6 a shot, but two quick questions that I haven't seen addressed specifically in this thread:

1) With CM6 freshly installed, how much available internal storage is there?

2) Is Froyo's native ability to store apps on an external card supported in CM6?

Thanks.

tmotech88

Jan 13, 2010
jacksonville
Waiting for a few more bug fixes before I give CM6 a shot, but two quick questions that I haven't seen addressed specifically in this thread:

1) With CM6 freshly installed, how much available internal storage is there?

2) Is Froyo's native ability to store apps on an external card supported in CM6?

Thanks.

Well I had 394mb of free space after flash and I think 2.2 does promote that

Sent from the beast from the east HTC Evo with XDA App

patelkedar91

Jun 20, 2010
Everything is working beautifully. Had some problems at first with the browser and force close ... but fixed it by flashing cyanogen mod and gapps again. I wiped the first time I flashed it of course, but not the second time to fix the browser FC.

Anyway, all is running pretty well.

I have one complaint... and that's the lag when scrolling through the app drawer... Everything else is smooth, but ADW Launcher needs to do something about it.
I even tweaked the settings quite a bit... all the settings I tried didn't make it any better.

It's fine though, and loving the wiimote / gameboid gameplay.
Playing gameboid with kickstand / wiimote is sick!

Icculus574

Jul 19, 2010
I'm still on the first nightly and my Market is working with protected apps. I would try looking at the difference between my build and your build.

Sent from my EVO using XDA App

TheBiles

Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
www.flickr.com
I'm still on the first nightly and my Market is working with protected apps. I would try looking at the difference between my build and your build.

Sent from my EVO using XDA App

Hm, maybe I will go back to the first nightly and see if they re-appear. I can't actually think of any real improvements between the nightlies, so it shouldn't matter much.

Biofall

Mar 17, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks yall. Yeah I figured I'd see a thread pop up here and go crazy, but I hang out on PPC Geeks, and this thread was dead for a couple of days, so I just thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it is but they where asking about the tv app ;) , hopefully it will because i do use it every once in awhile. really helped out with being able to watch world cup games!

oh woops, my bad. i completely misread, was too busy swapping out my crappy htc apps for less memory-intrusive market stuff :) yeah, tv should work fine too. i keep nav/tv on here still, but ditched the rest of their crap.