[DEV][RC5] Team Nyx [Android 4.0.4] (ICSSGS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xxProphecyxx

Nov 1, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey, I'm on the newest Beta 2 with Fugumod Kernel, but I'm having an issue with data, I think? I'm not positive if it's just a bug or not, but I've reflashed twice as well as ODIN'd twice to flash this and I can't seem to get any higher data icon that G or E? I'm not sure if that is a bug or whatnot, but I'm stuck on G and it'll sometimes switch to G. I flashed to Legend V1.3 KK2 to see if I liked it (which I didn't) and I know it flashed my modem, so I'm starting to think that is what did things, but I'm at a loss as to what modem I'm going to want. Before I was getting an H and 3G logo in my bar, though, so I'm doubting it's this rom specifically. I'm on AT&T also, so if anyone has any insight on what modem or something to that accord I need to use, I'd be a pretty happy camper :)

Try this modem [JVT]: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03QTEGNK

Try this 3g script fix: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D9UYUICZ

Reboot into CWM and flash both. Hope it helps.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

my battery got whacked today? hardly even used it.. whats the android os thats eating my battery?

Damn.... your android os should not be that high. Get CPU Master and use default settings.

pqrs

Dec 5, 2010
Eagle Id.
my phone was warm to the touch for some reason? ive been running this rom for a while now and its the first time thats happened. usually the battery life is just average bad.. ive never made it a whole day, im usually charging on my way home from work. i do have cpu master, but its overclocked at 1300.. ill try 1000 and see if it makes a difference.

xxProphecyxx

Nov 1, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
my phone was warm to the touch for some reason? ive been running this rom for a while now and its the first time thats happened. usually the battery life is just average bad.. ive never made it a whole day, im usually charging on my way home from work. i do have cpu master, but its overclocked at 1300.. ill try 1000 and see if it makes a difference.

Yeah... 1300 is probably why it is like that, I have mine set to 1000 and I get 1 day 12 hours on a battery at moderate use.

adzidek

Nov 15, 2010
Toronto
tv out

From the other ICS thread, in "Fixed Issues" on their new Build 7.1:

"Support for TV Out (in Galaxy S Setting application)"

Should I be getting excited yet that maybe Beta 3 here might get this too?

:)

sirrkitt

Jan 8, 2010
Portland, OR
Well crud. I flashed the modem so far and im still stuck on E. Ill try the script next but i dont jnderstand how that would help. This is frustrating. It all worked until I flashed that Collective rom.

white00gt

Dec 15, 2010
CT
S
From the other ICS thread, in "Fixed Issues" on their new Build 7.1:

"Support for TV Out (in Galaxy S Setting application)"

Should I be getting excited yet that maybe Beta 3 here might get this too?

:)
I wouldn't yet releases are usually just fixes ,if you look at what has changed in their latest release, it looks like it's just fixes for issues that we are not seeing- at least I don't have most of the issues they are showing

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

milniko

Oct 16, 2010
Using beta2, notice problem with assigning static wifi IP address, after clicking on Advance wifi menu, I can see IP address, but I can't change it ...?

Solved

Ok, I got solution, disconnect wifi and after that scan for wifi.
When you get access wifi point, keep pressed on one, and you will get menu "Connect to network". On next menu scroll down and check "Show advanced option", scroll more down and now user can set static IP address, DNS, Gateway, etc ..

xxProphecyxx

Nov 1, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI

CPU Master has a widget that tells you the current state [temp, discharge, and mhz it is running at the time].

hernan078

Oct 26, 2010
This is the end of my 1st battery cycle since installing Beta 2 and Beta 2 kernel [Captivate]. It is with normal use, lots of wifi, some Pandora [couple of hours], texting, couple of short phone calls, and my daughter played Angry Birds for 1 1/2 hours.

See Attachment.

What are you doing to calibrate your battery

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

xxProphecyxx

Nov 1, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
What are you doing to calibrate your battery

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

I have seperate batteries [3 of them and a battery charger], so I don't have to plug in. After I flashed the new Beta 2 ROM and my battery died. I boot into CWM and reset battery stats. Then boot up phone. I downloaded CPU Master [free on market], ran that [default settings], click the set on boot box. That was all that I did, I used it as I normally would for my day to day use.

Right now, I am at 12 1/2 hrs with 78% left.

Also, I have a standard batteries, not extended. 1500mAh

Last edited:

Knight613

Jan 15, 2011
I have seperate batteries [3 of them and a battery charger], so I don't have to plug in. After I flashed the new Beta 2 ROM and my battery died. I boot into CWM and reset battery stats. Then boot up phone. I downloaded CPU Master [free on market], ran that [default settings], click the set on boot box. That was all that I did, I used it as I normally would for my day to day use.

Right now, I am at 12 1/2 hrs with 78% left.

Also, I have a standard batteries, not extended. 1500mAh

Do you have it set to scaling on demand? I don't really seem to notice any difference in battery life and from what I can tell it's always at 1000mhz.

xxProphecyxx

Nov 1, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Do you have it set to scaling on demand? I don't really seem to notice any difference in battery life and from what I can tell it's always at 1000mhz.

Yeah, it is set at [ondemand]. If you get CPU Spy, then you can see what your phone is operating at. Gives a list of all the mhz in different incraments. 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000, 1200, 1300. Tells you the times they were used. And most important, Deep Sleep. Lets you know if/how long you phone was in deep sleep.

BigMc71

Nov 26, 2010
Well crud. I flashed the modem so far and im still stuck on E. Ill try the script next but i dont jnderstand how that would help. This is frustrating. It all worked until I flashed that Collective rom.

For some reason, I had totally broken modem when I use JVT. I switched to KK2 but was told the sound quality was terrible. I change JL2 and had a huge improvement.

xxProphecyxx

Nov 1, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Haven't heard anything from any of the Dev's, I wonder if there is anything in the works. Since everything was moving so fast with new versions, I haven't loaded all my apps via TB.

Psychemage

Apr 3, 2008
11%252520-%2525201.jpg

my battery got whacked today? hardly even used it.. whats the android os thats eating my battery?

I have no idea how some of you are getting such amazing battery life. I'm a with this guy and his Android OS issues. I wiped my batt stats this morning, we'll see if anything improves by the weekend.
44c767d0-fd9e-dc81.jpg

ksimilie

Oct 27, 2010
I have no idea how some of you are getting such amazing battery life. I'm a with this guy and his Android OS issues. I wiped my batt stats this morning, we'll see if anything improves by the weekend.
44c767d0-fd9e-dc81.jpg

12 hours is what you should be getting. There is no problem with your phone. I assume you're actually using it. If you weren't using the phone at all and it was dying than you should have an issue.

Over the weekend I barely used my phone and I reached 1.5 days twice. Monday I went to school and listened to a lot of music and used my more a bit more and i got 6-7 hours out of it.

It all depends on how much ur using ur phone.

Psychemage

Apr 3, 2008
12 hours is what you should be getting. There is no problem with your phone. I assume you're actually using it. If you weren't using the phone at all and it was dying than you should have an issue.

Over the weekend I barely used my phone and I reached 1.5 days twice. Monday I went to school and listened to a lot of music and used my more a bit more and i got 6-7 hours out of it.

It all depends on how much ur using ur phone.

I use my phone as much as any other ADD having, internet lover. I'm glad to hear what I'm getting is the expected battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Nyx

-- DemonWav -- Nushor -- Onecosmic -- PaulForde -- RaymondDull -- Trae32566 --

This ROM is based directly on the source code straight from Google themselves, the way Android is meant to be. This ROM is produced by a collaboration of many different people, with the main development being done by Onecosmic himself. We strive to bring releases as often as possible and provide a stable AOSP ROM.

We are in the midst of many changes and will try to have our source code back up as soon as possible.

We do not support anything that is not produced by us!

Team ICSSGS is now Team Nyx!

We have made lots of changes, and part of that includes moving our base from XDA to our own website. All information, as well as downloads will be on our website, but please continue your discussions and we will continue our support here on the forums. Please check out our site at http://team-nyx.com/
    loleverything works pretty much not a huge need for this here
    Ok guys here is what IS going to happen. People WILL search before posting, people WILL NOT flame others for not searching but WILL use the report button or hell send me a PM. Now these things will happen or I WILL go on a "Iron Fist" Banning spree and and send people on a vacation.

I really hope I made things clear.
    Sorry Diablo III came out, so the release date is pushed back indefinitely...I mean, what can I say? LOL Just kidding of course...kind of. ;) We are working on maybe a Friday release of RC5.
    RC5 is finally getting near it seems. But I do have AP tests to take until next Wednesday so it definitely won't be till at least a few days after that. If there is anyone that is from the US who remembers/knows about the AP tests then you know how hard they are...takes up all of your time until they are done. :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA