[Firmware][SGH-I777][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 preview | USER THREAD

Search This thread

matt_b

Apr 19, 2010
Wichita
yeah I connect to Google servers and can browse and all that. I tried even turning wifi off to see if the signals were crossed somewhere.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Codeworkx was looking for people in the I9100 to send him logcat and logcat -b radio for RIL crashes which seems to be what's causing the RILJ wake lock to go out of control, I'm not sure if he wants them for the I777 or if Entropy wants them, but you could grab them and put them on pastebin/pastie and link them here as they might be helpful.

codeworkx is the RIL expert. :)

I'm only poking around in it to try and fix SMS. Expect it to be very unreliable due to some patches getting merged but not others. Well I think it's unreliable... The person I'm SMSing is kinda flaky so it may just be them. :) All of the errors I'm seeing may not actually be causing problems.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

admrusty

Oct 22, 2010
LONG BEACH
I am diggin this release but I think u might do a fresh install when I get off work. My bat life is about 8 hrs. is that pretty much the standard? I'm clear this is just I preview, and it will only get better from here. Was just wondering:D. I also have disabled media scanned with rescan app. We shall see what happens

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I put in a fresh battery before bed last night and I'm now at 12.5hrs with 62% remaining. I haven't found the media bug, so I haven't disabled anything extra. Screen time is at 1 hr and wifi 10 hrs with poor cell reception.

Reactions: kamots

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
I am diggin this release but I think u might do a fresh install when I get off work. My bat life is about 8 hrs. is that pretty much the standard? I'm clear this is just I preview, and it will only get better from here. Was just wondering:D. I also have disabled media scanned with rescan app. We shall see what happens

yeah, that's about what I'm seeing, but I've flashed 4 different ROMs over the past 3 days, so settling in is not happening :D

Had on and off issues with media scanner and rilj wakelock as well, so who knows...

Edit: also, watching alarms in BBS, there is significantly more activity by Google location services than in the past. Used to be that Facebook.katana was by far my biggest cause of alarms, but now Google location services is right on par with it. I suspect this is due to additional location demands of Google now. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Edit 2: possibly disregard the locations thing, just noticed background update for location was enabled in latitude. Oops.

Last edited:
Reactions: admrusty

Slavestate

Sep 7, 2010
www.descentrecords.com
During that RILJ wake lock did you happen to notice that you had no or bad signal?

Actually yes I did have service when it was happening, at least when I looked at the phone and noticed the dead battery it was connected.
I was on Tapatalk at the time and even attempted to download Entropys new build (which kept failing for other reasons) so it was definitely working..

I have had one of those no service issues but that was the original build that was posted and it only happened once. I got scared I forgot to pay my bill but after a reboot it came right back hehe.

Ill keep an eye out. Since I have to work again Ill try and catch it with Terminal Emulator while Im there.

drjim

Nov 29, 2008
What error did you get?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Of course, not enough information.

The screen says

assert failed: getprop:)ro.product.device") == "i777

Then,

E:Error in /emmc/cm-10-10120727-unofficial-i777.zip
(Status 7)

Any ideas? Perhaps flashing cm9 first?

Thanks in advance.

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
^^^ yeahhh I'm definitely not getting that kind of batt life Lol. Will start fresh:)

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Actually yes I did have service when it was happening, at least when I looked at the phone and noticed the dead battery it was connected.
I was on Tapatalk at the time and even attempted to download Entropys new build (which kept failing for other reasons) so it was definitely working..

I have had one of those no service issues but that was the original build that was posted and it only happened once. I got scared I forgot to pay my bill but after a reboot it came right back hehe.

Ill keep an eye out. Since I have to work again Ill try and catch it with Terminal Emulator while Im there.

The Samsung RIL is a piece of trash #blamesamsung

I'm sure any logs you might be able to grab will be helpful in finding the problem, fixing it may be another matter.

admrusty

Oct 22, 2010
LONG BEACH
Can't say for all aosp but aokp is like that even for ics.

Maybe I misread, but I didn't see anything in the OP about wiping when upgrading between CM10 versions. I didn't wipe and didn't lose my gapps either.

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10:
- Copy CM10 ZIP to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
- Reboot

122ninjas

Jul 26, 2012
Arizona
Of course, not enough information.

The screen says

assert failed: getprop:)ro.product.device") == "i777

Then,

E:Error in /emmc/cm-10-10120727-unofficial-i777.zip
(Status 7)

Any ideas? Perhaps flashing cm9 first?

Thanks in advance.

Next time please read the whole thread I addressed this problem.

Are you sure you are using the 7/27 build? That error shouldn't be there IIRC. If not open up the zip and navigate to META-INF>com>Google>android and open updater script with a text editor and erase the line that says assert egg i777 etc

KevinChaos

May 13, 2011
Where have you been. This was an issue since ics came out... more Hal problems, I don't think it ever got fixed but if it did its going to be low on the list if things to get forward ported.

No. I never had this issue with ICS. The issue in ICS was that notifications would lower the volume of media and you'd have to manually increase it afterward. This is a new issue that I've only encountered in jelly bean. I can hear the volume increasing up to 50% but after that there's no difference. I know it's a new issue because I have to turn my car stereo all the way up to be able to hear my music, whereas before, I only had to put it halfway.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app

rk249

Jun 24, 2012
Anybody having problems charging there phone? Its become really slow for some reason. I had my phone plugged in for about 3 hours and it only charged 35% and it was really hot. I've never had this problem before, any thoughts as to why its happening.

karth500

Oct 11, 2011
Anybody having problems charging there phone? Its become really slow for some reason. I had my phone plugged in for about 3 hours and it only charged 35% and it was really hot. I've never had this problem before, any thoughts as to why its happening.

Probably the media scanner again. You are draining as fast or slightly slower than how fast you can charge. Use watchdog lite or similar to see what's consuming CPU cycles. Also turn off media scanner by downloading the rescan media root app.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: detroitredwings

wonner

Dec 19, 2010
Hayward, CA
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

I've had this problem before (on ICS) due to something running hard in the background. I've noticed my phone doesn't charge when it's hot. I would just power off and charge it powered off until it felt cool to the touch.

I think my device charges faster with JB than ICS. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but it seems to charge more rapidly with AC and with my car charger, even if I'm using it while charging.

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
Ummm not for nothing.... but is anyone else's camera missing in the 07/27 release? I just went to take a pic and Nada. Lol no camera app :what:

ricola1989

Oct 4, 2010
Amperage is higher on a car charger than a wall charger. And ac being on might affect it a little because the car has to crank a lil more juice out...

i777 JellyBean

wonner

Dec 19, 2010
Hayward, CA
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Ummm not for nothing.... but is anyone else's camera missing in the 07/27 release? I just went to take a pic and Nada. Lol no camera app :what:

Nope, I actually have 2 icons...one left over from AOKP that doesn't work and the new one from JB.

Amperage is higher on a car charger than a wall charger. And ac being on might affect it a little because the car has to crank a lil more juice out...

i777 JellyBean
Sorry, I meant AC as in the wall charger and the car charger. Both seem to charge it more quickly. Maybe it's just me though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION: THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW. MAY CONTAIN A LOT OF BUGS!
    NO SUPPORT!!!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

First time installing CyanogenMod 10 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working CWM Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy CM10 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Experimental builds:
    http://d-h.st/JaT - 7/27/2012
    http://d-h.st/aMl - 8/3/2012
    http://d-h.st/iXg - 8/13/2012
    http://d-h.st/3KE - 8/18/2012
    http://d-h.st/QbU - 8/19/2012

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Development Thread (DEVELOPERS ONLY): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796744

ygKDil.png
    GeQbTl.png

qNkWbl.png
    rK3uzl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Everything is broken until proven otherwise.
    • Known broken things include:
    • Mediascanner derps hard for many people, eating 100% CPU for 30-40 minutes on boot.
    • Missing many CM10 features
    • NFC totally untested
    • Anything broken on I9100 will be a problem on I777 too
    • Screenshots are from I9100. I'm lazy, and I777 isn't any different

You want to live on the bleeding edge, you're probably gonna get cut
    Update -
    Good news: I found out the source of the problem and built a fix this morning.
    Bad news: Severe thunderstorms yesterday afternoon knocked out my cable modem. I'm unable to upload a build or even the fix until it comes back.
    RELEASE PULLED. I just discovered from user reports in the N7000 thread that this has the capability of triggering the infamous eMMC brickbug on installation. This is far less likely on I777 since almost no one is running intramfs-repacked UCLE5, but those people could experience severe unrecoverable problems. I will reopen this thread once I reimplement that fix.

To be clear - the bug only affects initial flashing. If you are already running CM10, you are safe. If you are not already running CM10, DO NOT flash the release unless you are running a known safe kernel. Right now, I will only guarantee safety with the pulled release if you start from CM9.
    Unless something comes up Monday evening and I'm too busy to build, I'll try to get the first I777 test build out monday evening for 4.2.1.

Benefit of the wait for you guys? N7000/I9100 users are guinea pigs with ****ty builds that have all sorts of broken stuff. First I777 build will have all of the big issues resolved. :p
    4.2 test build within the next few days, depending on my availability/time.

Finally I think we've got the graphics breakthrough we need... just needs to be beat on/polished a bit.