[Q] Hard Brick LG G2 after Flashify

Search This thread

mj2k

May 14, 2014
Hey guys, i f**ked up my G2 very bad..

Why:
Its bricked since ive used Flashify wanting to flash TWRP recovery.

What:
No download mode
no Recovery Mode
no Connection to Computer (cant fix it with ADB or Ubuntu)
phone turns off after LG boot logo and boot certification verify boot secure error
no matter which keys i press it turns of after the error screen
can get into hard reset mode (vol- &power) but cant get it connected to my computer

Has anyone an idea what i could do?

(What will happen if i send it to LG ? (it was rooted))

Hope you can help me.

E// no ideas? .. push again

Last edited:

mj2k

May 14, 2014
My phone turns off again and again so I can't see it as device in Ubuntu. Maybe the battery is Empty, but it also turns off when I try to charge it.. No idea what to do

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

amcferrin90

Oct 2, 2013
CMH
Can you get to download mode? This is accomplished by powering off device. Hold volume up then press and release power button while holding volume up. If you can get to download mode you could use the return to stock method described here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

I've soft bricked several times because of bad ROMs or trying to install TWRP. Once I had all the files, flashing back goes pretty easy.

I installed TWRP while being in JB 4.2, rooting with IORoot25 and the LGFree from the play store. It seemed like I had to install it twice from LGFree but that has been the least trouble for me.

mj2k

May 14, 2014
No can't get into download mode. I'll send u the error screen, when I'm at home. Phone is constantly turning off, maybe it's just the battery, but even with the charger it is still turning off after the error screen and the LG logo

mj2k

May 14, 2014
This is the error screen. Don't know why it always turns off after this screen. uploadfromtaptalk1400682658473.jpg

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
Seems you flashed a corrupt image why its not booting is because the bootloader says unofficial code trying to write over official code i suggest using freegee or doing it manually which isnt as difficult as it looks just but first flashing back to stock while plugged into usb hold power while volume up try several times the lg g2 is very picky so is the nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: karelrappo

mj2k

May 14, 2014
Thank you for your help, but it is not working. Tried it several times but the phone still turns off after the error screen

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
Hmm its definitely not hard bricked hard brick is where it won't turn no indication of life other than an LED and it gets really hot if you don't mind can you give us a link to the recovery you downloaded

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

mj2k

May 14, 2014
Maybe a unnecessary question but was your phone connected to your PC by USB when you tried to open download mode?

tried it both ways, with and without connected phone. Also tried it on Ubuntu and Windows. Did not work..

Hmm its definitely not hard bricked hard brick is where it won't turn no indication of life other than an LED and it gets really hot if you don't mind can you give us a link to the recovery you downloaded

Tried to use flashify to flash twrp recovery and since the next reboot the error screen appears and the phone is turning off. Can get into the hard reset mode with volume- and power but it's useless.

dranoel12

Jun 4, 2013
tried it both ways, with and without connected phone. Also tried it on Ubuntu and Windows. Did not work..

Tried to use flashify to flash twrp recovery and since the next reboot the error screen appears and the phone is turning off. Can get into the hard reset mode with volume- and power but it's useless.

try this, volume down + power button > when you see LG logo release then Press again. wait for hard reset.

mj2k

May 14, 2014
I can get into hard reset, but can't reset because of the custom recovery

mj2k

May 14, 2014
Now sometimes the Red (maybe its Orange) LED is blinking when i press the power button. After a few times the Error Screen appears and it turns of again ... i think i have to send it to LG

shark_max

Feb 2, 2013
Lorraine
I have rooted Lg G2 based on ROM D80220D. Somehow I got it bricked and only showing security error after I turn it on and it stuck there. Any Idea how to fix this?

Sent from my Lenovo K900_ROW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey,

I had this f****ing error too and in fact after displaying that, your phone don't switch off. If you look closely, there is still brightness.
Plus if you plug it on a linux system it should list the devices disks.
You have to edit your partition with the original one via linux.
Someone already gave you the answer :

It took me almost 2/3hours but I was sooooo glad to find back my phone after that so it worth it.

plunplan

Oct 23, 2011
Santa Tecla

I have hardbricked mine and got no LED indicator, just plain dead. No partitions detected on Linux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems you flashed a corrupt image why its not booting is because the bootloader says unofficial code trying to write over official code i suggest using freegee or doing it manually which isnt as difficult as it looks just but first flashing back to stock while plugged into usb hold power while volume up try several times the lg g2 is very picky so is the nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk