Hard-SPL, Or How to Not Brick Your PDA Ever Again And Fix Bad Blocks!

Search This thread

ZakMcRofl

Feb 10, 2007
Has the issue where Hard-SPL would have problems with os.nb's made by Tadzio's toolchain been adressed yet? Some people get whitescreen after flashing those "improper" os.nb files.
Is it something you (Olipro) can fix/prevent in a future version or must Tadzio fix his toolchain?

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
Has the issue where Hard-SPL would have problems with os.nb's made by Tadzio's toolchain been adressed yet? Some people get whitescreen after flashing those "improper" os.nb files.
Is it something you (Olipro) can fix/prevent in a future version or must Tadzio fix his toolchain?

some people get the error due to bad NAND... others don't.

the issue lies with tadzio creating bad images at this point.

Antimus

Mar 8, 2007
Ok, got your hard SPL on my phone, just flashed MUN's ROM onto the phone, it's not working right (images dont open for some reason) so I'm going to either put mun's rom back on or try LVSW's, problem is, as soon as the flash application drops my trinity into the bootloader, it drops the connection, now why would this be happening?

Antimus

Mar 8, 2007
Well, after many attempts to get it reflashed, still nothing, it will not sync to my PC while it's in the bootloader, so I guess I'm stuck.

What's going on?

Antimus

Mar 8, 2007
fixed it now, had to run SSPL, then run the hardSPL rom updater through that.

Thought things like this werent supposed to happen?

racerx_

Mar 27, 2007
i'm kinda curious about something related to antimus' question..

i loaded hard-spl on my trinity.. but have upgraded to windows mobile 6. However, the RUU is pusshing sspl on to my trinity. So am i still getting the advantages or hard-spl?

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
the RUU is pusshing sspl on to my trinity. So am i still getting the advantages or hard-spl?

You can put device in bootloader mode manually and start update after, then u'll use HardSPL instead of SSPL. And yes, you're getting the advantages of it, because if flash process is interrupted, you'll be locked on HardSPL and be able to reflash again even if your radio is corrupted.

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
Stoopid noobie question:

cant find any instructions for the hard SPL. On the hermes instructions it only has 2 files but the trinity one has 6 files.....

which to use first? do i use them all before installing the new WM6 ROM?

Can anyone help?

thanks
Scott

***UPDATE****
OK, ran the ROMUpdateUtility.exe file..... got so far as to update the radio version but was going to change the current version back to 1.20.... nothing to do with olipro or anything...... said it was going to update my ROM image and SSPL is tranferred to your trinity.....I dont want to go back with my rom image, just update the SPL before i try and load on WM6.....

Last edited:

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
ok. now i feel really stooopid.....

after doing the above i checked my bootloader and it is now: IPL-0.50 and SPL-1.07.0000

So, i now have hardspl on my trinity?

so to now install the new rom i just double click on the new rom file?

thanks

ZakMcRofl

Feb 10, 2007
some people get the error due to bad NAND... others don't.

the issue lies with tadzio creating bad images at this point.

Apparently you found a fix for this problem, from Hermes changelog:
Code:
Hard-SPL-1.35
-addresses an issue for those with Real Bad Blocks to prevent whitescreens.

Could you please port this over to Trinity to prevent whitescreens there as well?
Thanks in advance, Zak

geek92i

Dec 31, 2006
white screen

hello

i have trinity and bad block on my htc , could someone have a fix to recover this fix ?

Benzin

Feb 4, 2007
Madrid
(Already posted in the SIM-Unlock thread) :eek: (I know it's no good posting it twice - please disregard if already read but I'm more blocked than my PDA).:(

Hi,

I have bought an Orange SPV M700 unit from Orange (France) with the best will to contribute to evaluate ROMs or whatever without risking my main unit HTC P3600.

But the first day, I've fallen into deep trouble. I've done the following steps:

- Install Olipro's Hard-SPL. (OK)
- RUN Pof's procedure without loading SSPL first (apparently the radio ROM was installed, then I ran the PDA utility and sim-unlocked and superCIDed the PDA. SIM is unlocked.

Now I have the problem. I cannot flash a new ROM. If I run Hard-SPL or SSPL the PDA screen fades off in a few seconds until the PDA looks off.
If I run a ROM update procedure (I've tried official Spanish HTC update and also official HTC WWE ones and they start looking to work but... around 13% of the process, the PDA screen fades off and dissapears. The PC utility keeps running until the end and indicates the ROM update was successful. At PDA re-start, my PDA is still running the original Orange French ROM.

Could anyone help?

Benzin

Feb 4, 2007
Madrid
I have tried to update the ROM with your ROMUpdateUtility (Olipro) and I get the following:

- When trying to update a new GSM ROM section the screen fades out and the trin looks like going off.

- When trying to update any other ROM sections everything looks like working, the Trinity remains on and the bar reaches 100% but, at re-start, ROM remains the original one. Nothing changes (splashscreen, OS, etc).

Any help would be appreciated.

Benzin

Feb 4, 2007
Madrid
Never Flash With A Mini Sd Card Inserted

Hi, I am not 100% sure that the reason of my case actually is the 4GB Mini SD TOPRAM inserted in it during the process or just a kind of 'bad contact' within my Trinity.

Anyway, I recommend you avoid having a memory card while updating ROMs.

THANKS POF FOR HIS SUPER SUPPORT, HIS TIME AND HIS PERSONAL ATTENTION.

geek92i

Dec 31, 2006
Block 0x180(384) is BAD block !!!

this is what i have after flash with mun and lsw rom ....

I can boot correctly with lsw , but mun and others rom displayed white screen , i follow somes post with same problem but don't find how to fix it with my trinity ....if someone can help .?:confused:

sorry for my poor english :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, well, since Hard-SPL has been released for Hermes, I've ported the same features over to Trinity;

Code:
    [b]CURRENT FEATURES[/b]
    -SuperCID
    -no file signing required
    -no password required to authenticate with bootloader
    -bad NAND can be recovered with "task 2a"
    -bad NAND can be recovered by flashing an OS.nb
    -SPL protected from all HTC retail SPLs being flashed by accident (to bypass, use SSPL)
    -bad NAND can again be checked for with "info 8"
    -version displays 1.20.Olipro

Download below, enjoy!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!