[Q] Will it be enough?

Search This thread

Xavali7

Apr 10, 2011
Hi XDA!

I'm thinking of buying myself a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Wi-Fi only), and I wanted to ask you if it will be enough to cover my needs. The thing is, I don't know how the Intel Atom performs, and I thought that maybe the tablet would be laggy, so if you have some real-world experience with it, could you please help me?

Mostly, what I will do with it is:
- Viewing PDFs
- Viewing and editing office douments
- Video playback (maybe using an HDMI adapter on the micro-USB port, I think this tablet supports MHL)
- Lightweight Android games (Cut the rope, Where's my water, and the like, not Shadowgun nor heavy games)

Since the ROM scene for this tablet is pretty scarce, I thought of only rooting and removing bloatware. Maybe using Xposed? Opinions on that?

Thank you! ;)

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com
I got the tablet for very much the same reasons you mentioned. It works great for those needs. I had put MS Office on my S4 and thought it would work on the tablet, it does not. However, I use quick office on the tablet and then just verify formatting on my laptop later.

It will do all those things you mentioned out of the box. If you are looking to debloat and get flash support then I suggest checking out the Pimpdroid rom in the 10.1 development forum. It is easy to flash. Also has Xposed pre installed.

I have not used an adapter to do video playback but have synced it with Samsung link for video playback and surround sound music with my other samsung devices. It works well.

I would say get it. If you want to check out Pimpdroid do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rjwboys

Dec 30, 2013
I got the tablet for very much the same reasons you mentioned. It works great for those needs. I had put MS Office on my S4 and thought it would work on the tablet, it does not. However, I use quick office on the tablet and then just verify formatting on my laptop later.

It will do all those things you mentioned out of the box. If you are looking to debloat and get flash support then I suggest checking out the Pimpdroid rom in the 10.1 development forum. It is easy to flash. Also has Xposed pre installed.

I have not used an adapter to do video playback but have synced it with Samsung link for video playback and surround sound music with my other samsung devices. It works well.

I would say get it. If you want to check out Pimpdroid do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i got the android version of open office on my tab... it works great