FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Voice - voicemail still goes through T-Mobile?

2,196 posts
Thanks Meter: 158

By lanwarrior, Senior Member on 9th April 2014, 05:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have 4.3, stock but rooted. No KNOX trip.

I used Google Voice (GVoice) for a long time prior to Note 3. Voicemails to my Gvoice number will go to Gvoice, not T-Mobile or AT&T (previous carrier). Voicemails to my phine number will go to the carrier's.

With the Note 3, Voicemails for my GVoice goes to. .. the carrier's?

1. Someone call my GVoice number and left a message

2. GVoice indicate there's a Voicemail.

3. T-Mobile ALSO indicate there is a Voicemail - icon on notification bar.

I can even press and holds "1" in the keypad and dial to T-Mobile voicemail systemand listen to the message.

I already setup GVoice as shown in screen shot.

Help?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397061578275.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2677099

9th April 2014, 10:17 PM |#2  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwarrior

I have 4.3, stock but rooted. No KNOX trip.

I used Google Voice (GVoice) for a long time prior to Note 3. Voicemails to my Gvoice number will go to Gvoice, not T-Mobile or AT&T (previous carrier). Voicemails to my phine number will go to the carrier's.

With the Note 3, Voicemails for my GVoice goes to. .. the carrier's?

1. Someone call my GVoice number and left a message

2. GVoice indicate there's a Voicemail.

3. T-Mobile ALSO indicate there is a Voicemail - icon on notification bar.

I can even press and holds "1" in the keypad and dial to T-Mobile voicemail systemand listen to the message.

I already setup GVoice as shown in screen shot.

Help?

Attachment 2677099

I had issues with voice as well, except that I wasn't getting any calls, on either number, only voicemails. Got that straightened out thru tech support, and then had same issue as you. There is no working solution, except to have T-Mobile's voicemail handle both. From what I have been reading, voice is going to be integrated with Hangouts, and your voice number will be for VOIP. Google will more than likely launch it's own service, using Sprint and Verizon's network, and their fiber network, giving them nearly nationwide coverage. If you own your voice number, at some point you are more than likely going to have to choose one or the other, unless you want to pay for 2 lines, or have voice number only for VOIP calls. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way it is, unless you are on sprint, and my guess that wont last much longer......
9th April 2014, 11:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongarritas

I had issues with voice as well, except that I wasn't getting any calls, on either number, only voicemails. Got that straightened out thru tech support, and then had same issue as you. There is no working solution, except to have T-Mobile's voicemail handle both. From what I have been reading, voice is going to be integrated with Hangouts, and your voice number will be for VOIP. Google will more than likely launch it's own service, using Sprint and Verizon's network, and their fiber network, giving them nearly nationwide coverage. If you own your voice number, at some point you are more than likely going to have to choose one or the other, unless you want to pay for 2 lines, or have voice number only for VOIP calls. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way it is, unless you are on sprint, and my guess that wont last much longer......

Thanks for the information!

Interestingly, I never had this issue when I had AT&T and I just moved to T-Mobile about 3 months ago. I am wondering if T-Mobile have made changes on their side that interfere with Google Voice. I'll dig deeper...
The Following User Says Thank You to lanwarrior For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lanwarrior Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 11:40 PM |#4  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwarrior

Thanks for the information!

Interestingly, I never had this issue when I had AT&T and I just moved to T-Mobile about 3 months ago. I am wondering if T-Mobile have made changes on their side that interfere with Google Voice. I'll dig deeper...

Yeah...I came from Sprint about 6 weeks ago, and had seamless integration for 3 years. Had to move to T-Mo because of the whole Spark and vision "upgrades" made getting calls and data almost impossible, and just had to start using voice number to make all calls, and message on other number to please call voice number. in 6 months or so, I will just lose the other number, and port the voice number as my only line. It's a shame, as I really liked having 2 numbers for my phone...it was like having different email accounts for different people/businesses.
10th April 2014, 06:13 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
For GV to work you must have forwarding to GV set up on tmobile for unanswered calls.
You can't do it on prepaid plans. My solution to it was to call tmobile and completely disable their voicemail. Then eventualy GV voicemail will pick up calls that are not answered.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)