Kaiser FAQ WIKI Discussion thread - Help needed!

Search This thread

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
Guys/Gals I need some help. I have seen an abundance of questions lately that I know for a fact are in the FAQ wiki. However, over half are not in Q&A format and are quite hard to follow/understand.

I have converted the Flashing section to Q&A format but I need help doing the rest. I work anywhere from 40-60 hrs a week and I really don't have the time to do the entire WIKI by myself. I am not asking for sympathy on my work week or any of that. That's life. Grin and deal with it.:D What I am asking is that If people would just modify 1 or 2 of the links in to Q&A format, it would not take nearly as long.

I am just trying to help and bring down the number of redundant questions. All of the info on how to edit the WIKI are there when you click edit. It's really simple to edit. Just a lot still to do.

Thanks everyone.:)

Here is the link to the FAQ Wiki.

Last edited by a moderator:

KD8DNS

Jan 30, 2008
On a cell tower
In my opinion, Newbs that ask questions obviously dont take the time to read wiki or search, its much easier to ask a question and say "i searched" than it is to actually search. I have a idea for the newbs if it is a redundant post just ignore it. Like someone told me once "its like comming over to someones house uninvited and not taking your muddy shoes off" its flat out rude.

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
In my opinion, Newbs that ask questions obviously dont take the time to read wiki or search, its much easier to ask a question and say "i searched" than it is to actually search. I have a idea for the newbs if it is a redundant post just ignore it. Like someone told me once "its like comming over to someones house uninvited and not taking your muddy shoes off" its flat out rude.

I appreciate your sentiment but if it was in Q&A format, the redundant questions might slim down. They will never be obliterated but they might be curbed to a minimal. However, I do agree with you that it is easier to ask and say you searched even though we all know they don't. I was just thinking that it might help slim them down somewhat.

KD8DNS

Jan 30, 2008
On a cell tower
I appreciate your sentiment but if it was in Q&A format, the redundant questions might slim down. They will never be obliterated but they might be curbed to a minimal. However, I do agree with you that it is easier to ask and say you searched even though we all know they don't. I was just thinking that it might help slim them down somewhat.

BEEEELIEEEVEEEE me im not siding with the nooobs at all!!!!!

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
BEEEELIEEEVEEEE me im not siding with the nooobs at all!!!!!

No, I understand what you are saying. Trust me I do. Since I created this thread asking for help there has been no less than 6 redundant threads created. So trust me, I understand completely. Guess I'll get back to work editing it. Seems as though it can't be done fast enough.

1. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=387350
2. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=387336
3. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=387349
4. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=387312
5. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=387339
6. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=387344

Within 2 hrs. it will be on the second page and then it's "out of sight, out of mind".

Last edited:

XtreMe_G

Jan 11, 2007
ok, done with the other section......that took a lot longer than i expected. i had to edit some of the links, cause they werent right. no disrespect to gwen though, she did an awesome job.

i also noticed that there's nothing in there on sim-unlocking, if no one adds it i will add it later, need a break from this wiki

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
ok, done with the other section......that took a lot longer than i expected. i had to edit some of the links, cause they werent right. no disrespect to gwen though, she did an awesome job.

i also noticed that there's nothing in there on sim-unlocking, if no one adds it i will add it later, need a break from this wiki

Nice job man. That WIKI list is getting long and distinguished.

XtreMe_G

Jan 11, 2007
ok, i added the sim unlocking to the "other" section, dont know where else to put it.

although all the questions have been converted to Q&A form, you can still help, there is a todo list at the top of the FAQ, so please feel free to help with that. if you're afraid that you will mess up in editing the wiki, then just post you suggestions here.

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Anyone know how Flar is getting on with the MediaWiki upgrade?

It would make the Wiki much more user friendly place to be.

I help out on GuildWiki (yes I'm a gamer :eek:) and know my way around the WikiCode and system, so I'm willing to chip in where I can.

Dave

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
All I can say is THANK YOU. I really didnt expect this much response. To be honest, I expected to get flamed for even asking for help. Thank you guys. I really appreciate it.

I'm in awe at the amount of help. WOW.:)

Last edited:

_Alex_

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 21, 2005
San Jose, CA
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate all of you on the great job you've all done on the FAQ. Keep up the great work!

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
I was perusing over the Kaiser FAQ Wiki and I was wondering if we should break out each section as a separate page that. And we could have links from the main FAQ page to the Kaiser FAQ Flashing page, And The Kaiser FAQ Configuration, etc. That would make it less lengthy and maybe easier to navigate. I'm wondering if people are being over whelmed.

What do you guys think? I don't want newbies to say I couldn't find the question on the main page, becasue its on a separate page. However, I don't want them to say they couldn't find it because there are a ton of FAQs.

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was perusing over the Kaiser FAQ Wiki and I was wondering if we should break out each section as a separate page that. And we could have links from the main FAQ page to the Kaiser FAQ Flashing page, And The Kaiser FAQ Configuration, etc. That would make it less lengthy and maybe easier to navigate. I'm wondering if people are being over whelmed.

What do you guys think? I don't want newbies to say I couldn't find the question on the main page, becasue its on a separate page. However, I don't want them to say they couldn't find it because there are a ton of FAQs.