Which Gingerbread ROM is the best?

Search This thread

Benzema9

Nov 7, 2010
The title pretty much says it all. Which of the available Gingerbread ROM's is the best?

Or should I go back to Froyo and wait till Samsung releases the stable version of Gingerbread?

Auzy

Nov 18, 2010
I'd personally just use a late froyo for now. Gingerbread for me hasn't had any real advantages honestly (and my phone kept crashing at the beginning when using navigation, but stopped now, and it crashed once when enabling wifi).

rschenck

Feb 8, 2011
I am also staying with 2.2.1 until sources and a final version of 2.3.3 are released so that the geniuses here can do proper lag fixing and strap on the bells and whistles we have come to expect.

However, if you are into running the bleeding edge and don't mind a little less speed and few bugs or feature gaps compared with 2.2.1 roms, I would imagine all the Gingerbread ROMS are about the same with a few advantages and disadvantages to each. I know Simone101 does good work so you could maybe try his Simply Ginger ROM or take the stock rom from Doc's Kitchen for a spin.

themate1987

Jun 8, 2010
Rijeka
I was using stock JV1, stock JVK, ultibread, darkys 2.3.3 RC3. I am very satisfied with gingerbread especially with browser speed

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

slowfax

Dec 17, 2010
The title pretty much says it all. Which of the available Gingerbread ROM's is the best?

I have tried several of them. They have all advantages and disadvantages. Personally I prefer Darkyys ROM, but I cannot tell you an "objective" reason.

Or should I go back to Froyo and wait till Samsung releases the stable version of Gingerbread?

I have gone back to Froyo Stock (JS8) and will wait for an official Gingerbread (or a custom ROM based on official sources.)

P.S.: At least for today :)

Benzema9

Nov 7, 2010
Ok I am on Ultimates v8.2 atm. I might change to Simple Galaxy Gingerbread RC 2. I was on RC1 and it was laggy and had a lot of mistakes.

So I am probably staying til lthey release the official Gingerbred ROM

yken

Dec 24, 2006
Stock GB had a battery problem so i flashed honey GB but i did not like it.
Then i flashed Tiramisu EVO EXTRA 3.1. İt was fine. But when i saw CriskeloRom_GINGERBREAD_v25 is ready i flashed this rom. İt has everything i have.

badasschris

Nov 14, 2008
I found the latest darkys to be very quick and smooth. no 2.3 has bln so if you want that you will have to wait. I also had terrible battery on darkys 2.3 rom but others using the same rom have said they get improved battery so I would give it a try and see how it is for you.

Bejda

Feb 12, 2011
Hi Karim!
Install the stock jvk and after that a deodexed stock rom from Ramad along with Chainfire work you'll be happy...but!...it depends on your needs...would you want to take a little advance by looking into system(little differences in it),or maybe begin to create a custom with the deodexed rom base and it worth it.
If that's not the case,you can wait,nothing hurries.

MrGreencastle

Oct 25, 2010
Alberta
I found the latest darkys to be very quick and smooth. no 2.3 has bln so if you want that you will have to wait. I also had terrible battery on darkys 2.3 rom but others using the same rom have said they get improved battery so I would give it a try and see how it is for you.

I'm running MIUI RC3c and it has the BLN built in. Works fine here, and the base is 2.3.3.