By O.a.T., Senior Member on 21st March 2012, 02:43 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
1st May 2012, 11:10 AM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_padia

ok thanks.

p.s. would you consider adding webcm9? It really is a more useful way of showing recent apps and I dont think it adds any bloat to the ROM.

+1.

Sent from my UPC300-2.2 using Tapatalk 2

1st May 2012, 01:09 PM |#352  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EViollet

Hu?

I added the LiveWallpapers.apk and LiveWallpapersPicker.apk from the latest CyanogenMod9 and live wallpaper seems to be working fine. What issues should I expect?

Envoyé depuis mon cm_tenderloin avec Tapatalk

see this is what I was thinking. I remember seeing these apps in other ROMs and I was wondering whether just installing them would give me that functionality. I guess the answer is yes. thanks!
1st May 2012, 04:13 PM |#353  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Just curious, does cornerstone allow you to run multiple games at once?
1st May 2012, 04:34 PM |#354  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzhikai1994

Just curious, does cornerstone allow you to run multiple games at once?

My experience has been that Cornerstone gives an error saying that the games cannot scale to fit the smaller screens. They have to run on the bigger screen.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to viskon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift viskon Ad-Free
1st May 2012, 05:02 PM |#355  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Fast and Smooth
It's everything I wanted from my Touchpad.

Is there any Kernel that works with this rom and can overclock?
1st May 2012, 05:10 PM |#356  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viskon

My experience has been that Cornerstone gives an error saying that the games cannot scale to fit the smaller screens. They have to run on the bigger screen.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

I just tried. Was able to play Fruit ninja, BTD 4, Battleheart together with no error. However, the size of the smaller windows are not the size of smaller screens on phones, thus you cannot see the two sides of the game.. Amazing it doesn't lag.
The Following User Says Thank You to lzhikai1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lzhikai1994 Ad-Free
1st May 2012, 08:12 PM |#357  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,920

More
Quote:

ok thanks.

p.s. would you consider adding webcm9? It really is a more useful way of showing recent apps and I dont think it adds any bloat to the ROM.

p.p.s. oh and while im making requests would you consider also adding the quick apps from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1525148. Im not sure what this would involve and I appreciate that you want to keep the ROM light and simple but it seems like it would be a very useful addition if it could be implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viskon

+1.

Sent from my UPC300-2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Try as I might, I can not see any different functionality that webcm9 adds over the normal cm9 app switcher. All I see is visual presentation changes. Unless someone can really describe the functional differences it's doubtful I will be including that in LnT anytime soon.

From the video, Quick apps seems to provide a dock-like capability through all apps running, beyond the launcher. This provides easier access to initiating apps, although once started accessing them through the app switcher is almost as easy. This seems to be very early in development (v0.3), but I will look further into it.
1st May 2012, 10:23 PM |#358  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by story

Fast and Smooth
It's everything I wanted from my Touchpad.

Is there any Kernel that works with this rom and can overclock?

You can overclock the standard CM9 kernel with say, No-frills.
1st May 2012, 10:41 PM |#359  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T.

Unless someone can really describe the functional differences it's doubtful I will be including that in LnT anytime soon.

I agree that WebCM does not provide any additonal functionality. But having used WebOS quite a bit, I find WebCM more intuitive than the default ICS set-up.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2012, 01:15 AM |#360  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T.

Try as I might, I can not see any different functionality that webcm9 adds over the normal cm9 app switcher. All I see is visual presentation changes. Unless someone can really describe the functional differences it's doubtful I will be including that in LnT anytime soon.

From the video, Quick apps seems to provide a dock-like capability through all apps running, beyond the launcher. This provides easier access to initiating apps, although once started accessing them through the app switcher is almost as easy. This seems to be very early in development (v0.3), but I will look further into it.

yes youre right about the first point, I guess there isnt really any added functionality apart from the screenshots being larger and thus making it easier to see content. In terms of actual use not much different to standard app switcher. It does make it feel a bit more like WebOS which is a good thing though!

With regards to the quick apps, the dock is not based on running apps I dont think. I think you can add whichever apps you like to the dock. The advantage of this over standard app switching is that you know exactly which apps are there. I can forget which apps are running if I dont use the TP for a while. Anyhow, its not major would just be a nice addition. I understand if you dont want to add because of its early stage. Thanks for considering though
2nd May 2012, 01:32 AM |#361  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

With regards to the quick apps, the dock is not based on running apps I dont think. I think you can add whichever apps you like to the dock. The advantage of this over standard app switching is that you know exactly which apps are there. I can forget which apps are running if I dont use the TP for a while. Anyhow, its not major would just be a nice addition. I understand if you dont want to add because of its early stage. Thanks for considering though

Words are hard! What I had tried to say is that the "Quick Apps dock" is available on every app running, not just the launcher. I'm still not sure that is coming out right. Anyway, I think we are saying the same thing. It is a nice capability that I will try to pursue.
The Following User Says Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O.a.T. Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread