837 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,920

By O.a.T., Senior Member on 21st March 2012, 02:43 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd July 2012, 09:34 PM |#751  
Flag Derbyshire
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Please excuse the double post - I try not to do this, however, I feel this needs a seperate

If this has been covered before then please proceed to shoot me, however, I'm wondering if its possible to have USB storage like it is on the Nexus S? As in, mass storage like the old days? If not, just have to mess about with mounting it in linux

Help appreciated

2nd July 2012, 09:59 PM |#752  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyface

Please excuse the double post - I try not to do this, however, I feel this needs a seperate

If this has been covered before then please proceed to shoot me, however, I'm wondering if its possible to have USB storage like it is on the Nexus S? As in, mass storage like the old days? If not, just have to mess about with mounting it in linux

Help appreciated

I've seen this work. Check the following out for example.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21871-rom...05#entry773405
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O.a.T. Ad-Free
3rd July 2012, 10:52 AM |#753  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
New audiolib http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...1207021636.zip
3rd July 2012, 03:38 PM |#754  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Device ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T.

Sorry, missed this in the frenzy of the last few days. I guess all I can say is this is the first I've heard in terms of compatibility issues with the market. I and my family and friends haven't had any issues downloading from there with the default device ID. Can you provide some specific examples where the SGH-T989 device gets you something that the default device id doesn't? And is the reverse true, i.e., does anyone know of a case where the T989 device id won't get an app that the default device id will?

Specifically, many gameloft games do not work at all with the default ID. I have noticed no problems with the market when using the t989 ID.
4th July 2012, 12:24 AM |#755  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi there, any news on the cornerstone build?
4th July 2012, 02:04 AM |#756  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkr

Hi there, any news on the cornerstone build?

I've decided to abandon it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O.a.T. Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 02:19 AM |#757  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T.

I've decided to abandon it.

Sorry but I thought it took away from the tablet experience. What we need is a better multitasking technique. With a sleek app switcher, the real estate cornerstone took up wouldn't be necessary at all.

This latest rom is flat out the best yet. My TP's fly. I use BatteryXL to monitor connectivity, etc. and I'm getting at least 48 hours before needing to charge. With not constant use, but pretty regular. Have NO Wi-Fi connectivity issues whatsoever. Knock on wood...
The Following User Says Thank You to trouinky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trouinky Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 04:42 AM |#758  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouinky

Sorry but I thought it took away from the tablet experience. What we need is a better multitasking technique. With a sleek app switcher, the real estate cornerstone took up wouldn't be necessary at all.

This latest rom is flat out the best yet. My TP's fly. I use BatteryXL to monitor connectivity, etc. and I'm getting at least 48 hours before needing to charge. With not constant use, but pretty regular. Have NO Wi-Fi connectivity issues whatsoever. Knock on wood...

I agree. I'm using OverSkreen; the way a window should work IMHO!
4th July 2012, 04:44 AM |#759  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

The way webOS handles cards is ideal, in my opinion.
I wish it would get ported.
4th July 2012, 04:50 AM |#760  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD

The way webOS handles cards is ideal, in my opinion.
I wish it would get ported.

It did, to some extent, but looks like it got abandoned by the dev. 'Fraid I only saw it as a horizontal task switcher.

Edit: Cancel the above remark about the dev abandoning it. Just saw a 06/29 release over at rootzwiki for those interested in it.
4th July 2012, 04:54 AM |#761  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I beg to differ. The entire point to having a tablet is to make use of the bigger screen size, but what's the point if there aren't any apps that make use of the real estate. The cornerstone experience is much preferred to having to switch back and forth between apps constantly. Being able to access a calculator and do a quick search in chrome while using skitch to take notes in class has been a great boon to my productivity. True multitasking has been missing from every tablet incarnation, including the iPad. Gestures and sleek app switchers are a weak patch for an inherent flaw.

O.a.T., how could I learn to implement it myself? I don't know much about custom ROM's but Id love to try adding it to the already great build you have given to the community.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread