[RECOVERY][One X] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
confirmed no charging in recovery....
this would be due to no usb. if usb isnt detected connected then it wont start charge mode. this is the case for all recoveries until htc fixes or someone hax the bootloader or radio. it work in offmode though so no worries. u can at least see the battery level in twrp so u should be able to make choices based off that (flash or not to).

cheers

xfullmetal17

Jan 31, 2011
I think a copy/paste is needed over on the HTC Facebook page. And as for no USB charging in recovery, OG Evo didn't have that (or if it did the light didn't come on), yet it could mount USB MS somehow.

predator21

Jan 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
this would be due to no usb. if usb isnt detected connected then it wont start charge mode. this is the case for all recoveries until htc fixes or someone hax the bootloader or radio. it work in offmode though so no worries. u can at least see the battery level in twrp so u should be able to make choices based off that (flash or not to).

cheers
thnx for the reply but in cwm recovery its fixed and charging..... otherwise its cool looking recovery...plz teamwin fix this tiny issue....

Rakeesh_j

Jan 13, 2010

I was actually about to ditch sprint and buy the HTC One, but because of their lockdown policy I will never again buy another HTC phone (and the only smartphones I've ever owned have been HTC.) I think it's just stupid having to find exploits in order to use a device you own and paid for as you see fit.

Last edited:

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
What functionality limitations do HTC's policies prevent? For example can you flash some ROMs but not others, or can you flash ROMs but only ones based on the stock kernel? etc. Interested in knowing because I need to decide if HTC is even on my short list at all for my next device.

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
What functionality limitations do HTC's policies prevent? For example can you flash some ROMs but not others, or can you flash ROMs but only ones based on the stock kernel? etc. Interested in knowing because I need to decide if HTC is even on my short list at all for my next device.

With HTCDev unlock you cannot flash a boot.img through recovery (however you can via fastboot). It also seems on the OneX that USB operations seem to be locked away from recovery, so can't file transfer etc either.

It's early days, so it's hard to say whether these are permanent issues or not. Best to re-evaluate when actually buying as things can change. If we get S-OFF and fix the usb+recovery issue then it's pretty much open slather ;)

M.

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
With HTCDev unlock you cannot flash a boot.img through recovery (however you can via fastboot). It also seems on the OneX that USB operations seem to be locked away from recovery, so can't file transfer etc either.

It's early days, so it's hard to say whether these are permanent issues or not. Best to re-evaluate when actually buying as things can change. If we get S-OFF and fix the usb+recovery issue then it's pretty much open slather ;)

M.

Am I incorrect or are those not deal-breaker issues? You could just use fastboot for flashing boot images (not sure what that involves) and just transfer any files you want to flash before booting into recovery.

geenyous

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 20, 2007
Shanghai
Am I incorrect or are those not deal-breaker issues? You could just use fastboot for flashing boot images (not sure what that involves) and just transfer any files you want to flash before booting into recovery.
This just about sums up what all of us with custom ROMs out there are doing atm... ;)

Is rebooting into recovery more stable than with CWM or is this a hboot/bootloader issue?

@toastcfh : Slamming htc and htcdev on twitter. Will garner as much support as i can. Hope they wake up and listen. Sometimes I wonder - do they actually want to sell their phones or not??:confused:

Was a very loyal HTC customer, have persuaded at least 25 differnt people to buy HTC handsets. No more - just because you make good devices doesn't mean you muck around with crappy policies, and still get away with it. For once, I've decided to dump HTC and go for the SGS3, whatever it turns out to be. I can live with vanilla ICS - something that was an issue on GB with me. HTC Sense is the one thing they had going for them and they let it get to their heads, but thanks to the UI designers at Google, that is slowly being taken out of the equation. The only way HTC is going to notice is when their sales guys get a hard one on their rears - the only way to do that is to stop buying from them till they man up and accept their mistakes, do away with the security policy crap and come clean with the promises they make. HTC is learning from the wrong corporations - Misrosoft ring a bell?

Sorry for the rant - just wanted to get it off my chest after reading all that you wrote. Hope they pull their heads out of their assess and listen to the screams. Doesn't take too much to take out a company if the customers go rogue. they still haven't learnt anything from their losses in the last financial year, or from Samsung's runaway success...

Peace. :)

Genjinaro

Jan 16, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Can someone make up a defualt message for all of us to email HTC with?

Specifically one that lines up the issues with HTC's unlock, counters the B.S. we expect in a response back & maybe a Samsung example or 2 on being developer friendly with their devices.

If I had enough free time + full knowledge, I'd do it myself.

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED
Can someone make up a defualt message for all of us to email HTC with?

Specifically one that lines up the issues with HTC's unlock, counters the B.S. we expect in a response back & maybe a Samsung example or 2 on being developer friendly with their devices.

If I had enough free time + full knowledge, I'd do it myself.

Not just Samsung mate Sony Developers helped CM Team in building the custom ROM. It's just HTC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
    -Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    -Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    -Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    -A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    -Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    -Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    -Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    -Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    -Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    -Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    -Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    -Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
    -Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    -Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    -Updated exFAT to latest commits
    -Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    -Update SuperSU binary
    -Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    -Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    -Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    -Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    -Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    -Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Why htc unlock is so fail

Nobody has answered the question yet!! Does USB mounting work?!?!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    no, USB mount does not work in recovery. It appears to be locked out in recovery mode. the workarounds to get it working are one of two things.

(1) fastboot boot awesomeRecovery.img (this works because fastboot then boots recovery on the boot/temporary partition. So the you're not actually in recovery mode
    (2) Offmode (this works because again you're again not technically in recovery mode. It uses the recovery ramdisk, kernel, and binaries but its still not technically recovery.

On that note I've seen suggestions that it's possibly a recovery issue with cwm and twrp. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be the case. If it were then in CWM u wouldn't have usb when u fastboot boot the recovery or in offmode (fair assumption since both these options use the same kernel, ramdisk and binaries as recovery?). Can it be fix? Not that i know of. It looks to me like a total radio or bootloader lockout from using USB in recovery. Which means on a radio or bootloader level USB is disabled in recovery mode.

edit: USB issue could be kernel related and just need for a modified kernel to be compiles for recovery. BUT we don't have kernel source because HTC isn't winnering by releasing it on time.

Code:
    //TODO: ADD ABOVE KERNEL SOURCE RELEASE FAIL TO THE MOUNTING ISSUES BELOW

On that note I think we should raise the point to HTC that this locking down of the device does not suite our needs.Key points of fail would be as follows.

(1) Can NOT flash the boot partition from recovery. I've personally contacted HTC on this numerous times and they seem to just not care. Responding with "It's a security issue" and so forth. I would love to know how this is a security issue of any sort. Every other Android device has this ability except HTC devices since they started the HTC unlock ordeal. It's utter fail IMHO and HTC should listen to our needs .

(2) Can NOT flash recovery or boot partitions from system. This issue is NOT a deal breaker and isn't so bad when it comes down to the nitty gritty. But since the issue above exists, flashing with applications like htc dumlock and such were our only options. These work around apps cant be used to flash now because of the lockpout from system and it wouldn't be such an issue if HTC didnt lock us out in recovery from flashing boot.

(3) Can NOT flash P*IMG.zips in hboot/bootloader anymore. For the unlocked device running a custom firmware this is a must. Specially when radio updates and such are needed from the OEM. We seen a big use of this on the Sensation when HTC updated the device from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich. The update required new hboots, radios, and partitioning to actually use. So in that instead of having to flash a RUU Which didn't exist the only choice was to flash a custom P*IMG.zip that included all the radios and images need to run the builds. At this point we can't update those image/partitions without flashing an RUU. This makes no since and doesn't seem to do anything but make things more difficult on the unlocker to customize and modify their device.

(4) If all the conditions above HAVE to exist. Then why not give us documentation or utilities to flash fimware.zips from recovery like HTC does? When HTC was the proud Nexus device there was full support and documentation available on how to flash firmware on their devices. This made anyone choosing an HTC device blessed with knowing that their device was not only open and unlocked, but when flashing firmware that it was being flashed correctly to Google and HTC's standards. This code has now been moved out of recovery since right before the move to edify scripting and moved to vendor/htc/ (not arguing this choice as thats where it belongs from a maintaining point of view). But the problem is that vendor/htc is proprietary now. Which means Documentation and support for flashing firmware correctly is not available and left to developers of recoveries for the community to figure out. One would think if HTC was standing behind us that they would step up and give us a PROPER/OPEN/REAL unlock, or if they cant for the lame excuse of security concerns, then give us the documentation and utilities to flash the boot and firmware partitions properly. I mean really... what is there to lose there?

(5) WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HTC UNLOCK? It was to reach out and accept us as a community. It was to keep us from having to exploit their firmware and look for holes to gain control of a device we rightfully own. WHAT DID HTC UNLOCK DO? It unlocked the devices at first and with each new revision of the unlock it gets more locked down and harder for us to use it as intended. WHAT DOES THAT LEAD TO? It leads to us hoping someone will take the time out of their life and exploit HTC's firmware so we can have access and control of our devices. I mean, it's bad when u have people poking a device with a paperclip to get a device unlocked to avoid a official unlock.

Bottom line; I'm personally fed up with HTC's unlock. It's absolute crap! It does not serve the purpose it was intended and only makes things harder then they were before. As a devoted HTC customer it has me questioning if my next device will be an HTC. With all the other options that would allow me to spend less time trying to gain proper access to my device and more time actually having fun with it, why choose HTC? Everyone else is shying away for these same issues. Everyone with an HTC unlocked device waits for someone to exploit HTC's firmware and give them a proper unlock. Why not just choose a device without the locked down/unlock instead? IDK but HTC needs to step up and listen to us. Every HTC forum with an HTC Unlock is screaming for these issues to be fixed.

My call to HTC is to fix these issue and/or give us proper documentation on flashing firmware to our devices via custom recoveries. The boot flashing lockout is dumb, pointless, and in NO WAY a security threat AT ALL and is nothing more then a CRAP RESPONSE to something that they sould be working to correct, instead of ignoring. In the end its hurting HTC's relations with developers and is ultimately doing the opposite of what it's original intent.

HTC, PLEASE READ AND LISTEN!!!11ONEone

To everyone else, SPREAD THE WORD!!!ONEone
    This is the future of HTC unlock and each new device it gets worse. Maybe HTC will listen and address these issues, then again maybe we will just need to find another OEM that supports us and does listen.
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.2.0 touch recovery [2013-02-25]
    Rapacked version

Before someone start the "not working touch screen" topic again I will give you a repacked version of TWRP 2.6.3.0 with lyapota's kernel #007 based on HTC stock kernel 4.18.401.2 with UMS support.
    Enjoy!