[ROM][Player4][US/Intl] CM10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 w/ 3.0 kernel for the Galaxy Player 4

Search This thread

theraf

Feb 2, 2012
i know this isn't majorly important, but aroma file manager doesn't work in recovery (i'm guessing you removed the touchscreen drivers for recovery in the kernel), could you possibly fix this in the next release?

-sandro-

May 6, 2011
Pescara, Italy
vimeo.com
Hi sorry for the delay, I experience BSOD + high temp + complete drain of battery every single time I leave the device in standby, since this problem is really easy to catch for me what kind of log do you need to understand the problem? A logcat enough?

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
i know this isn't majorly important, but aroma file manager doesn't work in recovery (i'm guessing you removed the touchscreen drivers for recovery in the kernel), could you possibly fix this in the next release?

If aroma file manager let's you edit build.prop then this would be a nice feature.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
Hi sorry for the delay, I experience BSOD + high temp + complete drain of battery every single time I leave the device in standby, since this problem is really easy to catch for me what kind of log do you need to understand the problem? A logcat enough?

If you can still access the device thru adb while it's locked up, then a logcat & dmesg might be helpful. If you are forced to reboot, then try to get a last_kmsg.

trainman261

Feb 6, 2012
Hey guys with CM10.1/PAC/PA ported into our devices, I was wondering which other rom you would like to be ported over our aging YP-G1? I had some choices here, if you want to suggest, it's open to all

To be perfectly honest, I would rather have all the bugs ironed out (like the speaker issue and the front camera - I don't mind that video recording is limited to 800x600 that much because that's not even possible in GB - although it would be nice to have 720p, plus I think our default cameras didn't feature HDR, either, correct me if I'm wrong). I'd much rather use a virtually bug-free CM10.1 than a different rom with these issues. Thanks for all the good work anyway!

Last edited:
Reactions: Andr01dye

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012
To be perfectly honest, I would rather have all the bugs ironed out (like the speaker issue and the front camera - I don't mind that video recording is limited to 800x600 that much because that's not even possible in GB - although it would be nice to have 720p, plus I think our default cameras didn't feature HDR, either, correct me if I'm wrong). I'd much rather use a virtually bug-free CM10.1 than a different rom with these issues. Thanks for all the good work anyway!

+1, more interested in a bug free then a bunch of ports, CM gives me all the options I care about.

Reactions: Andr01dye

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
+1, more interested in a bug free then a bunch of ports, CM gives me all the options I care about.

I would also rather have a bug Fred cm ROM rather than a bunch of ports. My 10.1 inch tablet mod works best on a cm ROM.

Cm also has all that I need.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

-sandro-

May 6, 2011
Pescara, Italy
vimeo.com
If you can still access the device thru adb while it's locked up, then a logcat & dmesg might be helpful. If you are forced to reboot, then try to get a last_kmsg.

Thank you but since it was happening at an impossible rate and for some reason some apps were crashing after seconds of usage I decided to wipe system and data and start from zero. Now it doesn't happen anymore. All good:rolleyes:

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012
does mass storage/mtp work for you? I cannot access any storage from my computer. Not even in recovery with USB mount

For me this was the first ROM (of all the CM9, CM10 & CM10.1 ROM's) where Mass Storage worked right off the bat, all the others I had to go in and pick which type for the connection to enable it, check is see if you need to set it on one like before.

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
For me this was the first ROM (of all the CM9, CM10 & CM10.1 ROM's) where Mass Storage worked right off the bat, all the others I had to go in and pick which type for the connection to enable it, check is see if you need to set it on one like before.

Yeah sorry about that, we had to enable an option which would enable it without touching anything. :p

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 7 avec Tapatalk

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012
Well I've been doing a "battery test" since I don't use my 4.0 anymore I have left it sitting screen off and after having just flashed this ROM my battery died fairly quickly the first day (which only got a few hours use) but after another charge cycle the battery calibration has seamed to correct itself and I'm sitting at over 13 DAYS of powered on screen off doing nothing and have 45% battery remaining, so I suggest that you run it dead once you get it up and going on this ROM to allow the battery calibration to correct itself.

Reactions: dorfd1 and iWynn

ti-pich

Sep 11, 2012
Québec
Yeah I also noticed that my device seems to be sleeping very hard with this rom. Battery life while deep sleeping is quite impressive. Before I would always turn off my device before going to bed but now it's simply useless to do.

ti-pich

Sep 11, 2012
Québec
Am i the only one who have issue with restoring backup? Each time I restore a backup I get stuck in a bootloop and I have to try thing after thing to get unstuck. I haven't found a reliable solution to get unstuck except doing any sort of thing in recovery in hope that it will boot. If anyone have a good way of getting out of it I would greatly appreciate cause the only way out I have is flash stock and wipe everything...

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
Am i the only one who have issue with restoring backup? Each time I restore a backup I get stuck in a bootloop and I have to try thing after thing to get unstuck. I haven't found a reliable solution to get unstuck except doing any sort of thing in recovery in hope that it will boot. If anyone have a good way of getting out of it I would greatly appreciate cause the only way out I have is flash stock and wipe everything...

I have done backups and I was able to restore them no problem

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: ti-pich

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10.1 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a preview build of CM10.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Player 4. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Note: Please backup your efs in case of something goes wrong (the zip should backup it but we're never too sure) To do so execute this command:

Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/stl3 of=/sdcard/efs.rfs

Preview Install instructions:

*** If upgrading from CM9 or CM10, it is recommended that you wipe data.

1. Download cm-9-20130402-kernel-preflash.zip
    md5: 4a900fcddbc3d81d121a7b9c9d4bb0a0
    2. Download cm-10.1-20130710-UNOFFICIAL-ypg1.zip
    3. Make all your backups.
    4. Make sure your efs is intact (not blank).
    5. Boot into recovery, make more backups.
    6. Flash cm-9-20130402-kernel-preflash.zip (temporary workaround for first-time install from stock)
    7. Flash cm-10.1-20130710-UNOFFICIAL-ypg1.zip

Installation Notes:
    When you install for the first time, there is a conversion to the new MTD partition layout. The installer will flash the new kernel and reboot. It is possible for this process to hang up on the samsung logo (still working that part out). It is normal to see the Samsung logo appear 3 seperate times during this reboot phase. **Please wait at least a minute before assuming you are stuck.** If this happens, you should extract the boot.img from the installer zip and flash it with heimdall (heimdall flash --kernel boot.img, or other appropriate GUI methods). It should boot back into recovery and continue the installation. Once the install finishes, it should reboot once more back into recovery, which gives you the opportunity to flash your gapps.

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to install those yourself if you want them. Recommended and highly suggested are the 4.2.2 gapps from goo.im.

Install video thanks to daniel644

Known Issues:
    - Camera mostly working: Front cam doesn't take pictures, and is sideways. Video recording is limited to 800x600.
    - Other things

Sources
    cm-10.1 branch:
    Device tree: https://github.com/bbelos/android_device_samsung_ypg1
    cm-10.1-ypg1-dev branch:
    Kernel source: https://github.com/bbelos/android_kernel_samsung_aries

Previous versions:
    cm-10.1-20130622-UNOFFICIAL-ypg1.zip
    Here as usual:

JB 4.2.2 Gapps Download

Issues so far:

- Right speaker that sound quieter than the left one
    - Front cam still wonky
    - HDR mode isn't working in camera
    Highly recommended to wipe data and format /system before flashing rom and new gapps (don't forget different gapps). So don't forget to backup your app data. Otherwise it should be safe to flash over one of the previous versions of preview builds without reverting back to stock.
    In light of the CM10.1.1 releases, I have updated the OP with a fresh build. Sorry, no camera fixes yet, but it is up-to-date with all the current CM features such as Privacy Guard, etc ( I should keep better track of what new features get added but oh well :p )