Search This thread

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
@the OP

I created the original apk Icon Pack application for the Droid Collection and the iQ Icons... do you want one for Droidz Extended? Very little effort on my part.

The only thing I ask in return is that you allow me to include it in Kang-o-rama (see my sig)? :)

animoo

Nov 14, 2009
Kecskemét
@the OP

I created the original apk Icon Pack application for the Droid Collection and the iQ Icons... do you want one for Droidz Extended? Very little effort on my part.

The only thing I ask in return is that you allow me to include it in Kang-o-rama (see my sig)? :)

Of course, you're welcome to use them!

Hmm the apk is good idea, but i dont remember what it does. Going back there and read it:)

jettrue

May 1, 2010
St. Louis

I have another request. :) I've just started using the program "Bedside", and it's got a little bed icon... I wonder if we can have a droid guy laying in it. :)

snapshot6-8.png

thechump

Mar 27, 2010
New Jersey
How do you get these custom icons to work in Launcherpro?

Here's what I'm doing:

1. Hold "phone" icon in launcher pro
2. Select applictions
3. Select "phone"
4. Select "custom icons"
5. Select Astro then go to the folder where the icon pack is stored.
6. Select htccall icon
7. Launcherpro force closes!

I'm using froyo guys...any advice?

EDIT: One other question. I just bought better cut but it isn't letting me change icons. Do I need to also have open home installed? Seems like a lot of money to pay just to change icons.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Highland3r

Sep 27, 2009
How do you get these custom icons to work in Launcherpro?

Here's what I'm doing:

1. Hold "phone" icon in launcher pro
2. Select applictions
3. Select "phone"
4. Select "custom icons"
5. Select Astro then go to the folder where the icon pack is stored.
6. Select htccall icon
7. Launcherpro force closes!

I'm using froyo guys...any advice?

EDIT: One other question. I just bought better cut but it isn't letting me change icons. Do I need to also have open home installed? Seems like a lot of money to pay just to change icons.

Thanks!

Seem to recall getting a FC using astro too. Try using another file manager or the stock Gallery to choose an icon.

animoo

Nov 14, 2009
Kecskemét
Seem to recall getting a FC using astro too. Try using another file manager or the stock Gallery to choose an icon.

I don't think, that bettercut would be the best solution. Try to use Folder Organizer lite.

1. step: you have to change the icons of the apps.
Start Folder Organizer, and click on the apps tab.
3gtohsecu52o.png

Click on the arrow next to the name of the app. Push icon button.
1xkdkh2hwdvt.png

After that you have to click on the Android Image Gallery option.

Choose the suitable icon from your collection.

Do this with all of the programs which icons you want to change.

After that, you can add your shortcuts to the desktop as usual, but you have to choose the folder organizer item from the list, and after that apps. Here you can find all your progs.
o2469q83ses3.png

I think this should work with LauncherPro, too.

Edit: Btw why are you using Astro instead of the default Gallery? On Nexus it is fast enough and conveniant to browse pics.

Last edited:

Highland3r

Sep 27, 2009
I don't think, that bettercut would be the best solution. Try to use Folder Organizer lite.

The issue using folderorganiser is that you can currently only add a shortcut to the quick launch section.
For whatever reason using shortcuts loads folderoganiser first/in the background so can affect the speed apps open.
In addition, sometimes hitting the back button via a folderorganiser shortcut takes you to folderorganiser rather than back to desktop or where ever you were before.

animoo

Nov 14, 2009
Kecskemét
The issue using folderorganiser is that you can currently only add a shortcut to the quick launch section.
For whatever reason using shortcuts loads folderoganiser first/in the background so can affect the speed apps open.
In addition, sometimes hitting the back button via a folderorganiser shortcut takes you to folderorganiser rather than back to desktop or where ever you were before.

I think all of the progs that allows you to change icons, add another shortcut instead of the original.
I've experienced that going back to home hits me to folder organizer, but it didn't matter:)
I haven't noticed any speed issues yet.
Okay, then use Freed Home. It's also free, but is similar to bettercut.

To tell you the truth I don't like bettercut, because it's buggy and it resizes the icons, they look a bit blurry.

jettrue

May 1, 2010
St. Louis
Very nice work... how do you think this will work with Froyo?

P.S. Did you see my post about the bedside icon? :D:cool:

b33zy682

Feb 12, 2010
Theme control file is missing.Contact creator. That's the error I get when trying to apply. the status bar. Solution?

b33zy682

Feb 12, 2010
Could you give it a try now pls? :) It works for me now...

yea tried again so lemme walk through the steps so you can see if im doing something wrong. i download the link that says status bar and i go into metamorph and hit unzip/extract new theme. i click that and then it extracts and i get the error message i told you about. do i need to put the zip somewhere specific or something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

[ICON PACK]

I've collected your wishes, and put together a few droid guy icons, similar to manup456's Droid iconset.
    Credits go to him for the great idea to create the original icon pack, and the basic android icon. I couldn't do this without that.
    You can find the original droid icons here.

dr_ex_autumn.png

Download droidz_ext.zip, extract to a folder on your sd. Apply them with Desktop Visualizer, or ADW Launcher icon replacer.

[NEW!]

A good guy, tskramp made many new icons for this thread, now they are available in the new (droidz_ext.zip) zip. Thanks for him!

Here they are:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

MY LATEST UPDATES:
    flashlight.png
    cbs_football.png

I've added an apk installer, it contains the icon pack. It is much easier to apply the icons with this. In Desktop Visualizer choose icon packs option instead of android image gallery.
    Big thanks to djmcnz, the creator of the great rom bundle, Kang-O-Rama!

[MORPHS]

Statusbar:

I've added 2 metamorph zips.
    The first (DroidzExtended.zip) contains a semi-transparent white statusbar, with custom (mainly android guy) notification icons.

The second one (DroidzExtended_transbar.zip) is the same as the first, but with fully transparent statusbar, with a little shadow effect.

Open zip with Metamorph as a new theme, let it extract, and then apply all.
    These are my first morphs, any feedback is apperciated.

Screenshots:

g8japsmgtd.png

vd8m94bngvsg.png

a6sq1asdt5l.png

s1us2pe1wzxo.png

Twitter, inc.

Here's something I did today. This is for Official Twitter app. It's not perfect yet, I couldn't make the smaller widget transparent, because of Twitter's special image handling. But I've added a little twitter droid to that too. :)

First you have to move com.twitter.android.apk from data/app to system/app. Then download Translucent_twitter zip from below, and apply it via Metamorph.

Screenshot:

xmkj69v5fk2w.png

Download links: see attached files

And a half-kanged wallpaper (I've only put the Droids onto it:)

4bzgrpowkpi.png
    WhatsApp Icon

Just got my 1st Android phone and starting to change the looks. I Luv the icons. Although it's an old thread I'll add some new ones when made, enjoy!

Here an icon I've just made for WhatsApp :D
    Here the one I made for Good Morning App :)
    MSN Pro Talk :)
    Skype + the open arms droid :D