29th January 2009, 10:33 AM |#101  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v5y

Thanks for this, looks awesome!

My only complaint is that .Net CF 3.5 is needed... I'm currently running the stock (2.03) ROM and so only have 2.0. I installed 3.5 as a cab, but it would be nice to no it would work if I have to revert to stock at some point in the future...

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonatan25

I am sorry, but this made me laugh. You are a mod and all, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but are you serious? Really?

I do agree, are you serious mate? We install ROMs, free applications that you have no idea what code it consists of, you enter your login credentials and so on without trusting the code, and you are complaining on installing .Net CF 3.5! this light framework that only sits in your system files waiting for programs that need it?

You HAVE to be kidding here! No way you're serious :S

29th January 2009, 11:09 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This is a nice app and am happily using it.

I am getting the issue where if I click done it deletes. I have exited the programme via task manager without clicking done and the programme stays som must be something that happens on click of the button.

I also get this issue

iplayer.exe
OutOfMemoryException

at
iplayer.DownloadDialog.GetProcessAndSaveMoovAtom(I nt32 moovAtomStart, FileStream fs)
at
iPlayer.DownloadDialog.DownloadVideo()
at
iPlayer.DownloadDialog. <.ctor>b_0()

Unfortunately I can be no more help. I does then to happen though just as I start downloading. I have 1.5G left on my internal storage where the programme is trying to save.

Hope this helps with your development.
29th January 2009, 11:43 AM |#103  
OP Member
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bha110

i find that the downloaded program disapears from the iplayer folder. and can not be found.

Seems like I need to debug this. When the download completes you should be presented with a checkbox saying 'Delete when done' which defaults to ticked and the 'Done' button. Are you seeing this? I could at least default to not delete when done in the mean time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfrank

Mmhhh, I wonder why this happens over vodafone and not over Orange 3G.
BBC iplayer website reports that iplayer streaming works for Omnia, SE Xperia X1, Touch HD, Nokia N96, etc.. also over Vodafone 3G:

It may be worth to hack Nokia N96 user agent instead of the iphone one in your program?
This is because vodafone does not have iphone in their range and may only allow access to "known" phones? Nokia N96 user agent would be the best bet, as it was the first phone supported by BBC iplayer and vodafone. Cheers

Not looked into other streaming methods then the iPhone one. Maybe I will take a look when we get the stability issues sorted. Might be better or trying to grab the High Quality flash version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlah

"A Native exception has occurred in iPlayer.exe. select Quit........." then I get:
"ExceptionCode: 0xc0000005 ExceptionAddress: 0x03fa0090 Reading: 0x01da7a44 Faulting module: coredll.dll Offset: 0x00054090 at IImage.Draw(IntPtr hdc, Rectangle&dstRect, IntPtr NULL) at Overlay.Overlay_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e) at Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) at Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at ContainerControl.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain) at Application.Run(Form fm) at Program.Main()" only option is Quit.

Thanks for this - seems to be a problem with the Manila-esque overlays (which only work intermittently for me at the best of times!) I'll look in to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse_matt

Looks great, would love to see this on my touch hd! What are the chances of making it work with 800x480 resolution?Cheers!

Thanks - WVGA is on my to do list... would be easier if i had a Touch HD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louington

Looks Good, Don't suppose this works on the Touch Pro yet?

You tell me! Not had much feed back from any Touch Pro users other than "doesn't work". Could you tell me how far you get? Does it start up? Where does it fall over? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfitninja

Craftyb you seen this? http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...r/mobile_phone wonder if the feed is any better

Which feed do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbouk

That would be why its not working then.
I got the radio programs up through the search option.

They must have changed their results format *again*. Will fix my regexs - this is why i build in the auto update feature... any changes that BBC make to their HTML breaks the scraping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumhee

This is a nice app and am happily using it. I am getting the issue where if I click done it deletes. I have exited the programme via task manager without clicking done and the programme stays som must be something that happens on click of the button.

I also get this issue

iplayer.exe
OutOfMemoryException

at
iplayer.DownloadDialog.GetProcessAndSaveMoovAtom(I nt32 moovAtomStart, FileStream fs)
at
iPlayer.DownloadDialog.DownloadVideo()
at
iPlayer.DownloadDialog. <.ctor>b_0()

Unfortunately I can be no more help. I does then to happen though just as I start downloading. I have 1.5G left on my internal storage where the programme is trying to save.

Hope this helps with your development.

'OutOfMemoryException' refers to your free RAM - not Storage. Try closing some programs or running a 'Light' ROM. I've not got around to optimizing memory usage yet but iPlayer isn't particularly memory hungry. I've only had this problem once when I also had Opera running...

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Have been a bit busy with my real job this week but hope to get some time at the weekend to work on things and push out a new build.
29th January 2009, 11:59 AM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyb

You tell me! Not had much feed back from any Touch Pro users other than "doesn't work". Could you tell me how far you get? Does it start up? Where does it fall over? Thanks.

Seems to be working well on my Vario IV which is a Touch Pro. Have only used it very briefly but it seems like a great program!
29th January 2009, 12:17 PM |#105  
Flag ASDA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
thanks for this app craftyb, i can confirrm the point regarding "when the download completes you should be presented with a checkbox saying 'Delete when done' which defaults to ticked and the 'Done' button. "
i did get a check box but when i unchecked it and clicked done the file was still nowhere to be found. (i could find cancelled vids in the program folder tho)

another issue i have found is the restart of playback from the begginnig whilst a vid is downloading, each time time this happens the playback length increases to to the last stage of download.

i appreciate your work, thanks
29th January 2009, 12:52 PM |#106  
Flag Leicestershire
Thanks Meter: 3

More
just to add feedback from a HD user...

it starts to load, occasionally the window title changes to "iPlayer" but thats it - it's like a transparent window. i didnt expect it to work properly on the HD but looks as though it won't run at all at the moment.

+1 for HD support
29th January 2009, 03:02 PM |#107  
France

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedge2k

just to add feedback from a HD user...

it starts to load, occasionally the window title changes to "iPlayer" but thats it - it's like a transparent window. i didnt expect it to work properly on the HD but looks as though it won't run at all at the moment.

+1 for HD support

I tried it on my HD from France, but get exception error when trying to play a video
I have Coreplayer installed and assoiciated with .mov.
I used WVGA fix to change my resolution to 640x480.
Is there a way to have this worked outise od UK?

Keep up the good work
29th January 2009, 03:21 PM |#108  

More
Support for HTC Kaiser would be much appreciated

Not too worried about the resolution issue, just an option to disable non-native dlls (eg. nav sensor, etc.) would be good for compatibility.

Great work so far!

-Fry
29th January 2009, 04:16 PM |#109  

More
Works fine on my touch pro.

Looks very good, works very well and fast! keep up the good work my friend!

Where does it download the files too?
29th January 2009, 05:09 PM |#110  
OP Member
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedge2k

just to add feedback from a HD user... it starts to load, occasionally the window title changes to "iPlayer" but thats it - it's like a transparent window. i didnt expect it to work properly on the HD but looks as though it won't run at all at the moment. +1 for HD support

Strange another HD user reported that it started up ok but only used the top 640px!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrelp1

I tried it on my HD from France... Is there a way to have this worked outise od UK? Keep up the good work

The only way to do this would be with some kind of proxy support. Not sure about adding that as it's one thing to expose the same functionality that the BBC gives to other devices it's another to purposefully circumvent their checks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryWalker

Support for HTC Kaiser would be much appreciated

Not too worried about the resolution issue, just an option to disable non-native dlls (eg. nav sensor, etc.) would be good for compatibility. Great work so far! -Fry

QVGA support would be quite a re-write. Have you tried running it on your device. All the sensor stuff is in a try/catch block so hopefully it shouldn't fall over if it can't connect to them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlane

Seems to be working well on my Vario IV which is a Touch Pro. Have only used it very briefly but it seems like a great program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdajames123

Works fine on my touch pro. Looks very good, works very well and fast! keep up the good work my friend! Where does it download the files too?

Great! Glad that it is working on the Touch Pro. I'm guessing that things get ugly if you slide the keyboard out as i haven't done anything to make it work in Landscape mode.

It currently downloads the videos to the directory that you installed the app to (e.g. 'Internal Storage\Program Files\iPlayer').

nick
29th January 2009, 07:02 PM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyb

QVGA support would be quite a re-write. Have you tried running it on your device. All the sensor stuff is in a try/catch block so hopefully it shouldn't fall over if it can't connect to them?

The application loads successfully (albeit with rather large icons and text) and seems to work as intended.

However when I click on a program link the following error is displayed:

"An unexpected error has occurred in iPlayer.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

Can't find PInvoke DLL 'HTCAPI'."

The error detail (shown below) led me to suspect it was trying to load a dll that was not available.

FYI my phone is an HTC Kaiser running Windows Mobile 6.0 with the compact .NET framework 3.5.

"iPlayer.exe
MissingMethodException
Can't find PInvoke DLL 'HTCAPI'.

at Sensors.HTCNavSensor..ctor(Form form)
at iPlayer.ProgramDetails..ctor(Listing program)
at iPlayer.ListingPage.LoadProgDetail(Listing prog)
at iPlayer.ListingPage.ItemSelected(Listing prog)
at iPlayer.ListingPage.ListingPageMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventA rgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at iPlayer.Program.Main()"

- Fry
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)