Thread Closed Email Thread
3rd January 2013, 10:12 PM |#1641  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymachete

The modem mod has all the modems already baked in. It doesn't need to connect to the net.... Just think about what Ur doing... Ur flashing a zip that that changes the modem framework to a different one. When Ur phone is on it will connect to that newest modems data. All the modems were released over a month ago. They just compiled them into one flashable mod.

I think u need to do some studying of your own if you aren't familiar yet with how this all works. The questions Ur asking would be better fit into the modem thread. This is a top end dev thread here, we're basically running nightlies.

Apologies - since someone else brought it up (itsmikeramsay if I'm not mistaken, but I could be), it seemed that there were questions about it. I still don't think you are getting what I am asking. The modems are built in to the mod, I understand that. Hypothetically, lets say a new modem comes out today. Will that new modem be available in the existing file I used to flash my current modem, or will I need to download a new modem mod? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

It has aroma chooser built in the files are all with in the "app" it chooses by your choice. Just like when i recovery it flashes the ROM you choose.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Yeah, I get that. What I don't understand (and I guess I'm the only one that doesn't) is how do the latest modems get cooked into the "app" going forward? Sorry if I'm dense.
3rd January 2013, 10:15 PM |#1642  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,136

Donate to Me
More
Lol, no... It has to be manually updated by the creator of the mod...
The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mt3g Ad-Free
3rd January 2013, 10:19 PM |#1643  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

Lol, no... It has to be manually updated by the creator of the mod...

Beautiful - all I wanted to know! I was thinking it was an app that sought out the latest modems, and made them available. Clearly I was wrong!

Thank you again!
3rd January 2013, 10:30 PM |#1644  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermCraig

Beautiful - all I wanted to know! I was thinking it was an app that sought out the latest modems, and made them available. Clearly I was wrong!

Thank you again!

No problem
4th January 2013, 01:00 AM |#1645  
Thanks Meter: 635

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annex1

the way people are getting 0/0/0 and so on with flashing this is... everytime you flash a rom and wipe factory,cache and dalvik it will create another 0. if you flash back to something like TW based, it won't, but then you flash back it will create a new 0.

so if you stick with one rom and dirty flash it WILL NOT create another 0.

I recommend this, I said it earlier. Back up your Internal sdcard to PC and if you ever get a 0 folder just erase everything and drag your backup back in.
Its a pain, but you will have everything 100% guaranteed

Actually if your recovery is updated to the newest you will have only the first 0 folder created no matter how many 4.2 ROMs you flash. The problem with 0/0/0/0/ occurs only because older recoveries don't *see* that the 0 folder has already been created. Update to the newest TWRP and the issue does not exist.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1weener For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1weener Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 02:53 AM |#1646  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. About the team sonic modem tool, the last version is back by Sept 2012. I tried it yesterday. The latest modem available within the tool is not the really the latest one.

4th January 2013, 03:02 AM |#1647  
Flag wichita
Thanks Meter: 952

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessxyz

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. About the team sonic modem tool, the last version is back by Sept 2012. I tried it yesterday. The latest modem available within the tool is not the really the latest one.

Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1880987
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
4th January 2013, 03:15 AM |#1648  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I'm not exactly sure which modem i'm supposed to download. Would anyone please of assistance to me. I still dont really know what I am doing. Knowing everywhere in my house I get 4g but in my bedroom its full E or 1 bar of 3G
4th January 2013, 03:21 AM |#1649  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1weener

Actually if your recovery is updated to the newest you will have only the first 0 folder created no matter how many 4.2 ROMs you flash. The problem with 0/0/0/0/ occurs only because older recoveries don't *see* that the 0 folder has already been created. Update to the newest TWRP and the issue does not exist.

I am running goo manager and assumed it actually updates recovery on its own. Thanks to this discussion and your post, I checked and sure enough my recovery was 2 versions out of date. I guess you have to manually flash recovery in goo to get TWRP updated.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
4th January 2013, 05:04 AM |#1650  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi
Can someone please tell me if i can flash this cm10.1 rom on my s3 japanese variant (SC-06D)?
4th January 2013, 05:06 AM |#1651  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkk

Can someone please tell me if i can flash this cm10.1 rom on my s3 japanese variant (SC-06D)?

If u want to make a paperweight out of it, dont advise u to do it

Bell Galaxy S3
Task650 & Ktoonsez AOKP 4.2.1
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread