[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-shift [pre-beta4]

Search This thread

deerkiller11

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City Area
It works for me with sparksco latest kernel.

So does this rom have the security hole in it that they are talking about (USSD)?

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda premium

Last edited:

-somebody-

Apr 2, 2011
GB
i wouldnt even worry about wimax at this point, by the time wimax is working (if ever) you wont even be able to find this phone on craigslist

WilliamtheIII

Mar 22, 2012
Manchester
What are some ways to improve GPS on twisted pb21? Mine is very hit or miss. Other than that it is an excellent ROM!

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

Reactions: gmoe65

CNwenabx

Jun 29, 2012
okay,guys,I have a question:Do you think that it is possible to make a full ics sense 4 on our evo shift 4G?
And sense 3.5 with Android 2.3.5?Which one has much possibility?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
okay,guys,I have a question:Do you think that it is possible to make a full ics sense 4 on our evo shift 4G?
And sense 3.5 with Android 2.3.5?Which one has much possibility?

Yes I believe it is possible. The thing that has been holding back the ICS Sense Roms that are in the beginning stages of Dev work is the Kernal. Having a viable ICS Sense Kernal would be a huge help. As for 3.5 Sense there are already a few good Roms out.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

cmags

Dec 22, 2010
Lowell, MA
Has anyone gotten Apps2SD (ext) working on the Twisted PB21 build? I tried Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 and CM S2E, but neither seems to have any effect. With the DT script, when I type a2sd check or /system/bin/a2sd check from a # prompt on the terminal, it simply reports sh: a2sd: not found. Same issue if I try to install the apps2sd gui - says no scripts found.

I can try earlier version of DT, but any other suggestions? I can manage without 4G and bluetooth, but not with only 350mb storage to play with... (I'm already down to < 30mb free after I restored my most often used apps)

drob311

Has anyone gotten Apps2SD (ext) working on the Twisted PB21 build? I tried Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 and CM S2E, but neither seems to have any effect. With the DT script, when I type a2sd check or /system/bin/a2sd check from a # prompt on the terminal, it simply reports sh: a2sd: not found. Same issue if I try to install the apps2sd gui - says no scripts found.

I can try earlier version of DT, but any other suggestions? I can manage without 4G and bluetooth, but not with only 350mb storage to play with... (I'm already down to < 30mb free after I restored my most often used apps)

To use dark tremors a2sd, you MUST mount system, data, and cache in recovery BEFORE flashing the zip.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

cmags

Dec 22, 2010
Lowell, MA
To use dark tremors a2sd, you MUST mount system, data, and cache in recovery BEFORE flashing the zip.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I'll give that a shot, thanks!

Edit: Nope, consistently that causes the phone to hang on the splash screen (HTC whitescreen) until I re-flash the ROM which of course removes the scripts.

Last edited:

cmags

Dec 22, 2010
Lowell, MA
I found that but wasn't sure if it would link my existing apps or new ones. So I moved what I wanted in a batch, then enabled it.

Titanium backup doesn't recognize the ext partition... will backups and more importantly, restores still work properly? I'm already running into hiccups with this rom and may try one of the ICS flavored cm7 variants...

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/799/ics-shift

enjoy,
    -deck
    its hard enough supporting 1 device let alone 4. the evo LTE is my main device, and has had most of my 'dev' time lately, and my other time has gone to health issues. I built speedy off of cm so i can get a device tree ready for cm so hopefully you all can get nightlies sooner then later... im sorry i was trying to better the shift community.
    what is it that i have or havent done that is making sparkso so mad? all my source is on my personal github and the playground github. i just dont understand what the problem is here. I never dropped support for any devices, its just been a little longer between updates, cause the device pretty much is almost fully working. things that are not fixed are not easy fixes, or they would have been done long ago. Im sorry if i offended u in any way, but i think you have me confused with some other devs. Anyways, i hope this clears some stuff up for everybody.

No, i did NOT drop support for the evo shift.
    Yes, there will be updates in time.

-deck
    Ok dude, where again did he say he was going to do this in the first place? Why even say he's going to do it when you don't even know if it's going to happen? Why can't he just speak for himself and post his own comments on here lol? Uploading something to cm-gerrit takes like 5 minutes if that but you seem to know more than I do..

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

yo bro relax. the only reason there are cm builds gong on is so that cm can add my device tree and start nightles if it comes to that, no i am not moving onto cm, and yes you need to relax, get off the bath salts, and start coding something yourself with that attitude.

-deck

EDIT: i dont owe you anything nor will i ever. its attitudes like your's that make me want to stop support on the shift. #realtalk
    thanks guys! I hear that WiMAX will never work on ICS due to no source... that's a damn shame! The only thing holding me back from ICS roms are the lack of WiMAX, since I tether WiMAX quite a bit on Gingerbread!

Well... We will have a fully functioning sense 3.6 ics rom... The evo design, same chip (msm 7630) just had a leak drop... I personally have been working on it and so have some other developers as well... Mark my words... We will have 3.6 ics with camera and wimax... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    So...
    Does anyone have a working MMS or video solution on Deck's latest release?
    I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for ... sharing pictures ... and junk

Correction:

"I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for... Sharing pictures of my junk."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium