[Q] Who else is returning there ATT One X ?

Are you keeping the One X or Returning it?

• Total voters
Search This thread

kumiteking

May 6, 2012
Indianapolis
I went from IPhone 4s to the ATT One X for the larger screen and wanted to get back to root and roms etc.. ( had rooted infuse b4 4s) but with the boot loader locked etc... I am really wanting to return it on the 28th day and wait for the Samsung G3.... thoughts?

Reactions: broseph23

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
but we have such beautiful things to look forward to!!! Plus whats going to be better about the gs3, besides perhaps battery life and memory expandability. this is a much better looking phone with a better camera

http://youtu.be/4XwaI2xhx5Q?hd=1

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, if you really in love with one X designed, you need to be more patient. Sooner or later the bootloader will be cracked. Otherwise, go for GS3 and start flashing by next month :D

Sent from my Incredible S using XDA

Reactions: kumiteking

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
I moved from an iPhone 4s to this phone. Out of the box with no mods it's streets ahead of the 4s. Thing will only get better with time. I'm in for the long haul. I predict that only even number Galaxy releases will be worth a crap anyhow. Galaxy S Captivate= bad
SGS II was great.
SGS III designed by lawyers. No thanks

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Not having the ability to command the phone via Bluetooth has me seriously considering returning it. Once I got my Android tablet my iPhone 4 was barely used for anything but music and phone calls but at least I could dial out without looking at the phone, an important feature for me since it's illegal here to operate a cell phone while driving a vehicle without using a hands free device.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
The ONE thing that may cause me to take this phone back is the completely crippled multitasking. I'm tempted to keep it for the hardware, but it's virtually useless when I can't even multitask between two apps without the state being saved.

kumiteking

May 6, 2012
Indianapolis
I did use siri a lot in the car, and I think the 4s takes better pictures. But the screen on the one x is a lot better for my old eyes. The SG3 with the voice app, removable battery and SD card storage along with the whole ATT not letting HTC unlock the boot loader makes me want to return and switch. I have also read that the SC3 will get updates a lot faster than HTC and that Samsung is a lot easier to root/flash

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Agree, coming from the iPhone 4 the additional screen real estate is fantastic. I loathe itunes and many things Apple does differently so I seriously don't want to go back but commuting without voice command is going to be painful.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Bigjim1488

Feb 19, 2008
New York
I did use siri a lot in the car, and I think the 4s takes better pictures. But the screen on the one x is a lot better for my old eyes. The SG3 with the voice app, removable battery and SD card storage along with the whole ATT not letting HTC unlock the boot loader makes me want to return and switch. I have also read that the SC3 will get updates a lot faster than HTC and that Samsung is a lot easier to root/flash

Don't be on samsung pushing fast updated. I had the galaxy2 and it took forever to get updates from sammy. Also their hardware was always an issue. Poor gps, poor radios etc. I might return my OneX due to the multi tasking issue but I would not got the III.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
The wifi, push email, multitasking, and app association (youtube and market links open up in browser, not the app) issues all bother me greatly. I'm planning to install the 1.82 RUU update and see if it fixes at least wifi and push email. If it fixes both of those, I will probably keep it and just deal with the multitasking and app association stuff. But right now I'm definitely planning to return if wifi and push email aren't fixed soon.

side808

May 30, 2010
I agree. Best phone I've had to date. I just came from the galaxy note. That was a laggy phone. before that I had a iPhone 4s. I wouldn't go back.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

aspj111

Jun 5, 2011
New Jersey
I agree. Best phone I've had to date. I just came from the galaxy note. That was a laggy phone. before that I had a iPhone 4s. I wouldn't go back.

I bought an iphone 4s in the beginning of March, took it back in less than 3 weeks. Maybe it's me, I don't get the hype. I'v had an infused, Atrix 1 and 2
and I tried the Nokia Lumia, which honestly wasn't a bad phone, just lacking in apps. This phone will be here for the long haul!!!

austin4913

Mar 30, 2012
College Station, TX
Love the One X..better than Vivid even and I loved my Vivid...Inspire before that, which was good for the time period..Samsung is OK but feels cheap when you hold it..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

tehdef

Apr 30, 2012
ATX
It's Their, not there. There is a place. Their is an object that someone usually owns or possesses.

Simple 3rd grade english.

And no, I'm not taking mine back. Not sure why anyone would. It's the best phone on the market right now, and for the foreseeable future.

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
Don't be a supercilious, condescending, and annoying grammar nazi. It's the internet, mistakes ARE allowed.

Truthfully, I can live with this phone being locked for the rest of my possession of it. So there's no reason for me to turn it back in for a sub-par display and design when I'll eventually get the experience I want with the One X.

XAviierG

Mar 11, 2011
Trading mine for a white nexus. I love this phone no doubt but stock AOSP feels right.

Reactions: coldfusionb

drawde40599

Aug 11, 2010
I went from IPhone 4s to the ATT One X for the larger screen and wanted to get back to root and roms etc.. ( had rooted infuse b4 4s) but with the boot loader locked etc... I am really wanting to return it on the 28th day and wait for the Samsung G3.... thoughts?
Ya I'm with u this htc is sooooo slow compaired to my Galaxy nexus AND both my G2's , unless someone can get this boot loader hacked this phone is a joke at current stock settings, guess ill throw into a drawer and wait for hack, I have 30 days to return right? Personal opinion, this is the last time I stray away from Samsung that galaxy 3 is going to be way better phone + hacker / dev friendly .

MY OPINIONS YELL AT ME IF U WANT TO; ) but I do have 12 androids I'm compairing 2 so ......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh no bugs.. I must return nows
    There will be a work around just give it time but I'm not very impressed with the samsung galaxy s 3

The XL's been out for what, three weeks? It took Samsung 2-3 months to get the i9100 working right after it was first released. Clearly there's a radio issue with the One X but you guys separate the problems as if they're unrelated. I'd take bets they all get resolved with an update or two. The international One X just received its third update and I'd guess about 90% of the major complaints have been resolved.

The One X's (both of them) multitasking issues are way overblown. Yes, it's aggressive but if apps are written correctly by their developers you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between whether it was being recalled from state or restarted. People have posted some specific apps that don't adhere to Google's design standard that restart without retaining their last position. That’s the exception, not the rule. If the apps you use a lot fall in to that category then yes, HTC's multitasking will blow for you. None of the apps I've been using have had a problem restarting from their last position. So multitasking is a big YMMV.

Here are some articles that discuss multitasking (including iOS) that you can read that have been written by the engineers responsible for Android. They outrank even the most established devs on XDA. It helps explain the way it’s designed to work and what happens when it doesn’t.

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html
    https://plus.google.com/10505198573...C42uX#105051985738280261832/posts/GfwRYCC42uX

When making comparisons, the part that's missing is "compared to what?" Compared to "perfect" the One X's (both of them) launches suck. Compared to the i9100 (I had one of the first 100 sold) and GN (remember the stop sale due to the radio problems?) the One X's aren't much different. People are viewing the SGS3 as the second coming of Christ. Since I'm sure Samsung didn't put half their effort in to the i9100 and GN launches there's no reason to believe the SGS3 won't suffer from its own unique set of launch issues.

What it comes down to is pretty simple. If you want to be the first to own a new device be prepared to participate in the last phase of QC which sadly has become customer experiences after purchase. And speaking of Apple, their launch issues are far less excusable than Android's. With Android you have a single OS being used on a proliferation of devices with different h/w, different radios, different SoCs, and different GPUs. With Apple it's one OS running on one piece of h/w; all 100% within their control. And we know that even with that they don't always get it right the first time.
    Don't be a supercilious, condescending, and annoying grammar nazi. It's the internet, mistakes ARE allowed.

Truthfully, I can live with this phone being locked for the rest of my possession of it. So there's no reason for me to turn it back in for a sub-par display and design when I'll eventually get the experience I want with the One X.
    90% sure Im taking mine back by the 4th and going with the SG3.

100% we don't care :)