Titanium Backup: "Batch backup interrupted: insufficient free storage space"

Search This thread

Technical

Jun 2, 2008
Titanium Backup: "Batch backup interrupted: insufficient free storage space"

I was using TB without issues until SuperSu (Pro) updated to version 2.00. Now TB gives me constantly the "insufficient free storage" error. I have disabled Dropbox (and other) online backup, I have uninstalled/installed the app several times (including the Pro license).

My ROM is SlimRom 4.4.3 v5.9 (latest weekly). Other root apps are working ok. I want to save to external sdcard: /extSdCard/TitaniumBackup
SuperSu (Pro) latest version 2.00.
Of course I have free space (more than 2Gb).

mattyyey

Hi everywhere, firstly thanks for the great solutions in the thread though I'm sorry to say they did not work. I was about to try my final option of creating a folder with TB on the internal memory. I am running cm13 for the nook HD +. Anyway think I may have found an alternative solution... I also found that the setting in SuperSU didn't make any difference.

Solution:
Go to Preferences, backup folder location. At the top it says Storage provider, click to change and I selected Document Provider. The middle one for android 5.0+ then select the backup folder on your sdcard. I the reloaded the application from TB. Now all is fixed. It occoutred to me due to having to manually allow apps like solid explorer to access it in this manner.

I suggest you try this solution first as it just so simple, can't believe it wasn't in the thread (or maybe I just missed it)
If this helps please hits thanks

Thanks again for all the info n solutions I tried tho

Ditto

Hi everywhere, firstly thanks for the great solutions in the thread though I'm sorry to say they did not work. I was about to try my final option of creating a folder with TB on the internal memory. I am running cm13 for the nook HD +. Anyway think I may have found an alternative solution... I also found that the setting in SuperSU didn't make any difference.

Solution:
Go to Preferences, backup folder location. At the top it says Storage provider, click to change and I selected Document Provider. The middle one for android 5.0+ then select the backup folder on your sdcard. I the reloaded the application from TB. Now all is fixed. It occoutred to me due to having to manually allow apps like solid explorer to access it in this manner.

I suggest you try this solution first as it just so simple, can't believe it wasn't in the thread (or maybe I just missed it)

This is what I wound up having to do as well. :)

let92

Feb 22, 2016
Gorizia
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6

Solution:

This solution worked for me! Thank you very much! :D

-Vinne2-

For Android 5+ / Marshmallow (I bolded the extract of the solution):
On mine (Verizon LG G4), I had to do go to TiBu -> Menu -> Preferences -> Backup folder location -> Storage provider (click to change)
From there, choose DocumentProvider and choose the root directory of your SD card. That granted TiBu access to the SD card. I was able to choose my old backup directory and successfully backup my apps.
Solution:
Thanks guys! Hitted the thanks button :D

Last edited:
Reactions: bigtom624

imakul8

May 25, 2010
New Orleans, LA.
Solution:

Thank you! Big Thanks!

imakul8

May 25, 2010
New Orleans, LA.
Now I have a new problem. None of my uninstalled backups are restorable. Their app icon doesn't show and there is no way to restore them..just their package name crossed out.

Last edited:

selw0nk

Apr 13, 2012
Solution:

The first solution did not work for me, but this did, thanks a lot! :)

muddysmind

Jul 29, 2010
Same issue on LG V10 running debloated stock rom, "Use The Current Folder" option is greyed out and I can't get it sorted out when using the "DocumentProvider storage" option.

*Sorted it Out*
You have to select the folder one level above the actual backup folder then in the select backup screen click the Titanium Backup folder.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the solution

I did everything but the solution was provided by TB itself when it gave an error message at startup. Just uncheck the mount namespace separation option in supersu. Done.
    Rooted VS986

On mine (Verizon LG G4), I had to do go to TiBu -> Menu -> Preferences -> Backup folder location -> Storage provider (click to change)

From there, choose DocumentProvider and choose the root directory of your SD card. That granted TiBu access to the SD card. I was able to choose my old backup directory and successfully backup my apps.

Solution:

Just go to supersu setting and uncheck "mount namespace separation" & restart your device

:good::good::good:

Thanks man!

This resolved my issue on a N910C on WanamLite 3.0 TW5.1.1 + GoogyMax 2.0