[Q] One X Hard Bricked

Search This thread

dubbz82

Jul 15, 2013
You may want to look into the Jewel Evita Toolkit, as there's still some chance you may be able to recover, and worst case scenario, you're still bricked, so it's worth a stab.

Reactions: tsanto2

Rikylop

Sep 30, 2012
I offer free JTAG to users with a 300 post count or who are vouched for by a senior members
In this case I would help out only asking that you please give something back to the community

If its a onexl Qualcomm chip I can service the unit

Sent from my SCH-R970 using xda premium

Hi Zarboz I have a at&t htc one x with damage by flash a ruu. with the Riff Box everything says ok but it still does not turn on. What could it be?

sorry for the english i'm from mexico :D

Arkilus

Oct 20, 2009
Can you post screenshot of what it shows if there is numbers or just qh dload

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey Zarboz, I got the exactly same problem. My One X was debricked with Riff Box, but still doesn't show anything on screen.
When I connect to USB it appears on device manager:

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
v8lieq.png

And QPST Configuration shows this:
15pgwgn.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I offer free JTAG to users with a 300 post count or who are vouched for by a senior members
    In this case I would help out only asking that you please give something back to the community

If its a onexl Qualcomm chip I can service the unit

Sent from my SCH-R970 using xda premium
    Ok, so I tried flashing cyanogenmod on my phone and ended up with what i believe to be a hard brick... I'll go through what I did, and I guess if there is any way to reverse this and return it to working condition, I would greatly appreciate this information. First, I used the exploit found in the all-in-one kit so that the bootloader could be unlocked officially by HTC. After getting my bootloader unlocked via the file sent to me by HTC, I flashed my cwm via fastboot. Everything seemed to be working fine at this point; the phone would boot into both the rom and the cwm. I rebooted the phone and flashed the boot image found in the cm rom I was flashing on my phone. I rebooted once again, erased the cache and dalvik, and then attempted to flash the rom. It was unsuccessful the first time due to failed asserts. I had previously been able to simply edit the build.prop file and remove the asserts on other android devices to correct this problem, so I attempted to do this. I tried again to flash the rom, which began installing, and then resulted in the phone turning off. I am sure that this has everything to do with my editing of the file, but I am just wondering why it did not work this time, and if there is a way to correct this without expensive hardware. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

What happens now when you boot it up? Can you get into cwm?
    Ok, so I tried flashing cyanogenmod on my phone and ended up with what i believe to be a hard brick... I'll go through what I did, and I guess if there is any way to reverse this and return it to working condition, I would greatly appreciate this information. First, I used the exploit found in the all-in-one kit so that the bootloader could be unlocked officially by HTC. After getting my bootloader unlocked via the file sent to me by HTC, I flashed my cwm via fastboot. Everything seemed to be working fine at this point; the phone would boot into both the rom and the cwm. I rebooted the phone and flashed the boot image found in the cm rom I was flashing on my phone. I rebooted once again, erased the cache and dalvik, and then attempted to flash the rom. It was unsuccessful the first time due to failed asserts. I had previously been able to simply edit the build.prop file and remove the asserts on other android devices to correct this problem, so I attempted to do this. I tried again to flash the rom, which began installing, and then resulted in the phone turning off. I am sure that this has everything to do with my editing of the file, but I am just wondering why it did not work this time, and if there is a way to correct this without expensive hardware. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

It was probably a corrupted download and editing files on a Rom built by someone else wasn't the best of ideas can you access fastboot or recovery?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
    I downloaded the latest, most stable rom directly from the cyanogenmod website, and no, I can't access fastboot or recovery.

When you plug it in does it show charge light? And what is the file name you flashed? You should only download roms from here if it was a quad core Rom it overwrote the partitions and totally bricked it. Also plug it into a Windows pc and tell me what it's trying to install drivers for if it tries to install qhsusb drivers your dead in the water and need jtag or send it to HTC for about 200$ to have mainboard replaced.

Ahh, well there it is. Thanks for the info. I'm an idiot haha

Not a idiot. Just keep in mind the two devices are not well separated on the websites. All available roms for our phone are here on xda. Dont even assume cm website will be that specific. I'd pm zarboz and see if he is willing to jtag for you. And it wouldnt hurt if you threw him a few bucks for beer or something lol