[SKIN .APK] PCB Sense - NOW WITH 5 COLOURS (for ALL HDPI Sense 2.x ROMs!)

Search This thread

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
By the way, do you have the framework you use for all the notification icons battery mod etc?? Are you running the CM7 version?

Hey Marty, I do indeed have the UOT framework that I flashed. I use the Honeycomb battery icons, along with a green overscroll and green glow on popups. Also using the droid emoticons and G3 DrDroid icons. Let me know in a PM if you want it, and I can link you up. Also using the CM7 version yes, but modifying the 'updater-script' in the .zip can fix any issues :)

This Skin is the ****! Incredible Work!
Can you also make a Sense 3.0 Skin?

Woah, woah! Sense 2.1 is still so fresh! ;) I am sure I will adapt this to Sense 3.0 once we get some stable builds, but if anyone is running an alpha version, please do try to install my .APK in it, as it may still work! Please report back with any findings if anyone wants to try it (Nandroid is your best friend in this case!).

I am talking about the top notification bar and the bottom button bar.

Would be nice to be able to colour match to give a seamless green colour to the skin.

I hear what you're saying ericb, but it would throw my theme off it's intended 'framework'. I want to make more colour versions, and this wouldn't really be efficient for me moving forward. PLUS, if I am correctly thinking what you mean, then once someone changes their wallpaper, it wouldn't make much sense as the top + bottom bars would be green, but the wallpaper could be anything.

I hope I am making sense here myself, and I'll try my best to fulfill everyone's requests, otherwise I'll let you know if it can't be done (for whatever reason). Just remember it does take a fair amount of time!

Next plans are to release diff colour versions, and I will post an update as soon as they're ready (you can bet).

Hope everyone else is enjoying the theme in the meantime...(300+ downloads over 3 days!!!...I don't really know how good (or bad) that is, but it's cool!! :D

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
Are you planning on releasing the blue version?

--Straight From HTC Glacier--

Hey LORD JUNIOR,

Yes, I am planning on releasing the blue version next, however my personal (and work) life is super busy these days. Because of this, I probably won't have the blue version ready for a few weeks.

Just subscribe to this thread though, and you'll be notified as soon as I make an update!

LORD JUNIOR

Dec 7, 2008
Chicago, IL
Hey LORD JUNIOR,

Yes, I am planning on releasing the blue version next, however my personal (and work) life is super busy these days. Because of this, I probably won't have the blue version ready for a few weeks.

Just subscribe to this thread though, and you'll be notified as soon as I make an update!

I can wait :) Subscribed

--Straight From HTC Glacier--

shareonline

Nov 17, 2010
Hey LORD JUNIOR,

Count me up for the blue version also:) I love your theme, but i'm in love with blue themes, so waiting paitiently for that.!

Keep up the awesome work!

shareonline

Nov 17, 2010
Not to stress you or anything, but any schedule on the work of the blue PCB skin? I'm really looking forward to it!:)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

shareonline

Nov 17, 2010
And maybe also a red one? It really is the most complete skin out there.. you've skinned everything by the looks of it:)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
Hey guys,

Sorry for my lack of updates. I was actually on vacation in Cuba last week, so I was obviously unable to get anything done. Unfortunately, upon my return I've come back to 200+ e-mails that I need to go through for my business.

I will definitely be making the new colour versions as soon as I get a chance, and Blue will probably be next. I'll try for a red one, but I think it may be a lighter red since red + black poorly contrast each other and would be hard to read.

Anyways, I just wanted to drop a super quick reply here to let you know that I'm still alive and still have plans to update the theme. It does take a lot of time, and even though I don't want to, I need to give my business (paying) clients priority :(

I will keep you updated though!

Cheersch!

artymarty

May 14, 2010
Melbourne
www.marty.com.au
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!!

I sent a donation to scar45 for this theme a week or so ago - cause - well, its frickin amazing...

He emailed me back and thanked me personally and said no one has ever donated to him for this theme.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

Do you guys have any idea how long it takes to make something like this? if it ONLY took 60 hours (and it would take a hell of a lot more than that) its a lot of time on his part.

not to mention all the requests for help installing it, changing this and that, other support....

Come on guys - DON'T BE SUCH TIGHT ASSES!!

Donate something - I am unemployed, up to my neck in credit cards at the moment, but I still found $10 to donate because frankly, it puts a smile on my face when I see it....

ok, thats the end of my rant -

Of course you don't have to donate, (and even if you do it descent give you the right to put in a mile long shopping list of requests for changes - its a donation not a payment)
...he will be grateful with just your thanks I am sure
... but if you do donate, you will sleep better at night and get lots of more cool stuff like this from scar45 and other developers...

:D

Warmly,
Marty

(ps. I am no way affiliated with scar45, I wrote this because he deserves it!)

Reactions: scar45

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
Haaaaa! :D

You're awesome Marty, thanks again for your donation. I'm not in the best financial shape either, so I completely understand, and thank/respect you even more for showing your support!

You're also correct that donating is not required, but considering the amount of time the XDA peeps put into their work, it really is great to receive a kick-back from grateful users. It does warm my heart knowing that someone went through the process to donate, and definitely makes it easier to justify spending a lot of time making something perfect (or creating new stuff!).

All of the devs on here deserve support if you use/appreciate their work. I donate to ALL ROM devs whose ROMs I use/have used, and it does make a difference.

Thanks again Marty, you're a stand up dood ;)

...and to confirm, he did NOT tell me at all about his post. It was a pleasant surprise to me!

Kastro1784

Apr 13, 2008
Landover Md
facebook.com
This one looks hot it was a black version PCB sense skin
d03623fb-127a-53a8.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium App

artymarty

May 14, 2010
Melbourne
www.marty.com.au
Does anyone have the circuit board pictures in a high quality format or if not even any format so I can use them to etch into a ring, pendant and robot broach I am making?

I am after the ones that just have the circuits board tracks as used in the background of drop downs, button icons etc...

Warmly, Marty

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3.jpg

Hi all!

I have recently been playing around with the Sense 2.1 + Gingerbread (aka GingerSense) ROMs, and had to of course port (and improve) my original PCB Sense Theme from days ago. I have been testing it myself for quite a few days, and I'm finally happy with how it turned out, so I wanted to offer it up to all GingerSense XDA users.

Couple of things to note:

• This design was meant to be close to stock for those who actually dig the Sense scheme, but want something unique
    • The file is a 7.7mb signed .APK created using apk-manager 4.9 for Sense 2.1...I may make a Sense 3.0 port if there is enough demand (need to play with .m10 editing still)
    • It is installable on HDPI devices only by simply copying to your device and running, and is uninstallable by Titanium Backup, or applying another Skin in Sense, and highlighting PCB Sense, then MENU --> DELETE...it doesn't appear in "Settings --> Applications", but why would you want to uninstall it anyways? ;)
    • I have edited a poopload of images with utmost care and attention to detail including those precious draw9patch ones
    • The tricky thing with the draw9patch is to have a pattern get 'stretched/repeated' without looking crappy...I believe this may be one of the few Sense themes out there which attempts to skin >90% of resource images (I may be wrong, but still)
    • I tested (and approved of) this theme on my Desire (Bravo) running LeeDrOiD v3.3.1 and InsertCoin GB
    • The font used in all screenshots is "Ubuntu", however "Storopia" also compliments the skin nicely
    • The font used to make the custom clock widget is "OPTICBOT"
    • This theme took me about 55-60 hours to complete
    • I've seen some other mods/ports of my theme before, and while I am a believer in sharing and caring, it would be nice if you asked/PM'ed me before using my theme for any other purpose than your own enjoyment. I'm a nice dood, I promise, and it's good to give credit where it's due! ;)
    • If you'd like to buy me a beer, coffee, or any other kind offering to say thanks, it's greatly appreciated and I will thank you personally... (Donate link is in my post profile)

Anyways, have a look at the preview images below, and please leave your thoughts! I hope you enjoy it!!! (Oh, and keep an eye on this thread for updates)

Screenshots of Green version (via Dropbox album):

Download:

Select your desired colour to download:
    Note: If you're downloading on a handheld browser and the file is saved with a '.bin' extension, simply rename it to '.apk'

if you like it...that's up to you!

Credits and thanks to some of the resources used go out to:
    • The modded wallpaper is originally from iTeppo (on deviantART) titled "Android Chip Wallpaper" (he did a great job!)
    Unless u can help scar with porting to sense 3 then most likely, yes!

Hey fellas! My apologies for not posting any updates. Life has been crazy, and I'm still stuck with Sense 2.x on my old Desire (no money for upgrades, and Sense 3 on the Desire is not perfect - I need a stable daily driver these days).

One day I am sure I'll end up with a nice phone and Sense 3, but also, once ICS comes out, we'll have to see what HTC does with that and Sense.

Regardless, let's say my themeset here is just "on hiatus", and will hopefully return as soon as I get some new hardware and time. It did take me a long while to create this theme, and I've obviously not charged for it, so it's quite an undertaking to update it to Sense 3, as a LOT will need to be changed (Sense 3 is much different in its resource structure from Sense 2).

Anyways, I haven't forgotten about this, and I thank you guys for your kind words, and bringing it back up to attention. I'll surely post updates whenever there is news.

Cheers!
    There are now two versions of Sense 2.1 believe it or not. HTC = Idiots, I know ! Anyways, these will still work on Sense 2.0, Sense 2.1, and Sense 2.1.1 (as Im calling it). The only change needed to be made is the "version code" in the AndroidManifest file. For instance, Sense 2.0 is "8" and Sense 2.1 is "??????32" and Sense 2.1.1 is "??????33" So for it to work on Incredible S after the latest update, you need to change the version code in AndroidManifest. Hope this is helpful to the OP and others.
    Amazing.

I will say that I have allways found the backdrops you pick very distracting and make the icons hard to see, but then I am addicted to the glactic core live wallpaper - you should try it with the pcb sense - it really ties the screen theme together!

One thing I miss from the old PCB theme is the green circuit board buttons, but then I am sure I will get used to this... (see attached for what I mean)

perhaps an option in the future?

Again, Thanks!!!

Warmly, Marty
    screenshots

the mdpi blue skin has standard white tabs on the clock though,couldn't get the themed tabs to flip correctly,top tab went blank when it flipped

here's a couple of screenshots