Free incoming & outgoing calls via your tf-101

Search This thread

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
FREE INCOMING AND OUTGOING FOR YOUR TF-101

hello everyone. just posting this little tut to help you get your tf setup to have phone funtionality. just one more way i use my tf. works great as a secondary phone when you are on tab and phone is elsewhere:D if you dont care to that is fine but please dont bother posting unless you are interested or care to help improve this process. THANKS!

Materials:
GoogleVoice setup and #
csipsimple or sipdroid
android device with data connection/wifis
ipkall number for free calling

Instructions:
Step 1:
Download SIPDroid from the Market Place
Step 2:
Obtain a google voice account
Step 3:
Launch SIPDroid and instruct it to create a PBXes.com account for you with your google voice account information
(attn:sipdroid cannot auto config pbx atm due to shortages so you will have to config your pbx yourself until the issue is resolved:( )
Step 4:
Go to IPKall
Step 5:
Go to the settings of SIPDroid and write down the first account information (should be XXXX-200@pbxes.com)
Step 6:
On IPKall, put in the XXXX-200 for the sip # and pbxes.com for the sip proxy
Step 7:
Register your IPKall number with Google Voice (if gives an error ask it to Verify the information. It will then dial your SIPDroid software and ask for a 2 digit number. It might take a couple of times before it recognizes it.)
Step 8:
You are now ready to make calls and receive calls.

I will be posting some vids as soon as i have some time...

REFERENCE MATERIALS

if you are having issues or need more help, pm me or check some of my most useful Reference Materials on this topic below:

Reference 0
(my first thread on this topic with vids for cdma galaxy tab many resources)
Reference 1
(gurnted blog about sipdroid/sipgate/ipkall/sipsourcery setups)
Reference 2
(big part of setup procedure)
Reference 3
(public stun servers list)

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Hey Skype is $2 a month for unlimited nationwide calling. But thanks for all the instructions though. I'm interested in sip, how's the quality compared to Skype?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

chodemickey

Mar 26, 2009
I can't seem to get the IPKall number verified through google voice. I keep pressing the 2 digit code google tells you to use but she keeps saying "sorry, I didn't get that" then eventually saying "sorry that you're having trouble, please call back later"
Am I doing something wrong?

frosty5689

May 10, 2011
Should edit title to say [US-Only]

Even if you manage to activate outside of US using a US #, anyone calling that number will be charged international fees (since its a number in the US) and you can't forward Google Voice calls to your own phone outside of US.

MagnusRagnarok

Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
try this...

Hey Skype is $2 a month for unlimited nationwide calling. But thanks for all the instructions though. I'm interested in sip, how's the quality compared to Skype?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

great. however you must setup your delay settings and use a diff stun server if delay or feedback is present. refer to my references under stun servers if this is the case for you. i notice after extensive testing that when im testing while both devices are in the same room, you will have feedback sometimes; however when i call my friends,fam,fiance, they dont hear it.

Or buy the groove IP app...

hmmm...

True, and it works well, but it isnt free. Thanks for the walkthrough magnus.

np ^_^

the delay is close to 2 secs.

i have made adjustments. delay for me is minimal. otherwise i would not use this as a secondary phone. it would be useless.

I just bought GrooveIP and it work perfectly .... thanks to whom suggesting it

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

installing....

I can't seem to get the IPKall number verified through google voice. I keep pressing the 2 digit code google tells you to use but she keeps saying "sorry, I didn't get that" then eventually saying "sorry that you're having trouble, please call back later"
Am I doing something wrong?

this is a known issue. refer to 2nd page of my 1st reference material.

Should edit title to say [US-Only]

Even if you manage to activate outside of US using a US #, anyone calling that number will be charged international fees (since its a number in the US) and you can't forward Google Voice calls to your own phone outside of US.

where else would i be? lol. sorry about that. ive lived in N.america my whole life. will add to op. thanks for suggestion.sorry it wont work for you.

Last edited:

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
I keep getting this error when trying to register it with GV

+xxxxxxxxx : This number is already being used on two other Google Voice accounts. Forwarding numbers cannot be shared across more than two accounts.

Any way around it?

Mean Sixteen

Jun 27, 2010

+xxxxxxxxx : This number is already being used on two other Google Voice accounts. Forwarding numbers cannot be shared across more than two accounts.

Any way around it?

Not to hijack this thread but, where does it say you can forward to the same phone # from 2 Google voice accounts?

I have 2 gv #s and I have wanted to forward them to my one cell # but it tells me I can only have one gv forward to one #.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

MagnusRagnarok

Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
hmmm...

Any way around it?

Not to hijack this thread but, where does it say you can forward to the same phone # from 2 Google voice accounts?

I have 2 gv #s and I have wanted to forward them to my one cell # but it tells me I can only have one gv forward to one #.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

the way i use my gv account in this is to forward my sprint calls to my two tabs should i miss my primary. they can also be rang directly via my gv #.

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
the way i use my gv account in this is to forward my sprint calls to my two tabs should i miss my primary. they can also be rang directly via my gv #.

Im pretty tech savy but this got me beat, lol. I guess Ill wait until you post a video like you said or I have more time to just focus 100% on it. Or am I just really that dumb?? lol

stevefxp

Oct 16, 2007
Gonna try this out on my unactivated droid

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

This is similar to what I am running on my Droid Incredible. I use Sipdroid, with a Soho Pbxes account and GV. In this config I can go internationally, and as long as I have a wifi connection the calls will be free, including inbound.

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Guys, I'm moving this to Apps and themes as it isn' strictly ROM DEV ;)
Great work though, I'm hoping that we can get some sort of call / MMS support on the 3G model when released :)

nalorite

Mar 15, 2011
I have been using a similar setup for a while now, but minus the ipkall. If you have pbxes.org hooked into google voice, why do you need the intermediary number? And if you don't, how are you doing outgoing calls? Last I checked, ipkall was incoming only.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FREE INCOMING AND OUTGOING FOR YOUR TF-101

hello everyone. just posting this little tut to help you get your tf setup to have phone funtionality. just one more way i use my tf. works great as a secondary phone when you are on tab and phone is elsewhere:D if you dont care to that is fine but please dont bother posting unless you are interested or care to help improve this process. THANKS!

Materials:
    GoogleVoice setup and #
    csipsimple or sipdroid
    android device with data connection/wifis
    ipkall number for free calling

Instructions:
    Step 1:
    Download SIPDroid from the Market Place
    Step 2:
    Obtain a google voice account
    Step 3:
    Launch SIPDroid and instruct it to create a PBXes.com account for you with your google voice account information
    (attn:sipdroid cannot auto config pbx atm due to shortages so you will have to config your pbx yourself until the issue is resolved:( )
    Step 4:
    Go to IPKall
    Step 5:
    Go to the settings of SIPDroid and write down the first account information (should be XXXX-200@pbxes.com)
    Step 6:
    On IPKall, put in the XXXX-200 for the sip # and pbxes.com for the sip proxy
    Step 7:
    Register your IPKall number with Google Voice (if gives an error ask it to Verify the information. It will then dial your SIPDroid software and ask for a 2 digit number. It might take a couple of times before it recognizes it.)
    Step 8:
    You are now ready to make calls and receive calls.

I will be posting some vids as soon as i have some time...

REFERENCE MATERIALS

if you are having issues or need more help, pm me or check some of my most useful Reference Materials on this topic below:

Reference 0
    (my first thread on this topic with vids for cdma galaxy tab many resources)
    Reference 1
    (gurnted blog about sipdroid/sipgate/ipkall/sipsourcery setups)
    Reference 2
    (big part of setup procedure)
    Reference 3
    (public stun servers list)