Thor's ROM's

Search This thread

runeblade

Mar 2, 2009
I love his Rom's. They are fast as hell, but one major issue forced me back to acer based roms. USB support. No matter what I did I could not get USB keyboards or USB gamepads to work. The kernal was recognizing it, because i could pull it up in terminal, but the rom was missing the drivers to actually utilize it. Given that I use both a lot it killed it for me. I talked with him about it, and the consensus was that it was because ASUS doesn't have the full size usb port.

smhism

Dec 23, 2010
Florence, SC
For me, personally, I don't really get the need for a keyboard. If I have something that's typing intensive, I generally have my macbook close by. I thought about getting the touchpad bt keyboard since it was on sale, but thought better of it. Maybe I'm just not understanding what exactly can be done w/ the keyboard paired w/ the tablet...:confused:

runeblade

Mar 2, 2009
In my case I use One Note extensively and have it synced with my tablet. I use it all the time for documentation and note taking. It's easier for me to just grab one of the keyboards off the shelf at work, and use that than lug around a Bluetooth keyboard all of the time. My tablet has essentially replaced my laptop for day to day operations out in the field. I can do anywork I need to the cisco router with the usb to serial adapter. I also use the fullsize port for plugging in thumbdrives all the time as well. My point was to get to a point where I am not lugging around a laptop as well, and I have succeeded.

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007
hdmi out issue

I am going back and forth between Thor's v 13 and stock 3.1 because I can't use my HP hdmi to VGA converter with Thor's rom. The rom recognizes hdmi is plugged in, but does not display on the monitor or projector. Other than that, Thor's rom is spectacular in performance and stability.

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
Civato's flexspeed is good. Did you see if that works?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Last edited:

bahurd

May 12, 2011
In my case I use One Note extensively and have it synced with my tablet. I use it all the time for documentation and note taking. It's easier for me to just grab one of the keyboards off the shelf at work, and use that than lug around a Bluetooth keyboard all of the time. My tablet has essentially replaced my laptop for day to day operations out in the field. I can do anywork I need to the cisco router with the usb to serial adapter. I also use the fullsize port for plugging in thumbdrives all the time as well. My point was to get to a point where I am not lugging around a laptop as well, and I have succeeded.

Hi, sorry for off topic :eek: but you mention using OneNote synced with your tablet. Which Android product are you using to do the sync and your thoughts vs. Evernote (if that isn't what you're using)?

Thanks

mnainr

Aug 11, 2012
i lost the screen after installing the rom

help help i need help, as i install the rom in the iconia A500, it works fine for one day but now i just see black screen and nothing in there
i made the hard reset trhough th button but no effect,
is there a way to resolve this issue or to reset by the labtop or even to remove the battary as trial.
please help me as my tap is totally black now

help help i need help, as i install the rom in the iconia A500, it works fine for one day but now i just see black screen and nothing in there
is there a way to resolve this issue or to reset by the labtop or even to remove the battary as trial.

Dare I ask...is your battery charged?

Next questions would be what version did you flash, which boot loader are you on, what happened exactly...

Reactions: chismay

mnainr

Aug 11, 2012
dear,
the ver is 14.2 and i download it from below link,

Sorru i could not post the link but it is from this site tegraowners.com,

it was working perfect but it just suudenly turned of as blck screen, and i tried to keep it charging for long time and i made the hard reset from the sidebutton but no effect,

is there a way to reset it from labtop connection like the I-PAD or the I-phone

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
dear,
the ver is 14.2 and i download it from below link,

Sorru i could not post the link but it is from this site tegraowners.com,

it was working perfect but it just suudenly turned of as blck screen, and i tried to keep it charging for long time and i made the hard reset from the sidebutton but no effect,

is there a way to reset it from labtop connection like the I-PAD or the I-phone

Generally, we request you post your issues related with TegraOwners Roms at the TegraOwners site.

However, it sounds like 1 or 2 issues.

1. You have what we call "SOD" (sleep of death). This can usually be fixed by simply holding down the PWR button for 7 seconds, wait a couple seconds, then pressing PWR button again and the tab should boot normally.

2. You are stuck in APX mode. For this, you will probably have to visit the DEV thread, and look at the guides for getting unstuck from APX mode. If you are, generally your display will be black, and the PWR button is white.

Pressing the reset pinhole does nothing, unless you know the proper sequence.

You really didn't provide a lot of information about this. For example, which version Bootloader did you have (HC, Stock ICS, or the Unlocked Bootloader from Skirlax_CZ)

The rom you installed, is an HC based rom. This would mean it can only run from an HC Bootloader.

MD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone using Thor ROM v12? I know many folks use his kernel. Wondering how his ROMs rate before I flash and reinstall everything

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    I'm using the v12, and it works really well! I didn't know honeycomb could be this good. lol One thing I'm having problem with is that I only have 155~250 mb of free ram. On other roms, with about the same amount of apps installed, and not much open, I have about 350~400 mb free, but this rom is weird.. Any advice please?
    ive been running V12 for the past few days running a 1.6GHZ overclock stable as can be. It runs smooth a butter, I've found my everyday driver.

I have noticed that it eats up battery a bit faster than other Roms but I use setcpu to manage clock speeds and all is well.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Fastest ROM on the A500. Would be even better if build.prop was for iconia and mot the epad IMO.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

In the dev section there is a thread with a custom build prop for V12 that makes the tab an Acer instead of an eeepad at the cost of one or two Asus apps not working.
    So is everything working now?

U can pm me for any additional help

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Dare I ask...is your battery charged?

Next questions would be what version did you flash, which boot loader are you on, what happened exactly...