Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
Here is the file, the update.zip...
This is the new 1.029 USA ROM, only modded so it can install over non USA ROMs

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxbXuTuaKuMFWk9EbUx5UTdkQ1k

Once you download it you'll need to install CWM from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791165

After the .zip installs it will attempt to overwrite CWM with the stock recovery.
At this point you can say yes or no, I choose no and went to stock recovery.

(I then unlocked boot-loader, then rooted the 1.029 ROM since the same exploit works)

Reactions: ExtremeRyno

BatRambo

Apr 12, 2006
Here is the file, the update.zip...
This is the new 1.029 USA ROM, only modded so it can install over non USA ROMs

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxbXuTuaKuMFWk9EbUx5UTdkQ1k

Once you download it you'll need to install CWM from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791165

After the .zip installs it will attempt to overwrite CWM with the stock recovery.
At this point you can say yes or no, I choose no and went to stock recovery.

(I then unlocked boot-loader, then rooted the 1.029 ROM since the same exploit works)

Highly APPRECIATED !!!!!

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
I just went thru this...PITA.

You grab the ROM, then use Acer ROM decrypter (found on this site) to decrypt file, then go into the file (open not extract) to remove the first line that's prohibiting the install assert(getprop("ro.product.name") == "a700_xxxxx"); then put it on your SD card, rename to update.zip... Then you install CWM 6.01 (This one works) to replace the stock recovery (temporary) then you flash the update.zip, which will then overwrite CWM with stock recovery...whew.

If your willing to change to CWM then i'll be willing to upload (don't know where to upload a 300+MB file) the update.zip already modded and all you'll have to do is flash....

I went from the 1.028 overseas ROM to the 1.029 US ROM and i'm staying put...

That trick is very badly explained and doesn't work at all on the french update, i got a bad syntax error

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
I never implied it would work on any ROM other then the US update, its just what I had to do to fix my situation.
You took that upon yourself.....

doanb555

Feb 24, 2012
Cologne
You should try a the new CWM, even though the old one 'should' work. Or flash the original recovery image and run the update.zip. Are you plugged into the mains power during the flash ?? I had problems with it getting 20% through and stopping when not plugged in . . .

Is there a way to push the updated CWM via ADB or smthng?
Because i am still stuck at the Acer-logo and can't install any update via CWM 5.5.0.4 ...

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
Is there a way to push the updated CWM via ADB or smthng?
Because i am still stuck at the Acer-logo and can't install any update via CWM 5.5.0.4 ...

I'm still learning all this stuff so I dunno....

Cant you go into boot-loader mode (Hold volume down, press power until it buzzes then release, while still holding the volume down toggle the rotation switch back and forth a few times).. Then once your in boot loader mode follow the directions here to use fast boot to install recovery?

Last edited:
Reactions: doanb555

doanb555

Feb 24, 2012
Cologne
Or make sure the update hasn't relocked the boot loader and then push the new CWM via fastboot

I was able to push the 6.0.1 through bootloader, no problem!
But the EMEA_DE Rom from first post won't install; it tells me
Installaing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") "a700_emea_De"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I'll just re-download the 028_FR Rom, which worked allright for me the last time
and try to flash this one, i'll keep you updated... :(

---
Edit: so... just like the 5.5.0.4 this one gets stuck in the installation (See pic) and won't do nothing...
Should i try Tod wipe/factiryreset with this CWM? Might hat help?
I mean, it's not bricked, right? right?

3e8f8164-4c36-f311.jpg

Last edited:

jpearn

Feb 6, 2005
Newquay, UK
Yep, you have to edit the update-script from the update.zip and remove the reference to a700_emea_de if you are currently on FR as it reads it from the build.prop

Edit :

I'm not sure if you still need to be plugged in to run the update from the new CWM, that was the problem I had with the Acer Recovery leading to Andy on his back after 20% ! Shouldn't be bricked if you have a functioning boot loader / CWM and you haven't used the wipe /data from the old 5.0.0.4 CWM . . .

Last edited:

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
Chances are your previous install form the old broken recovery bricked your tablet by trying to wipe a partition before installing the update. I hope it's not the cas but there is a strong risk that it did.

I spent a lot of time with a couple of VERY competent devs (pawitp and Vache) to try and unbrick my A700 and so far we haven't been able to have it fully working. It did boot with a severely reduced storage and lots of crashes.

If we come up with something we'll let you guys know but hopes are slimming down :(

doanb555

Feb 24, 2012
Cologne
"Plugged in" meaning PSU?
If so, this doens't work either...

I have made a factoryreset from within the system via setting/blabla/factory reset before i tried to install the Rom, I hope that doesn't count :crying:

edit:

Chances are your previous install form the old broken recovery bricked your tablet by trying to wipe a partition before installing the update. I hope it's not the cas but there is a strong risk that it did.

I spent a lot of time with a couple of VERY competent devs (pawitp and Vache) to try and unbrick my A700 and so far we haven't been able to have it fully working. It did boot with a severely reduced storage and lots of crashes.

If we come up with something we'll let you guys know but hopes are slimming down :(

did you have the same issues i have? i can't just recover every part by just going through advance restore from a working recovery provided by someone else, hm?

Last edited:

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
Well the factory reset actually goes through the recovery to format the /data partition so it might have caused the brick. Can't be 100% sure though.

I have the same issue yes. My tab is bricked it won't boot, just stays at the Acer logo. Restoring or formating won't do any good, severel people have tried that. You have two options. You can either wait and hope somebody finds a way to fix this or kindly ask Acer to reflash your tablet...

doanb555

Feb 24, 2012
Cologne
Well the factory reset actually goes through the recovery to format the /data partition so it might have caused the brick. Can't be 100% sure though.

I have the same issue yes. My tab is bricked it won't boot, just stays at the Acer logo. Restoring or formating won't do any good, severel people have tried that. You have two options. You can either wait and hope somebody finds a way to fix this or kindly ask Acer to reflash your tablet...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would Acer even do that?
I mean, even if i act dumb (not that i find it smart of me to brick my tab) did they do that before?

And please forgive me my desperate question, for i am sure i already know the answer, but how far would you consider yourself from being able to recover this?

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
Well Acer can do it, they must have the right tools. However that being your fault they would probably charge you for it.

I can't tell you how far we are from fixing as everything we tried so far has failed. Considering what has been tried so far I'm not very optimistic and I'm probably going to send my tab to Acer for servicing...

doanb555

Feb 24, 2012
Cologne
Well thanks for the optimistic view.
I'll probably have to give this a couple of thoughts... :(

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

KruSan

Nov 14, 2008
CGN
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Well, some days ago I also had my tab bricked after trying to root it with the A510-tools.
Don't know how , but it rebooted once and worked since then until the update yesterday very well.

Gesendet von meinem A700 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts