Tmo OTA?

Search This thread

rookiegenius

Jul 7, 2012
Has anybody seen a drop in battery life and performance? For some reason my device lags more now, when typing the keyboard stops working (I can press the keys but nothing appears in the text box) and this all started after the update.

Any idea what it could be? any way to maybe retry the update and see if that makes things better?

they said this OTA will improve the stability. I say BS. THis update more like messes up my phone. even after I did a factory reset, it still somehow messed the phone's system sound up. (randomly does muted) :(. I restart and took the battery out and things seem fine so far.

infectedspam

Oct 25, 2010
I'm a bit lost here as I've read so many contradicting things. My wife's phone is a Tmo GS3, but she's already done the update to her phone. What method(s) do I need to follow get her phone rooted?

infectedspam

Oct 25, 2010
you would still do this method of rooting;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1771687 , even if you have the T999UVALH2 baseband version (settings > about device)

Interesting. So let me ask you three things.
1. Does this image include the update (I'm assuming it does)?
2. Does this overwrite all my settings and bring me back to square one (apps and all) requiring me to setup everything on my phone again?
3. If have another phone rooted with CWM, but the stock image... could I just flash that using odin over what I already have, or do I need to unroot first?

Last edited:

Cobra281

Mar 9, 2009
Interesting. So let me ask you three things.
1. Does this image include the update (I'm assuming it does)?
2. Does this overwrite all my settings and bring me back to square one (apps and all) requiring me to setup everything on my phone again?
3. If have another phone rooted with CWM, but the stock image... could I just flash that using odin over what I already have, or do I need to unroot first?

1) yes, the T999UVALH2 is the most recent update(screen brightness slider in the status bar, etc.)

2) yup, it will revert your phone back to the way it was out-of-the-box, in addition to giving you root access. all your apps and settings will have to be reinstalled.

3) assuming it's the same phone and same carrier, i don't see why you couldn't do a CWM restore in recovery.

PrimeNemesis

Feb 21, 2011
Memphis
Mine is only rooted and it won't take.

I get a failure every time.

Is this update even worth the trouble? Shouldn't I we just wait until we get JB or better yet there is a stable JB ROM?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Download Samsung Kies from http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/, after you install it, plug your phone in and it'll prompt you to update. It's really simple and you won't have to wait for T-mobile to push the update in your area.
Does Keis work on Win7 machines? I always had so much trouble with it. It bricked a phone when I was using WinXP

infectedspam

Oct 25, 2010
Everything worked just fine, except one thing. The notification saying that there is a T-mobile update available is still in the notification bar. How do I get rid of that?

edit: Nevermind, I found a thread about it. You can delete the update under /cache/fota and then do the update and it will fail and remove the notification. I didn't have anything in that directory because I just installed that firmware so I just tried the update causing it to fail and allowing it to clear the notification.

Last edited:

freshjr

Aug 6, 2011
did this update break anyone elses spellcheck on the samsung keyboard.

ill stays as ill
hry doesnt go to hey

the proper words show up in the word prediction box but they do not replace themselves.

I tried clearing the data and toggling all the switches already

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
did this update break anyone elses spellcheck on the samsung keyboard.

ill stays as ill
hry doesnt go to hey

the proper words show up in the word prediction box but they do not replace themselves.

I tried clearing the data and toggling all the switches already

Yup, it did mine also, so I'm using SwiftKey now,which Imo is better

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts