[ROOT Stock ICS] The easiest way...

Search This thread

klezfire

Dec 4, 2010
English Translation

I translated the bat file to English. I cannot post the link here because I'm still considered a new user. Please feel free to PM for the link to the English translated version.

Zhantee

Jan 25, 2014
Frustrated with root

When I plug my phone into the PC without the battery it detects then drops over and over and never gives me time to install drivers. If I put the battery in then it detects fine and stays. Anyone ever have to deal with this?

drastic00

Dec 31, 2012
Houston
Yes, it's the omap4430 driver. Follow everything leading up to and including part 1 here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2195753

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

There is some command line that you can use to get it to stop blinking, but if you quickly grab it with right click in device manager when it appears, you can then force install it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok this is taken from the HTC SPAIN site (Im only translating it)

1.- Download both files at the bottom:

2.-You will need to install the OMAP4430 drivers (they are inside the file you just download)
    a) open device manager
    b) Connect the phone to usb with out the battery,
    c) you will see "omap4430 device" appearing and disappearing
    d) as soon as you see it right click on it and chose proprieties
    e) click on the drivers tab and select update driver
    f) select the driver on the folder "usb_drv_windows" from the file you downloaded and install them
    g) wait till it finish installing them

[Edited by pete3000 to make the process more understandable]

3.- now run the file "Instalar Recovery ICS Europeo.bat" then:
    a) Connect the USB cable from the phone to the PC without the battery
    b) Wait until the message "Wait 5-Seconds...", then put the battery in.
    c) Wait until installation is complete and you see the green screen and the message.
    ------------------------------
    Installed recovery!
    Please remove the USB cable
    d)Now you can disconnect the cable USB, remove the battery, return the battery, and boot the phone.
    4.- Copy the "Su_Bbox_1.20.2_gazhead_signed.zip" file to memory (either internal or external SD card) and install it with in CWM
    5. to boot into Clockwork Mod, shut the phone down all the way
    a) hold down the 3D button, the VOL DOWN and POWER at the same time. (some say hit vol up but this didn't work for me)
    b) when the backlight comes on the screen, let go of the power and vol DOWN ONLY, keeping the 3D held down until you see the clockworkmod touch interface come up.
    c) choose install zip from sdcard
    find the Su_Bbox_1.20.2_gazhead_signed.zip file using the vol + and - keys.. then scroll downpast the No's to the YES and tap it on the screen.

And you will have a rooted ISC V30B
    Enjoy!

http://www.htcspain.com/links.php?u...om/?http://www.mediafire.com/?t2tz6xp7zfwqldo
    http://www.htcspain.com/links.php?u...om/?http://www.mediafire.com/?5io5b2r98nt28bb
    got it working but would have liked to see it in english

Finally got it to work!
    Notes that should be added. Before Step 3, Take the "leeme.txt" file and throw it into Bing Translate you will see this (rearranged/edited to help from the sequence above):

3.- now run the file "Instalar Recovery ICS Europeo.bat" then:
    a) Connect the USB cable from the phone to the PC without the battery
    b) Wait until the message "Wait 5-Seconds...", then put the battery in.
    c) Wait until installation is complete and you see the green screen and the message.
    Installed recovery!
    Please remove the USB cable
    d)Now you can disconnect the cable USB, remove the battery, return the battery, and boot the phone.
    4.- Copy the "Su_Bbox_1.20.2_gazhead_signed.zip" file to memory (either internal or external SD card) and install it with in CWM
    5. to boot into Clockwork Mod, shut the phone down all the way
    a) hold down the 3D button, the VOL DOWN and POWER at the same time. (some say hit vol up but this didn't work for me)
    b) when the backlight comes on the screen, let go of the power and vol DOWN ONLY, keeping the 3D held down until you see the clockworkmod touch interface come up.
    c) choose install zip from sdcard
    find the Su_Bbox_1.20.2_gazhead_signed.zip file using the vol + and - keys.. then scroll downpast the No's to the YES and tap it on the screen.
    !! IMPORTANT!! be careful using ROM MANAGER with rooting your phone w/this method

The Clockworkmod recovery this bat file uses is a little bit old and has a "reboot" bug. To avoid it, Do not install the ROM MANAGER on google play and immediately boot to the CWM. ROM MANAGER sets a trigger that keeps rebooting into the old CWM and never back to the regular OS. It's officially called the Clockworkmod reboot loop

To fix this, I used this tool which launches a .BAT file http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2144738 similar to the one you rooted with above. you will need to update the clockwork mode to version 6.0.1.9 (option 5). i also flashed the ICS boot loaders too (option 8).

when i rebooted the phone a new version of CWM showed up and all i had to do was reboot thru CWM. And i was back to the at&t boot screen.
    I wish this was as easy as you make it sound. When i plug my phone into the computer with no battery in, device manager takes 5 seconds or so to load the devices again, and by that time, there is no omap option to select. Is the omap driver messed up, maybe we could modify it to work without the device manager work around

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda app-developers app

Please hold Vol - while you're plugging the phone in, hold it down whilst you are in Device Manager, something should pop up stating OMAP-344 Or whatever the number shows up as.

Sent from my HTC One VX using xda app-developers app