(Q) ZTE N800 Awe software?

Search This thread

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Is there currently, or will there ever be, any development for custom recoveries or roms for the ZTE N800 Awe?
Picked this up on Black Friday for $20 and it is by far one of the best phones I've owned yet, which is saying something. Just look at my signature. And I have a half-bricked GSIII I'm close to having fixed but for the while this ZTE Awe is phenomenal! After rooting, unlocked its (for whatever reason) locked 2nd core and it seriously flies. Gaming isnt an issue, even if it is a bit underpowered. COD: BOZ runs like a champ, Modern Combat 4, Nova 3...and thats WITHOUT the 2nd core unlocked to save battery. If we had some serious development for kernels and roms this phone would be an absolute gem. When I get a few free moments I'll update with a Quadrant score and as a bonus a recording (yes, live gameplay from the device itself) of me playing something.
C'mon devs! Please make this happen?!

Edit: Overclock achieved! Quadrant score from my own most recent test at 1.94ghz performance on both cores. Was getting higher scores but I got too much crap on my phone >_< Check out http://www.androidforums.com/awe-all-things-root for the tut and test for yourself!:good::good::good:

Credits to rbheromax (sorry i forgot you bro!), cooldudezach and junkie2100 for their work, me and zeruth helped test. Here's to whatever comes next!
Sent from my N800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 2013-12-12-00-38-01.png
    2013-12-12-00-38-01.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Reactions: justlovejoy

Junkie2100

Mar 10, 2010
well t-mobile and at&t are both gsm so thats impossible. flashing to verizon ia going to be near impossible. wish you luck but their network is rather secure

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk 2

gtd2000

Dec 16, 2011
Galashiels
well t-mobile and at&t are both gsm so thats impossible. flashing to verizon ia going to be near impossible. wish you luck but their network is rather secure

Yeah, I was not meaning I thought I could use the phone on anything other than a CDMA provider just explaining that the signal around here is pretty much sub-par other than AT&T or Verizon.

The end goal would be to somehow figure out how to enable PagePlus on the phone which I believe is a Verizon MVNO?

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

On a separate note, does anybody know how to stop the nagging VM activation each time I turn the phone on?

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Well you couldn't flash to Verizon/PPC anyway as this phone is on Virgin Mobile (a Sprint MVNO) as well as a Sprint version and there aren't any other versions of the phone except for those two variants. As for the VM activation, just put your phone in airplane mode. There's also an app called Disable Service. Not sure which service listed will stop the activation, but it should be in there somewhere

Last edited:

Junkie2100

Mar 10, 2010
actually you can, ive used sprint phones on verizon and verizon phones on sprint, problem is verizons network likes to reject flashed phones where as sprint network isnt nearly as secure. the legality of such things is a different subject entirely, but it can be done with the proper knowledge and tools

PoiSpin

Oct 23, 2013
Is there currently, or will there ever be, any development for custom recoveries or roms for the ZTE N800 Awe?
Picked this up on Black Friday for $20 and it is by far one of the best phones I've owned yet, which is saying something. Just look at my signature. And I have a half-bricked GSIII I'm close to having fixed but for the while this ZTE Awe is phenomenal! After rooting, unlocked its (for whatever reason) locked 2nd core and it seriously flies. Gaming isnt an issue, even if it is a bit underpowered. COD: BOZ runs like a champ, Modern Combat 4, Nova 3...and thats WITHOUT the 2nd core unlocked to save battery. If we had some serious development for kernels and roms this phone would be an absolute gem. When I get a few free moments I'll update with a Quadrant score and as a bonus a recording (yes, live gameplay from the device itself) of me playing something.

Edit: Overclock achieved! Quadrant score from my own most recent test at 1.94ghz performance on both cores. Was getting higher scores but I got too much crap on my phone >_< Check out http://www.androidforums.com/awe-all-things-root for the tut and test for yourself!:good::good::good:

Credits to rbheromax (sorry i forgot you bro!), cooldudezach and junkie2100 for their work, me and zeruth helped test. Here's to whatever comes next!

I also have this phone and I think that for a mid range phone it is just as good as your high end phones. The dual core processor really makes the difference. Can you tell me what method you used to root it?

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
I also have this phone and I think that for a mid range phone it is just as good as your high end phones. The dual core processor really makes the difference. Can you tell me what method you used to root it?

two ways to root:
the video in my signature
cydia impactor (download, make sure USB Debugging is enabled, JUST HIT START)

ill also be releasing a modified stock rom with a whole lot of junk removed and an overclocked kernel, so keep an eye on the forum linked in the OP

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
AnTuTu

Hi all. I flashed the package - CWM/Root/OCKernel. It ran well and my AnTuTu score is 18085. Thanks so much for your hard work to all involved. I'm looking forward to CM and any other developments.

ps. I followed Dragonhart6505's video.

Last edited:

JimReid

Jun 9, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
ROM Bricked my phone

two ways to root:
the video in my signature
cydia impactor (download, make sure USB Debugging is enabled, JUST HIT START)

ill also be releasing a modified stock rom with a whole lot of junk removed and an overclocked kernel, so keep an eye on the forum linked in the OP

I tried to install the Rom you said you got to work and it didn't for me. I have the ZTE AWE N800 and I couldn't get the recovery rom towork either. One of the things I did wrong was to turn of the USB debugging. Now that it is in a boot loop or the CWM restore mode, is there a way to connect my PC to it and load a recovery rom? I guess the question is is there a way with ADB to turn on the USB debugging on the phone?

Any help would be appreciated. Also some other recovery rom would help too. I tried to do the sideload with the supplied one and that wouldn't work either.

Thanks,

Jim:p

Junkie2100

Mar 10, 2010
not sure what you mean by "recovery rom" but if you have stock recovery you can fix it via ftm and the bootloader using fastboot. head to androidforums.com that is where any and all work is being done this thread is just somewhere some of us stop in occasionally to see if anyone got lost lol

Sent from my N9100 using Tapatalk 2

JimReid

Jun 9, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
MEID/ESN

hey do you know a way that i can switch my phone (zte awe n800) meid/esn with another phone (donor phone)?

Just so you know those cannot be changed and if they could be you wouldn't want them to be. This is how they track stolen phones or phones that didn't pay their bills, etc. If the donor phone is a 'legal' phone you should have the esn/meid disabled or disconnected at the vendor and then you would have to go to you vendor and have it activated. You can't do it. If the esn/meid is not deactivated by the vendor who sold the phone then it cannot be reactivated with another.

Hope this helps.

:(

gtd2000

Dec 16, 2011
Galashiels
Anybody using Viber on the ZTE Awe?

I have it running but can't get audio functions to work - keeps telling me that audio is already in use if I try to record an audio message to send to a contact.

When taking or making calls the device rings or calls but when the call is connected there is no audio either way.

Any ideas or is nobody else using Viber?

It's a great little phone for the money :cowboy:

Edit: Just applied the latest update and now I've recorded an audio message successfully! :)

Still no luck on the calls yet..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To above last paragraph, disable network optimization.

Hmmm....