HaRET/Linux/Android very initial work

Search This thread

Nite_Hawk

Aug 15, 2008
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know I've started playing around with HaRET on my new shadow. So far HaRET is able to start, correctly identify the hardware, and I'm able to connect on port 9999 to do some diagnostics on the device.

Next step will be to cross compile a kernel using some of the instructions for similar HTC devices and see if I can get a linux kernel to start booting.

There's going to be some work necessary to make this thing useful under linux. Someone will need to figure out a way to map the keyboard to do t9 like input. We'll have to see if the gsm hardware and wifi hardware are the same as some of the other models too.

I don't have a ton of time to do this, so progress will probably be very slow, but I just thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else is interested in looking at it.

A

-AC-

I'd donate if -myHTC- and ND4SPD join together and create something out of this.

If we can all figure out a way to help each other out on here, the final product can be amazing.

alexrz619

Mar 8, 2008
im ready to donate as well.
im not very savy when it comes to roms and development but i can help with what i can!

ND4SPD

Jan 15, 2007
Chicago, IL
nd4spd.tumblr.com
Sure, I'd love to work on this. But I don't know anything really about linux/android...I can port stuff, so I might be a little usesful, especially since the HTC G1 has been released.:)