FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GT-S6802]All Discussion for Ace Duos (GSM+GSM)

5,018 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,237

Post Reply Email Thread
6th July 2012, 04:16 PM |#11  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by championswimmer

i don't know if this thread exists but here i'm making it anyways

i wish to develop for this phone as my friend just bought one of this GT-S6802 phones lately.

You can post all development/discussion/news info right here on this thread and ask for any help too

Hey glad to see support from u all for this phone. I have this phone, tried some time back to root this phone and got success with Galaxy Y duos 'update.zip' package.

I will be waiting for further enhancements, roms, mods, whatever

8th July 2012, 09:26 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOne1111

Hey glad to see support from u all for this phone. I have this phone, tried some time back to root this phone and got success with Galaxy Y duos 'update.zip' package.

Download and instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1533039
11th July 2012, 06:32 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1,339

More
Can some give a quick review of the GSM+GSM version of the device? Battery life, camera, audio quality and performance. Would be buying one in a few days.

Also since this one is available only in white colour, does the colour look as if it would fade over time?
11th July 2012, 06:53 PM |#14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Raj

Can some give a quick review of the GSM+GSM version of the device? Battery life, camera, audio quality and performance. Would be buying one in a few days.

Also since this one is available only in white colour, does the colour look as if it would fade over time?

you'll be VERY dissapointed to use ACE DUOS performance wise after having owned a SGSII

but in general it's a really good phone... and for a dual 3G phone, it's battery life is awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2012, 04:43 PM |#15  

More
Quote:

you'll be VERY dissapointed to use ACE DUOS performance wise after having owned a SGSII

but in general it's a really good phone... and for a dual 3G phone, it's battery life is awesome

He he.. It's not for me buy for my dad :) I brought it yesterday for 12.5K. Was that the best price?

I'm totally a noon regarding the dual sim usage and how it works in android. Can you explain me in brief and also what's the difference between active dual and standby dual? And this phone is active or stand by?

Thanks a lot! :D
13th July 2012, 06:00 PM |#16  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Raj

He he.. It's not for me buy for my dad :) I brought it yesterday for 12.5K. Was that the best price?

I'm totally a noon regarding the dual sim usage and how it works in android. Can you explain me in brief and also what's the difference between active dual and standby dual? And this phone is active or stand by?

Thanks a lot! :D

the hardware supports active dual sim but TRAI policy in india does not allow so it's blocked in the firmware.

in active dual sim there are two radios and both can run simultaneously (i mean gsm radio not fm radio)
13th July 2012, 06:10 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

the hardware supports active dual sim but TRAI policy in india does not allow so it's blocked in the firmware.

Does this apply to both the S6802 and the CDMA-Version? Would that mean that theoretically Active Dual SIM could be unblocked by a modded Firmware?
13th July 2012, 06:29 PM |#18  
Quote:
Originally Posted by voom

Does this apply to both the S6802 and the CDMA-Version? Would that mean that theoretically Active Dual SIM could be unblocked by a modded Firmware?

yes... even applies to Galaxy Y duos

any phone which allows you to access internet from sim2 while calling on sim1 means that hardware allows active dual sim
all galaxy duos phones support this feature... so if you get what i mean
13th July 2012, 06:35 PM |#19  

More
Well, as far as I understood it so far you cannot use Internet while talking... If you are online and someone calls on the other SIM, Internet is disconnected and you can accept the call. Also there is a function to forward a call from the other SIM while talking, using call forward and then you can use conference call-functions of the same line to talk to both. This sounds more like there is only one radio unit and the other functions are handled via network services...
13th July 2012, 06:40 PM |#20  
my friend has a galaxy y duos (gsm + gsm)
in settings there is option "allow data on other sim when on call"
14th July 2012, 10:09 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

in active dual sim there are two radios and both can run simultaneously (i mean gsm radio not fm radio)

So what's the advantage of having active dual? We can get call to both the numbers at a time?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)