[APP] [EN,DE,RU] PicoLyrics for Mango -[R]- 11/14/2010 -[U]- 10/28/2011 -[V]- 2.2.0.0

Search This thread

Useless guy

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
Do you know if one the the 1500 APIs announced today allows it?

I'd like to add a couple more requests, but first, have you ever used MiniLyrics on the PC?

3. Two lines lyrics display (similar to minilyrics option) with fading out transition.
4. Horizontal lyrics scroll (also similar to minilyrics option).

That's all. I hope you can do it!

I saw MIX11 yesterday, but they showed only major APIs, I hope it will be available.

Of course, I'll add more transitions when I'll get time enough. Unfortunally I'm preparing for school exams :(

Also I fixed german localization mistake, thanks against Knochen1981.

Sebo1985

Sep 3, 2008
Since my device is always about 5 to 10 seconds behind in showing the right line it would be nice if i could readjust the right timespot by just pressing the line in which the song is right now.

And how about making it possible to scroll? Not as normal setting but as an option.

Reactions: Useless guy

Useless guy

Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
Where is the app memory stored in the songs I found ?

Sorry, i didn't understand your question. Mb you want to ask where does apllication store lyrics?

Since my device is always about 5 to 10 seconds behind in showing the right line it would be nice if i could readjust the right timespot by just pressing the line in which the song is right now.

And how about making it possible to scroll? Not as normal setting but as an option.

Thank you! That was a my mistake, sorry. Stupid regression... I solved this issue in version 1.4, it passes certification.
Anyway you can adjust offset using arrows up and down at the bottom border of screen.

Scroll using fingers? Certainly! But managed implementation of controls (particularly ListBox) cannot give user comfortable perfomance (even using virtualization). Microsoft promised us, that at Mango update ListBox will be more faster.

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
Just tried your program, unfortunately your app and Lyrics don't have the lyrics for 90% of the songs on my phone. I'm not a programmer so I have no clue if you guys are linking to databases or your own. I had a program on WM that would search sites for lyrics. Someone here on XDA made it and by contrast found 90% of my songs. Ironically, most are the same songs on my Focus.

Useless guy

Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
Just tried your program, unfortunately your app and Lyrics don't have the lyrics for 90% of the songs on my phone. I'm not a programmer so I have no clue if you guys are linking to databases or your own. I had a program on WM that would search sites for lyrics. Someone here on XDA made it and by contrast found 90% of my songs. Ironically, most are the same songs on my Focus.

You can place your own lyrics in that folder using TouchXplorer (but i see you have a Samsung device).
Can you post here link to this app?
Regards!

Sebo1985

Sep 3, 2008
Mh, it gets kind of frustrating.
While the program itself works like a charm, there are very few lyrics built in. Especially new indie artists aren't available. Newer release with a not-available-rate close to 100%.

Which database do you use? What can be done to improve the situation? What are you doing to improve that situation?

Useless guy

Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
Mh, it gets kind of frustrating.
While the program itself works like a charm, there are very few lyrics built in. Especially new indie artists aren't available. Newer release with a not-available-rate close to 100%.

Which database do you use? What can be done to improve the situation? What are you doing to improve that situation?

Lyrics editor will be soon, with the next update.

Reactions: ehsan_h6182

Sebo1985

Sep 3, 2008
It's not just about a lyrics editor, there's actually a huge amount of missing lyrics, it won't be possible to add a significant amount of them with a pretty small community like the one here.

Useless guy

Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
It's not just about a lyrics editor, there's actually a huge amount of missing lyrics, it won't be possible to add a significant amount of them with a pretty small community like the one here.

Mb you just have songs with wrong tags? Try using manual search, because i have lyrics even for demo and ureleased tracks (linkin park).

Sebo1985

Sep 3, 2008
My music is perfectly, almost pedantic tagged.

I will give you some examples:

Artist - Song

Planningtorock - All songs
Home Video - An Accident
Mona - Cloak & Dagger (here only 1 song can be found for Mona)
Aereogramme - Conscious life for coma boy (only 3 songs can be found)
Elbow - The birds (some of the elder songs can be found, but only the single of the new album)

And it goes on and on.The first 3 are actual quite new albums (but already released), with Mona being pretty much of a hype.
Aereogramme is from 2007 or so.
Elbow is appr. 1 month old, but was a highly awaited album esp. in GB. The predecessor which was very successful is in the database almost complete.

I didn't have to search for those examples, these were the first 4 bands I tried to find lyrics for.

In common I have the feeling that often there are only the singles in the database, not the entire album.

Last edited:

Useless guy

Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
My music is perfectly, almost pedantic tagged.

I will give you some examples:

Artist - Song

Planningtorock - All songs
Home Video - An Accident
Mona - Cloak & Dagger (here only 1 song can be found for Mona)
Aereogramme - Conscious life for coma boy (only 3 songs can be found)
Elbow - The birds (some of the elder songs can be found, but only the single of the new album)

And it goes on and on.The first 3 are actual pretty new album (but already released), with Mona being pretty much of a hype.
Aereogramme is from 2007 or so.
Elbow is appr. 1 month old, but a was highly awaited album esp. in GB. The predecessor which was pretty succesful is almost complete in the database.

I didn't have to search for those examples, these were the first 4 bands I tried to find lyrics for.

In common I have the feeling that often there are only the singles in the database, not the entire album.

Right... Try upload lyrics using MiniLyrics.

Sebo1985

Sep 3, 2008
I got 25GB of music, it's just not possible to upload all my lyrics.

The question is: Why not using a different, more common database for lyrics, or are those lyrics rehashed in a special way?

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
I will try out 1.6. To see if I have better luck. I'm still looking for that lyrics app, I used for WM 6.5

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! I want to introduce my application to you.
    Description from marketplace (my writing skills are too bit)
    *** Latest version of this application requires MANGO ***
    PicoLyrics is not just a simple lyrics application. It automatically scrolls the lyrics like karaoke, so you can just launch this application and enjoy!

FEATURES:
    • Seamless integration with the Music+Videos hub
    • Metro UI – Clean, Light, Open, Fast user interface
    • Support of the fast app switching
    • Huge database supported by community warrants that you’ll get the lyrics even for the fresh songs
    • Easy appearance customization
    • Adjusting offset of the lyrics
    • 10 minutes trial-version allows you to try this application before purchase
    Any suggestions, improvements and bugreports are welcome a lot.

Review by WPCentral (Version 1.1, very old):

df3b34b7.png
    78fec10b.png
    dc80218b.png

Source: WINDOWS PHONE APPLIST

Thank you for your attention and please accept my apologizes for my broken english.

Changelog
    Version 2.2 (requires Mango):
    • Sorry everyone for my mistake, i've uploaded an old version (2.0) instead of 2.1, so this version will work
    • Added ability to scroll song's title
    • Improved bugreporting process
    Version 2.1 (requires Mango):
    • Changed protocol to decrease server's load. Sorry for inconvenience.
    • Added switch to change application bar's size
    • Removed pre-caching ability. Sorry, but it overloads servers.
    Version 2.0 (requires Mango):
    • Significantly improved performance
    • Added support of the fast app switching
    • Landscape mode hides status bar and menu, providing more space for lyrics
    • Redesigned settings page
    • Fixed few bugs
    • Rewritten caching, now it uses MSSQL CE instead of the isolated storage
    • Optimized landscape animation, now it always smooth
    • Added Russian translation
    Version 1.6:
    • Redesigned settings page
    • Rewritten ListPicker and ToggleSwitch controls
    • Fixed search page bug
    • Redesigned main page's notifications
    • Decreased application size (~100 KB)
    Version 1.5:
    • Improved performance
    • Increased stability
    • Fixed many bugs
    • Added default text for search fields
    • Rewritten caching
    • Added ability to download all lyrics at once (download cache button)
    • Added lines’ transitions switch
    • Fixed bug occurring on fast track switching
    Version 1.4:
    • Fixed scrolling regression, sorry
    • Fixed german localization inaccuracy, thanks again Knochen1981.
    Version 1.3:
    • Fixed german localization mistake, thanks again Knochen1981.
    Version 1.2:
    • Added German translation, thanks to XDA’s member Knochen1981
    • Fixed many bugs
    • Improved performance
    • Added lockscreen switch
    • Maximum font size depends on phone’s RAM (256 MB-512 MB – 42 pt., 512MB and greater – 56 pt.)
    • Search dialog supports landscape orientation
    • Smoother page transitions and orientation changes animations.
    • Decreased application size
    • Added support of sending bugreport
    Version 1.1:
    • Fixed crashing if lyrics are not found.
    • Added search dialog
    • Fixed few bugs
    • Decreased application size
    Picolyrics suddenly can't find ANY lyrics

I bought Picolyrics early in Jan and I love it. Unfortunately, about a week or two ago it started returning "Failed to find lyrics, press the "search" button in the main menu" FOR EVERY SONG. Even those that had worked before.

I tried clearing the cache and resintalling the app (a few times) but that didn't help.

I did have a app crash on 1/28/2012 and the dump was sent to you automatically. I have attached it here for your convenience.

Thanks,
    dt
    No longer connecting

Hi,

My Mozart has been updated with Mango, then I received a pico lyrics update and now it gives me the message

Failed to connect to the server, check your internet connection

Have deleted cache, reinstalled the app to no avail. Clearly my internet connection is fine other than in this app.

Is there a problem with your server or has the upgrades created a repairable glitch?

Cheers

Penfold49
    Very nice map, it works as advertised. Couple of requests:
    - There should be an option to cancel screen lock when you use the app (unless I missed that)
    -I would like to be able to chose a background and font colour. I like the dark theme of the official Twitter app so that sort of blue would be very nice.