FIXED I'm trying to rename files on card but root explorer is refusing to allow.

Search This thread

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
I searched and tried updating busy box yet re isn't letting me rename downloaded files. It won't let me if I try on internal memory or SD card. I got mp3 files that weren't named with similar conventions as other files. Legally downloaded but the files weren't named similarly. My OCD is pissing me off! If I have root and busy box installed, I "should" be able to do whatever the hell I want! I tried a different, forgot the name, file manager than root explorer. ES, just remembered. Still no go!

Last edited:

w8setter

Dec 5, 2011
rockingham
First download root checker from playstore, to insure root...Secondly what android version are you on kitkat or jellybean?..Thirdly open up superuser & on the apps tab click root explorer and select forget, then retry renaming files...Also make sure binaries are updated thru supersu and both root explorer and supersu are up to date...

Hope this helps...

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
I figured it out. Capitalization isn't seen as a filename change. If I add a letter to the name, then save, then rename to what I wanted, then it works. Yeah an extra step but it works. Say the file is named 01. intro.mp3. I want to capitalize the i. I change it to a01. intro.mp3. Next I rename it again to 01. Intro.mp3. It accepts the filename change then.

Last edited:
Reactions: w8setter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured it out. Capitalization isn't seen as a filename change. If I add a letter to the name, then save, then rename to what I wanted, then it works. Yeah an extra step but it works. Say the file is named 01. intro.mp3. I want to capitalize the i. I change it to a01. intro.mp3. Next I rename it again to 01. Intro.mp3. It accepts the filename change then.