Search This thread

arif-ali

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2007
Sheffield
blog.arif-ali.co.uk
Introduction

Welcome to the Unofficial CyanogenMod Nightlies for the Samsung Galaxy S II

The build is compiled from the latest cyanogen/github repos using the slightly tweaked device and c1-common files.

Notes

This build is Unofficial work, not related to teamhacksung or CyanogenMod nightlies. Please do not report bugs to teamhacksung or CyanogenMod for anything that is provided as part of this thread. I created this so that we all can updates to anything that CyanogenMod updates, bug fixes or enhancements. If at any time teamhacksung or CyanogenMod re-start their nightlies I may be requested by them to bring this thread down.

Use this at your own risk. I will not be accountable if this causes you phone to fail, or you lose your data. The backup of your data is your responsibility.

General Info

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 01:01 GMT, and by 02:00 GMT the builds should be uploaded. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and I will have a look at it ASAP.

I use this as my daily driver, so I will know if it didn't compile; so please don't add another post to mention the fact it isn't compiled.

Below You will find Download Links for Each Build and Instructions on how to install it.

Download

ROM: download (Download the lastest zip for galaxys2 from the list)
GAPPS: Google Apps

Known Issues:

* You Tell Me

Addition added by me

* Tablet tweaks

Pre-requisites

* Rooted phone
* CWM (This build will automaticllay upgrade to latest one available at the time)
(Download this zImage, and flash with Odin or Heimdall)

ChangeLog

* http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z
* http://github.com/arif-ali/android_device_samsung_galaxys2
* http://github.com/arif-ali/android_device_samsung_c1-common

Thanks/Credits

• teamhacksung - All the device files on github
  • CyanogenMod - For starting this great project
  • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

All comments/suggestions are welcome

Last edited:

dave6018

Dec 4, 2009
Anybody had problems with android market freezing the phone resulting in a battery pull

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

lutanica

Jul 9, 2008
lately, every single nightly or nightly-based rom has had that issue which is buggering me to death. I would donate a juicy amount to someone who could fix this one.

Anybody had problems with android market freezing the phone resulting in a battery pull

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

arif-ali

Nov 14, 2007
Sheffield
blog.arif-ali.co.uk
lately, every single nightly or nightly-based rom has had that issue which is buggering me to death. I would donate a juicy amount to someone who could fix this one.

Personally I've had my phone for 3 weeks, I have never seen this problem myself. The best way to diagnose this is getting logcats, dmesgs etc...

Or what exact actions are you taking for this to happen.

lutanica

Jul 9, 2008
Personally I've had my phone for 3 weeks, I have never seen this problem myself. The best way to diagnose this is getting logcats, dmesgs etc...

Or what exact actions are you taking for this to happen.

just open the market, install some apps then go into my apps and open one of your installed apps' page and scroll up and down, rather quickly for about 5-10 secs. then you get the freeze.

arif-ali

Nov 14, 2007
Sheffield
blog.arif-ali.co.uk
just open the market, install some apps then go into my apps and open one of your installed apps' page and scroll up and down, rather quickly for about 5-10 secs. then you get the freeze.

Well, ok, I tried that exact same thing, and I had no issues.

OK, while you are doing this on your phone, start a logcat, and get the output of that until it freezes. That is the best way to figure out what the issue is.

Then pastebin it, and report back with the logs

D.O.C

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jun 24, 2006
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
Arif!!!!, welcome, glad to see you here!.
Arif, have u got as skilled with zimages recoveries as when back on the hd2 days? We would really appreciatte some tips :).
Welcome bro!

Reactions: arif-ali

arif-ali

Nov 14, 2007
Sheffield
blog.arif-ali.co.uk
Arif!!!!, welcome, glad to see you here!.
Arif, have u got as skilled with zimages recoveries as when back on the hd2 days? We would really appreciatte some tips :).
Welcome bro!

It's the first thing I did was to try compiling/flashing cwm for sgs2. But it seems a bit tricky. Sgs2 has a totally different way of doing things where the recovery, ramdisk and the kernel are all infused together.

I will keep trying anyway, as I would like to port over twrp, as I did for the hd2 community.

I've only had my device for 3 weeks. So give me time, and I will figure it out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

arif-ali

Nov 14, 2007
Sheffield
blog.arif-ali.co.uk

Right, now I know EXACTLY the problem you have. It doesn't only happen with the market.

Basically, if you wait long enough, the phone reboots and comes into a state where the battery icon comes up with yellow triangle exclamation Mark and thermometer. I thought this was my phone hehe.

Maybe worth looking at a different kernel

I will investigate, and see what I can find

Reactions: OCmylife and af974

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Welcome to the Unofficial CyanogenMod Nightlies for the Samsung Galaxy S II

The build is compiled from the latest cyanogen/github repos using the slightly tweaked device and c1-common files.

Notes

This build is Unofficial work, not related to teamhacksung or CyanogenMod nightlies. Please do not report bugs to teamhacksung or CyanogenMod for anything that is provided as part of this thread. I created this so that we all can updates to anything that CyanogenMod updates, bug fixes or enhancements. If at any time teamhacksung or CyanogenMod re-start their nightlies I may be requested by them to bring this thread down.

Use this at your own risk. I will not be accountable if this causes you phone to fail, or you lose your data. The backup of your data is your responsibility.

General Info

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 01:01 GMT, and by 02:00 GMT the builds should be uploaded. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and I will have a look at it ASAP.

I use this as my daily driver, so I will know if it didn't compile; so please don't add another post to mention the fact it isn't compiled.

Below You will find Download Links for Each Build and Instructions on how to install it.

Download

ROM: download (Download the lastest zip for galaxys2 from the list)
    GAPPS: Google Apps

Known Issues:

* You Tell Me

Addition added by me

* Tablet tweaks

Pre-requisites

* Rooted phone
    * CWM (This build will automaticllay upgrade to latest one available at the time)
    (Download this zImage, and flash with Odin or Heimdall)

ChangeLog

* http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z
    * http://github.com/arif-ali/android_device_samsung_galaxys2
    * http://github.com/arif-ali/android_device_samsung_c1-common

Thanks/Credits

• teamhacksung - All the device files on github
    • CyanogenMod - For starting this great project
    • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

All comments/suggestions are welcome
    I will try to put an update tonight, in my usual place

OK, my server is now in place, and the latest one is now compiled and uploaded.

Hopefully, the nightlies will continue from now on.

enjoy ;) :p
    arif-ali is possible when a new rom is compiled you post the latest change according to http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2?

It will be done automatically

Infact it is probably going to start compiling in 10 mins