Office and PDF File Uploader

Search This thread

piaqt

Jan 5, 2010
New York City
Found a xap for adobe reader. Installed it. Uploader recognized it and the whole thing works! Props to Heathcliff and Chevronlabs and schaps and you, for making my phone more like MY phone.

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
Dude, it worked!! I'm on a HTC Trophy with v2/v3 drivers that restricted certain reg entries and won't let WPDM or Touch explorer even see the My Documents folder. How did you do this?

Great to know it helped. The office upload part actually leveraged the same hole as the recent Samsung Zip unlock (WindowBreak project).

mowking

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Thunder and thank you for your application.

I have a question. I installed the software and I could upload word or pdf files to the phone (it's a Lumia 800).
I can actually see those files in the Office hub and I am able to open the office files imported.
I see the pdf files in the hub but am unable to open them. It's says something like "path error".

I am confused, is that normal that I cant' open the pdfs or not?
I did reinstall Adobe Reader as a xap soft.

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
Hi Thunder and thank you for your application.

I have a question. I installed the software and I could upload word or pdf files to the phone (it's a Lumia 800).
I can actually see those files in the Office hub and I am able to open the office files imported.
I see the pdf files in the hub but am unable to open them. It's says something like "path error".

I am confused, is that normal that I cant' open the pdfs or not?
I did reinstall Adobe Reader as a xap soft.

According to what @contable mentioned, open PDF file from Office Hub worked in Nodo. And it does not work anymore after Mango. This should be something MS changed during Mango. If you want to upload PDF files, you should install and XAP version of Adobe Reader and then upload through the PDF tab in my application. PDFs upload that way will appear in Adobe Reader directly.

mowking

Nov 10, 2007
According to what @contable mentioned, open PDF file from Office Hub worked in Nodo. And it does not work anymore after Mango. This should be something MS changed during Mango. If you want to upload PDF files, you should install and XAP version of Adobe Reader and then upload through the PDF tab in my application. PDFs upload that way will appear in Adobe Reader directly.

Thank's Thunder, sorry to bother you.
I installed an XAP version of Adobe Reader.
In your application, when I plug the phone, it says in the bottom dialog-box:

"Connected. CReader not detected on the phone.
Connected. Found Adobe PDF Reader on the phone.
Access Denied"

In the PDF Tab of your apllication, none of the 4 buttons are usable (Add, Delte Rename, Refresh). Still, if I do a right-click in the blank area, I can chose to add a PDF file. But then, I get the "Access denied" message.

In the Office Tab, I can choose a pdf file to upload. I am successful in doing so and it says "Office file upload finished".
But, when I try to open it on the phone I got the "invalid file path" error.

Do you think it's related to a wrong adobe reader .xap version, or is it related to the phone?
i have a Nokia Lumia 800, chevron unlocked, only. (it is not interop-unlocked, but I have to admit I didn't quite understand what it does)

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
Thank's Thunder, sorry to bother you.
I installed an XAP version of Adobe Reader.
In your application, when I plug the phone, it says in the bottom dialog-box:

"Connected. CReader not detected on the phone.
Connected. Found Adobe PDF Reader on the phone.
Access Denied"

In the PDF Tab of your apllication, none of the 4 buttons are usable (Add, Delte Rename, Refresh). Still, if I do a right-click in the blank area, I can chose to add a PDF file. But then, I get the "Access denied" message.

In the Office Tab, I can choose a pdf file to upload. I am successful in doing so and it says "Office file upload finished".
But, when I try to open it on the phone I got the "invalid file path" error.

Do you think it's related to a wrong adobe reader .xap version, or is it related to the phone?
i have a Nokia Lumia 800, chevron unlocked, only. (it is not interop-unlocked, but I have to admit I didn't quite understand what it does)

Don't know where the "Access Denied" come from. But for this tool, the most common reason of error comes from a reduced or say simplified version of the SDK. You may want to install the full version of 7.1 SDK and have a try again.

In the next version, I may add better exception control so that we can understand the details of the exception better.

mowking

Nov 10, 2007
But for this tool, the most common reason of error comes from a reduced or say simplified version of the SDK. You may want to install the full version of 7.1 SDK and have a try again.

So, I removed SDK 7.1 beta from my computer to install the latest version and guess what?

The upload of PDF files via its dedicated Tab works like a charm!

Thank you for your help.

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
Dude, it worked!! I'm on a HTC Trophy with v2/v3 drivers that restricted certain reg entries and won't let WPDM or Touch explorer even see the My Documents folder. How did you do this?

There is a Microsoft bug which allows installing files to many folders, including My Documents folder.

Many existing hacks are leveraging this bug. I just build an application to automize it.

fede1966

Sep 30, 2009
Help me please

10 minutes ago I've downloaded BookUploader_2.1. I run BookUploader.exe, in the folder, but doesn't work my pc (OS 7) tell me bookUploader has stopped working. I can't use the app. ciao:confused:

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
10 minutes ago I've downloaded BookUploader_2.1. I run BookUploader.exe, in the folder, but doesn't work my pc (OS 7) tell me bookUploader has stopped working. I can't use the app. ciao:confused:

The first thing you should check is the version of SDK you installed. Most time the error is caused by some compact version of SDK. Try installing the full 7.1 SDK.

fede1966

Sep 30, 2009
Issues

I have an unlocked terminal. I've installed sk7.1. I run Zune, after the sync run BookUploader 2.1 but the error message is:
connection error! Make sure your terminal in unlocked. The emulator work without errors:confused:
ciao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to share a desktop tool I build which can upload Office files to Office Hub based on Heathcliff74's work.

Steps to use:Extract all files and run the EXE file.

1. Connect
    2. Go to office tab
    3. Click the upload button. Select office files you want to upload
    4. The file will appear in Office hub on the phone. You may need to close Office hub by "Back" key to refresh the view.

One interesting thing I notice is that we can also deploy PDF files to My Documents and Office Hub will recognize it and assign a red color for PDF files. Office Hub will even launch Adobe Reader. Unfortunately, Adobe Reader does not have access permission to My Document and will return an error.

What could that mean? MS planned to give Adobe a backdoor but Adobe failed to deliver it?

2012.01.06. Updated a new version (2.1) with PDF support. You must install Adobe Reader using XAP to make it work. Adobe Reader installed from MarketPlace won't work. You may get the XAP from http://www.mediafire.com/?848nhfde7hqsqww according to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1317357, who provides a similiar PDF uploader application.
    @Thunder

Thanks for this app !

I know that you can´t launch pdf´s if they are stored in My Documents folder but you can share them via email (Storage Device => long press).

Could you release a version which copies pdf´s to My Documents folder or to both folders (isostorage of adope reader and My Documents folder) ?

Thanks in advance.

contable

If you want to upload PDF to my documents, in the file open dialog for Office files, you can click the file type drop down and there is an option for PDF. If you select an PDF file there, it will be uploaded to My Documents. I don't think many people want to upload to both locations.
    If you want to upload PDF to my documents, in the file open dialog for Office files, you can click the file type drop down and there is an option for PDF. If you select an PDF file there, it will be uploaded to My Documents. I don't think many people want to upload to both locations.

Thanks, I didn´t see the pdf option... so forget my request.

Too bad that you can´t open the files with Adope reader. On NoDo it was possible, but with Mango update MS has changed something.