[DEV STOPPED] Touch The Music - Guitar Hero for Windows Mobile

Search This thread

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
Its okay, my dear friend.
Dont need to be so perfect, its still a beta.

release it out, see what people think, than let other developers help you with the rough edges.

Remember to put in versions, so its easier to track. Btw, im using Elfin too!

It's not even beta, so, don't expect the full package soon eheh :p
I prefer having a solid release than call 1.0 to an incomplete game.

Patience shall be rewarded, I promise! We're slowly exploring all the potential of the concept.

So what do we currently have? Any song in the cab that we can play?

A cab with the first (probably monotonous) track will be available soon (matter of days), as we're handling some last minute details and some new graphics. We're only 2 people (artist + programmer) and we have our studies too, so, development can sometimes be slow, but not stalled! :)

Thanks for all the interest, guys!

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
The first song will probably be The Hives - Tick Tick Boom ;)
I'll change that if I get the time, though.

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
Shoddy did a great job with the background animations, so now we just need a resize of the notes :D
As soon as I get them I'll make the cabs :)

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
Will have a WQVGA version?

Not for now, but I guess you can use those programs that create a false QVGA window. Try that when it comes out or on the old versions.

After the feature freeze for the impending testcabs I'll work on that first thing, I promise.

Also, sorry for the time to upload the cabs, I've already received the notes but still haven't tested them properly, I'm swamped with work from college!

Shouldn't take long, though, I'm thinking tomorrow I'll be able to upload them.

jeremy89632

Jun 8, 2008
Singapore
www.jeremygohblog.com
Not for now, but I guess you can use those programs that create a false QVGA window. Try that when it comes out or on the old versions.

After the feature freeze for the impending testcabs I'll work on that first thing, I promise.

Also, sorry for the time to upload the cabs, I've already received the notes but still haven't tested them properly, I'm swamped with work from college!

Shouldn't take long, though, I'm thinking tomorrow I'll be able to upload them.

Fantastic.
Im able to help to test if needed.
Even if to host the cabs.

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
Cabs are UP!
Hope you enjoy them ;) Any comments please feel free to post them here.
Support us by saying if it works well on your device or not, and what device it is :)

ashburn

Sep 25, 2008
Singapore
hey arlanthir, i got a good idea... why not u design one that is more like Tap Tap Coldplay instead of Tap Tap Revenge hehe i kinda like the tap tap coldplay edition button style.... hehe its just an idea ^^, btw good work.

the330ballers

Nov 23, 2007
good game it takes awhile after pressing play.. i have the fuze.. you need to put sololuna as one of the songs when u make the actual game

MarkRain

Jan 8, 2009
wow this is fantastic!!i hope it will support square screen soon, 'cause i love it!!
in 320x320 the background is in fullscreen, but the "notes" are on the left, i think as they should be on a normal qvga.

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
Awesome! Looks great in vga. Now if you could only release a notes editor ;) for pc and/or mobile. It would be awesome! I'm thinking you're already hoping to add a folder search/tiers/directories when you have multiple tracks. And I also think it'll be a good idea to do tiers like in Guitar Hero and have a config file that allows you to make and share your own tiers. Maybe even instead of using Track1 and track2 as names, use whatever the file is named.

NeoGreendawg

Dec 14, 2007
near Toulouse
I don't know if this was expected as it's a very early release but I had a few problems :
The options menu doesn't work.
There seems to be no way to pause the song or stop the game before the end of the game (I just missed two calls because of it).

On the positive side, the design is great (perfect for the Diamond), it's nice and responsive and I love how you can push down below the fret bar so you can get your timing just right (I was worried you'd be hiding it with your thumbs).

In other words, thanks for the game and keep up the great work !!!

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
I don't know if this was expected as it's a very early release but I had a few problems :
The options menu doesn't work.
There seems to be no way to pause the song or stop the game before the end of the game (I just missed two calls because of it).

On the positive side, the design is great (perfect for the Diamond), it's nice and responsive and I love how you can push down below the fret bar so you can get your timing just right (I was worried you'd be hiding it with your thumbs).

In other words, thanks for the game and keep up the great work !!!

I had the same problems, but I expected it was to be added on later ;) Since they're obvious problems. All games should have options, insturctions/help, and a pause menu/pause screen.

Top Liked Posts