[Q] Why the MTK 6589 USB Vcom port disapear after 2 second?

Search This thread

Sohan_Saymum

Jan 28, 2014
Dhaka
soundcloud.com
I am trying to upgrade my Canvas HD 20 Android 4.2.1. But, everytime I connect the phone with my pc, the "MTK6589 USB Vcom port" appears for only 2 second in the device manager, then it's gone. And the "Device Disconnect Sound" is played. So, I cant flash the ROM. what's going wrong? I have followed every steps in this tutorial.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2308431

I have Tried in different PCs and with different Data Cables. But same problem exists. And, I had no problem with this cable while sharing files with my pc. I used this cable for Mass Storage.
I figured that, the connection problem I have described previously is the main cause of this mess. can anyone help me out with this?????

Last edited:

touji

Jul 9, 2007
papua
I am trying to upgrade my Canvas HD 20 Android 4.2.1. But, everytime I connect the phone with my pc, the "MTK6589 USB Vcom port" appears for only 2 second in the device manager, then it's gone. And the "Device Disconnect Sound" is played. So, I cant flash the ROM. what's going wrong? I have followed every steps in this tutorial.

I have Tried in different PCs and with different Data Cables. But same problem exists. And, I had no problem with this cable while sharing files with my pc. I used this cable for Mass Storage.
I figured that, the connection problem I have described previously is the main cause of this mess. can anyone help me out with this?????

have you tried put the battery inside and after that plugin to usb for flashtool to detect, because my phone is not detected in flashtool if its without battery inside

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Did anyone get a solution to this issue? I am totally stumped and not sure how to revive this device when there is no obvious solution to the driver fault. People seem to pretend that this issue doesn't exist or that users are doing things incorrect....I am following instructions to a T and still I get the driver dropout issue. This is SOOOO frustrating. It connects and detects, then before I can do anything it disconnects. What freakin drivers work for the MTK6589? I was told that all MTK devices use the same drivers....well I have tried literally 15-20 different driver downloads and NONE of them work! NONE! They ALL have the same issue of connect and then disconnect. Yes I have USB debugging enabled. Yes I have tried battery out and then battery in. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Please if anyone can help me with drivers that work I would very very very much appreciate.....otherwise this devices is pretty much a brick (I am a long time Android user not a n00b btw).
For reference....the device came to me to be translated to English from Chinese. I did this mostly but made a mistake with one line in the build.prop. Now it won't boot. There is no custom recovery available for this device so I have no other option but to reflash the device.....IF only I could get it to detect for more that 2 freaking seconds I would try with the backup I made before modifying the thing!

Reactions: BroncoP

niki_help

Oct 16, 2011
MTK 6589 VCOM port disconnecting

Hello,
I have the same problem. I did everything discribed in forums. The driver of MT Preloader Vcom port is installed correctly. I tested with different cables and different OS (XP and Windows 7 32 bit) and differenet computers.... SP Flash Tool says that:
BROM ERROR : S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004)
[H/W] Fail to download DA to baseband chip's internal SRAM
[HINT]: 1. There's an cable communication problem between FlashTool and BootROM.
2. Target might be shutdown unexpectedly or target lost power supply.
[ACTION]
1. Try again.
2. Proceed H/W checking in download cable and target side com port.
3. Monitor if power-drop occured in target side.
At some reason COM port is constantly disconnecting and connecting without establishing permanent connection with SP Flash Tool. The red bar pops up and shows that message on hitting download button on the Flash Tool.

Any idea?

niki_help

Oct 16, 2011
MTK 6589 connect/disconnect

Did anyone get a solution to this issue? I am totally stumped and not sure how to revive this device when there is no obvious solution to the driver fault. People seem to pretend that this issue doesn't exist or that users are doing things incorrect....I am following instructions to a T and still I get the driver dropout issue. This is SOOOO frustrating. It connects and detects, then before I can do anything it disconnects. What freakin drivers work for the MTK6589? I was told that all MTK devices use the same drivers....well I have tried literally 15-20 different driver downloads and NONE of them work! NONE! They ALL have the same issue of connect and then disconnect. Yes I have USB debugging enabled. Yes I have tried battery out and then battery in. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Please if anyone can help me with drivers that work I would very very very much appreciate.....otherwise this devices is pretty much a brick (I am a long time Android user not a n00b btw).
For reference....the device came to me to be translated to English from Chinese. I did this mostly but made a mistake with one line in the build.prop. Now it won't boot. There is no custom recovery available for this device so I have no other option but to reflash the device.....IF only I could get it to detect for more that 2 freaking seconds I would try with the backup I made before modifying the thing!

Hello,
The connecting and disconnecting is normal for MTK devices in Device Manager. You don't have to panic. All you need is to be very fast when you see in your computer - Device Manager - MTK Preloader - click with right button - properties - driver - update driver - choose from specific location - next - browse for the file and then install the driver from the directory where you have put it. You have to see Windows Message that your driver is not digitally signed and press Continue.
Don't pay attention that MTK is connecting and disconnecting. When you install the driver it must be shown up(and of course disappear in 2 seconds) in LPT ports - MTEK VCOM Port or something like that. You are ready.
If you have installed a bunch of different drivers use the program USBdeview (goolge it)and unistall all MTK Preload drivers you have already installed.
Then you are ready to flash backup files with SP Flash Tool.

Reactions: alecxs

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Hey guys,

Guess what?! I FOUND THE ANSWER!!! The disconnect is by design. The device is not actually meant to stay connected. I will explain why later but first I will direct you towards the correct information to get you back up and running again.

Follow this guide step by step BUT READ EVERY STEP EVER SO CAREFULLY.... also take note of the points below that I am going to emphasise that AREN'T emphasised anywhere in any other tutorials I have followed
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982587

The part that is not emphasised is this
Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

In both cases the word 'and' should be replaced with the word 'THEN' so that people will understand.

What isn't really mentioned on any tutorials is that the MTK6589 is different to how you flash other mediatek devices with SPFlashTool; why? Because you MUST put the battery back in before you flash unlike other MTK devices where they explicitly say DO NOT put it in and/or that you should flash without the battery in place. THIS IS INCORRECT!

Next thing to emphasise is this: You must have the phone disconnected when you click on the download button inside SPFlashTool. You press download then you put the battery back in your phone with the USB connected to the phone., wait and when the download part finishes (only a few seconds) THEN you plug the phone in to the computer (yes with the battery still in place) but do not switch the phone on.
When the phone is detected by Windows and starts to load the drivers like it usually does and then disconnects...well what happens now is that when it loads drivers for a second SPFLashTool engages the phone and holds open the connection. It will pause for a couple of seconds (but you will notice it doesn't disconnect) and then SPFlashTool will show a red/orange progress bar that goes quickly....then it will write the firmware when you see the yellow progress bar.

Something to note here (I downloaded literally hundreds of drivers by the way) that you only need 1 driver and that is the one mentioned in the tutorial.

You don't need to do all the bullsh!t with device manager and removing drivers etc with USBDview....this should only be if the phone doesn't read initially as MTK65xx preloader OR doesn't end up registering as MediaTek DA USB VCOM.

So I will explain...when you plug it in on a clean WIndows 7 PC for he first time it will appear as MTK65xx preloader under device manager under unknown device and Windows will attempt to download the correct drivers and then fail. This is normal. DO NOT GO AND INSTALL PDANET DRIVERS!!! This doesn't work. Yes the drivers ARE more stable and don't disconnect nearly as much as the other MediTek drivers, however what this does is register the devices as an Android ADB device, and allows you to use ADB. We want to use SPFlashTool, not ADB at the moment. Installing other MediaTek drivers after PDANet for some reason causes a conflict and interferes with communication with the device?? I suspect that this is what was causing much of the issues I was experiencing? You may use the PDANet drivers after you have flashed via SPFlashTool if you cannot get an ADB connection, however in my case once the new firmware was written to the device and it was restored and fully functional; when I plugged it in the ADB drivers loaded automatically anyway;)

Ok next points to make. Unplug your device. Install the drivers (I have attached the ones that worked for me). NOTE: You may need to log in allowing unsigned drivers as mentioned in other tutorials. To do this you can use EasyBCD, go into advanced settings for the Windows 7 bootmenu entry and allow the use of unsigned drivers and put a wait of say 10seconds on the menu count down (in stock form Windows has assigned 30 seconds but standard it bypasses the boot menu - this makes it harder to press the F8 key during boot up). After finishing in EasyBCD reboot and when you come to the Windows boot menu press F8 anyway and choose allow use of unsigned drivers. This is a just in case thing.
Get EasyBCD from HERE
Once in Windows, plug in your device WITH THE BATTERY IN and device switched off. Open Windows device manager (a quick way is type devmgmt.msc in Start menu or Run menu from the start menu - if you search for the management console by full file name you can right click the devmgmt.msc and pin it to the Start menu ;) this is what I have done).
In device manager you NEED to see the device registered as MediaTek DA USB VCOM. If it is not appearing push the volume up button + but keep the phone OFF. When it appears for just a second make sure it is MediaTek DA USB VCOM. *This is important* It must NOT be registered as Preloader or any other MediaTek driver ie. Preloader USB VCOM port OR MediaTek USB VCOM (Android) etc. IT MUST BE MediaTek DA USB VCOM Just look for the one that has DA in the name and is a VCOM driver. This is the driver we want:good:
Not_these.png

Ok here is where I will mention that USBDview removal of drivers is not necessary and does absolutely nothing anyway because Windows 7 remembers every single driver you have installed regardless of the fact that you have removed/uninstalled and even checked the box delete drivers or what ever. It doesn't matter...every driver you have ever tried will be in the device driver list. USBDview is only good for unregistering the device association with a registered driver. It doesn't remove drivers.

So now where was I? Ahh right, yep. When you plug in your device (switched off and the battery in place) and it appears momentarily in device manager it must be MediaTek DA USB VCOM, If not Or if it disappeared too fast; just push the volume up button again and this time as it appears quickly, click to expand the (PORTS COM &LPT) listing, then quickly right click the MediaTek listing and go to Update Driver Software. You may need to do this several times to get it. Unplugging the USB from the PC and plugging it back in again may help. Resist the urge to search for new drivers as the device IS actually detected but not as a PORTS COM &LPT, and doing so will be fruitless as you will only assign the incorrect drivers to the incorrect function. So unplug and replug it in again pressing volume up.
Note: It does not matter if the device disconnects and disappears out of Device Manager when you are in the Upgrade Device Driver software menu....this is normal. The most important point here is that the correct driver is being registered to the correct device function (pressing the volume up button).
The device needs to appear as MediaTek DA USB VCOM and this must be registered specifically to the (PORTS COM &LPT) in device manager. If it lists elsewhere as a USB device and has the MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver assigned to it, then you need to uninstall the driver from the device listing and start again. Don't go looking for more drivers PLEASE!

Click for explanation
Ok I will digress again for a moment to explain why all this is so important and what many of us are not realising especially with all the tutorials around; the important point here is that MediaTek devices may be listed many numerous devices in device manager and this is normal. They could be an ADB android device, a MediaTek USB Port version etc and these are not the functions we want to use for flashing with SPFlashTool are they? I know when I plug in my Galaxy S3 it loads at least 5 different drivers! Same with these devices.
We need to have the (PORTS COM &LPT) registered as MediaTek DA USB VCOM and this ONLY achieved when we press the volume up button!! If the device disappears from the list after plugging it in and appears as something else and then we register the MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver to this function we are likely trying to use the MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver to load the MediaTek USB Port function and this is obviously NOT the protocol that SPFlashTool is using to communicate with the device to write new firmware.

Ok I will continue now, once you have got into the Upgrade Driver Software menu, Go to 'Browse my computer for device software', Then select the second option 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer', just choose the 'show all' at the top of the list, Next you *should* see MediaTek DA USB VCOM listed in amongst various MediaTek drivers., select this one, However if you do not see MediaTek DA USB VCOM listed in the list there then uncheck the box next to 'Show compatible drivers' and it should now show a few more drivers. You may need to scroll in the right menu bar down to MediaTek.
You will be hit with an overwhelming list of MediaTek drivers! :eek: funny how even the drivers you previously removed are included in that list eh?
Select the required MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver from the list. If its not there (then and only then) you should try install another set of drivers and restart the process again. Try the drivers I have attached below first though.
At this point please resist the urge to click 'Have disk' then 'Browse' to and go scouting for a specific driver in the hopes that this will be the one; THIS IS WRONG! and should not be recommended like it is in just about every tutorial I have seen so far.

Once you have selected the driver as MediaTek DA USB VCOM and closed out of the menu you will notice that it has actually gone from the list in device manager? This is normal. The driver is only meant to appear when we do a specific thing and that is pressing the volume up button to write firmware using SPFlashTool and nothing else. As I mentioned earlier, this is by design. You will note that MediaTek devices, have these protocols USB Mass Storage, MTP, PTP, ADB and COM &LPT.

Now unplug your device. I would at this point do a reboot of Windows (again ensuring unsigned drivers by pressing F8 - just incase) when you come back into Windows, open device manager again. Keep the device off and have the battery in. Plug the MicroUSB end into the device first (it's easier - trust me you will understand when I explain). Now keeping it switched off but press and hold the the volume up button and then plug the cable into the PC USB port; watch as it registers inside device manager as MediaTek DA USB VCOM. When it does, disconnect the cable from the USB port.
Now Open SPFlashTool. Select the scatter file. Then uncheck the following from the list (Preloader, MBR1, EBR1, Uboot, Sec_Ro, Logo, EBR2 and FAT - note fat is for the internal sdcard). We want to write to system, recovery and boot pretty much.
Keep the device UNplugged. Click the download button. You will see the purple progress bar but for only a very brief moment. This is ok and is normal.
Now we do as we did before. Plug the MicroUSB end in first to your device. Have it switched off but with the battery in place. Press and hold the volume up + button and then plug the cable in to the PC USB port again. At this point you will hear the device register with Windows as you normally would however you should notice that it doesn't disconnect straight away like it normally does? This is because the MediaTek DA USB VCOM is registered to the PORTS COM &LPT and SPFlashTool is listening on this port.
Then shortly after progress with a Red/Orange bar. Then it will pause for a what seems like a long time.....leave the device plugged in!
Once you see the yellow progress bar you can breath with relief. Congratulations you have just revived your bricked device :good:

Last edited:

gauravkr

Jan 8, 2013
Bokaro Steel City
link?

Hey guys,

Guess what?! I FOUND THE ANSWER!!! The disconnect is by design. The device is not actually meant to stay connected. I will explain why later but first I will direct you towards the correct information to get you back up and running again.

Follow this guide step by step BUT READ EVERY STEP EVER SO CAREFULLY.... also take note of the points below that I am going to emphasise that AREN'T emphasised anywhere in any other tutorials I have followed

In both cases the word 'and' should be replaced with the word 'THEN' so that people will understand.

What isn't really mentioned on any tutorials is that the MTK6589 is different to how you flash other mediatek devices with SPFlashTool; why? Because you MUST put the battery back in before you flash unlike other MTK devices where they explicitly say DO NOT put it in and/or that you should flash without the battery in place. THIS IS INCORRECT!

Next thing to emphasise is this: You must have the phone disconnected when you click on the download button inside SPFlashTool. You press download then you put the battery back in your phone with the USB connected to the phone., wait and when the download part finishes (only a few seconds) THEN you plug the phone in to the computer (yes with the battery still in place) but do not switch the phone on.
When the phone is detected by Windows and starts to load the drivers like it usually does and then disconnects...well what happens now is that when it loads drivers for a second SPFLashTool engages the phone and holds open the connection. It will pause for a couple of seconds (but you will notice it doesn't disconnect) and then SPFlashTool will show a red/orange progress bar that goes quickly....then it will write the firmware when you see the yellow progress bar.

Something to note here (I downloaded literally hundreds of drivers by the way) that you only need 1 driver and that is the one mentioned in the tutorial.

You don't need to do all the bullsh!t with device manager and removing drivers etc with USBDview....this should only be if the phone doesn't read initially as MTK65xx preloader OR doesn't end up registering as MediaTek DA USB VCOM.

So I will explain...when you plug it in on a clean WIndows 7 PC for he first time it will appear as MTK65xx preloader under device manager under unknown device and Windows will attempt to download the correct drivers and then fail. This is normal. DO NOT GO AND INSTALL PDANET DRIVERS!!! This doesn't work. Yes the drivers ARE more stable and don't disconnect nearly as much as the other MediTek drivers, however what this does is register the devices as an Android ADB device, and allows you to use ADB. We want to use SPFlashTool, not ADB at the moment. Installing other MediaTek drivers after PDANet for some reason causes a conflict and interferes with communication with the device?? I suspect that this is what was causing much of the issues I was experiencing? You may use the PDANet drivers after you have flashed via SPFlashTool if you cannot get an ADB connection, however in my case once the new firmware was written to the device and it was restored and fully functional; when I plugged it in the ADB drivers loaded automatically anyway;)

Ok next points to make. Unplug your device. Install the drivers (I have attached the ones that worked for me). NOTE: You may need to log in allowing unsigned drivers as mentioned in other tutorials. To do this you can use EasyBCD, go into advanced settings for the Windows 7 bootmenu entry and allow the use of unsigned drivers and put a wait of say 10seconds on the menu count down (in stock form Windows has assigned 30 seconds but standard it bypasses the boot menu - this makes it harder to press the F8 key during boot up). After finishing in EasyBCD reboot and when you come to the Windows boot menu press F8 anyway and choose allow use of unsigned drivers. This is a just in case thing.
Get EasyBCD from HERE
Once in Windows, plug in your device WITH THE BATTERY IN and device switched off. Open Windows device manager (a quick way is type devmgmt.msc in Start menu or Run menu from the start menu - if you search for the management console by full file name you can right click the devmgmt.msc and pin it to the Start menu ;) this is what I have done).
In device manager you NEED to see the device registered as MediaTek DA USB VCOM. If it is not appearing push the volume up button + but keep the phone OFF. When it appears for just a second make sure it is MediaTek DA USB VCOM. *This is important* It must NOT be registered as Preloader or any other MediaTek driver ie. Preloader USB VCOM port OR MediaTek USB VCOM (Android) etc. IT MUST BE MediaTek DA USB VCOM Just look for the one that has DA in the name and is a VCOM driver. This is the driver we want:good:
Not_these.png

Ok here is where I will mention that USBDview removal of drivers is not necessary and does absolutely nothing anyway because Windows 7 remembers every single driver you have installed regardless of the fact that you have removed/uninstalled and even checked the box delete drivers or what ever. It doesn't matter...every driver you have ever tried will be in the device driver list. USBDview is only good for unregistering the device association with a registered driver. It doesn't remove drivers.

So now where was I? Ahh right, yep. When you plug in your device (switched off and the battery in place) and it appears momentarily in device manager it must be MediaTek DA USB VCOM, If not Or if it disappeared too fast; just push the volume up button again and this time as it appears quickly, click to expand the (PORTS COM &LPT) listing, then quickly right click the MediaTek listing and go to Update Driver Software. You may need to do this several times to get it. Unplugging the USB from the PC and plugging it back in again may help. Resist the urge to search for new drivers as the device IS actually detected but not as a PORTS COM &LPT, and doing so will be fruitless as you will only assign the incorrect drivers to the incorrect function. So unplug and replug it in again pressing volume up.
Note: It does not matter if the device disconnects and disappears out of Device Manager when you are in the Upgrade Device Driver software menu....this is normal. The most important point here is that the correct driver is being registered to the correct device function (pressing the volume up button).
The device needs to appear as MediaTek DA USB VCOM and this must be registered specifically to the (PORTS COM &LPT) in device manager. If it lists elsewhere as a USB device and has the MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver assigned to it, then you need to uninstall the driver from the device listing and start again. Don't go looking for more drivers PLEASE!

Click for explanation
Ok I will digress again for a moment to explain why all this is so important and what many of us are not realising especially with all the tutorials around; the important point here is that MediaTek devices may be listed many numerous devices in device manager and this is normal. They could be an ADB android device, a MediaTek USB Port version etc and these are not the functions we want to use for flashing with SPFlashTool are they? I know when I plug in my Galaxy S3 it loads at least 5 different drivers! Same with these devices.
We need to have the (PORTS COM &LPT) registered as MediaTek DA USB VCOM and this ONLY achieved when we press the volume up button!! If the device disappears from the list after plugging it in and appears as something else and then we register the MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver to this function we are likely trying to use the MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver to load the MediaTek USB Port function and this is obviously NOT the protocol that SPFlashTool is using to communicate with the device to write new firmware.

Ok I will continue now, once you have got into the Upgrade Driver Software menu, Go to 'Browse my computer for device software', Then select the second option 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer', just choose the 'show all' at the top of the list, Next you *should* see MediaTek DA USB VCOM listed in amongst various MediaTek drivers., select this one, However if you do not see MediaTek DA USB VCOM listed in the list there then uncheck the box next to 'Show compatible drivers' and it should now show a few more drivers. You may need to scroll in the right menu bar down to MediaTek.
You will be hit with an overwhelming list of MediaTek drivers! :eek: funny how even the drivers you previously removed are included in that list eh?
Select the required MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver from the list. If its not there (then and only then) you should try install another set of drivers and restart the process again. Try the drivers I have attached below first though.
At this point please resist the urge to click 'Have disk' then 'Browse' to and go scouting for a specific driver in the hopes that this will be the one; THIS IS WRONG! and should not be recommended like it is in just about every tutorial I have seen so far.

Once you have selected the driver as MediaTek DA USB VCOM and closed out of the menu you will notice that it has actually gone from the list in device manager? This is normal. The driver is only meant to appear when we do a specific thing and that is pressing the volume up button to write firmware using SPFlashTool and nothing else. As I mentioned earlier, this is by design. You will note that MediaTek devices, have these protocols USB Mass Storage, MTP, PTP, ADB and COM &LPT.

Now unplug your device. I would at this point do a reboot of Windows (again ensuring unsigned drivers by pressing F8 - just incase) when you come back into Windows, open device manager again. Keep the device off and have the battery in. Plug the MicroUSB end into the device first (it's easier - trust me you will understand when I explain). Now keeping it switched off but press and hold the the volume up button and then plug the cable into the PC USB port; watch as it registers inside device manager as MediaTek DA USB VCOM. When it does, disconnect the cable from the USB port.
Now Open SPFlashTool. Select the scatter file. Then uncheck the following from the list (Preloader, MBR1, EBR1, Uboot, Sec_Ro, Logo, EBR2 and FAT - note fat is for the internal sdcard). We want to write to system, recovery and boot pretty much.
Keep the device UNplugged. Click the download button. You will see the purple progress bar but for only a very brief moment. This is ok and is normal.
Now we do as we did before. Plug the MicroUSB end in first to your device. Have it switched off but with the battery in place. Press and hold the volume up + button and then plug the cable in to the PC USB port again. At this point you will hear the device register with Windows as you normally would however you should notice that it doesn't disconnect straight away like it normally does? This is because the MediaTek DA USB VCOM is registered to the PORTS COM &LPT and SPFlashTool is listening on this port.
Then shortly after progress with a Red/Orange bar. Then it will pause for a what seems like a long time.....leave the device plugged in!
Once you see the yellow progress bar you can breath with relief. Congratulations you have just revived your bricked device :good:

can you give us the link of the drivers you used? because every driver i have is preloader, not DA.

Droid-KE

Aug 28, 2014
Nairobi
Mediatek DA VCOM Port disconnects

Hi

I tried below and actually get the phone registered as Mediatek DA VCOM Port but it still disconnects when I connect after hitting download in SP Flash Tool and faile with error (2004)

Hey guys,

Get EasyBCD from HERE
Not_these.png

Click for explanation

greenro

Apr 20, 2015
Error 2004

I am getting BROM ERROR : S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004). I tried different USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0 and different PCs(I also tried with windows XP and Windows XP drivers). After I press download and connect the phone, SP-FlashTool won't "catch" the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port. It will disconnect and connect every 2 seconds, for 9 seconds, then it will give me that error. I couldn't make that port a MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port.
If anyone has an idea of what can I do to fix this, please tell me.
EDIT: Solved by renaming "checksum.ini" to "checksum.old"

Last edited:

boecima

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks mate, finally founded the solution :) whit the battery trick flashtool do wht has to do and THEN disconnect..

it is not the solution of my problem but is a big step , maybe you can help me , my problem is that my phone since back from US seems to have issue whit frequencies, I have line only every 20 meter , i mean if i walk for 10 meter i have full bar , next 10 little or no signal , i go back and have full bar , reading here and there could be the baseband, i have one for my jiayu g4b but dont know how to upload it whit flash-tool :( .

Wozik

Nov 23, 2007

Many thanks for this detailed description! I restored my device back from the dead. It was totally blacked out.

One thing that differs: I didn't see MediaTek DA USB VCOM in my device manager. It was either USB COM or MediaTek Preloader USB. Still I started to connect/disconnect the device and pressing "Download" button in Flash Tool as soon as the Preloader driver appeared. All of a sudden it changed to MediaTek DA USB VCOM and it worked like a charm!

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

uramino

Jan 3, 2016
my acer iconia b1-710 is stuck in android robot, "formating/data, i tried spft and all the things i have found on internet, i have MediaTek DA USB VCOM, but it disconnect every 2 seconds i reconected to my pc, i didnt see the purple bar, it disconnect in the red one. help please.

deb.sen93

May 6, 2013
[Solved] Its just a driver issue.

Install Mediatek Usb Preloader Vcom Port Driver. Follow the instruction here. http://www.yomitech.com/2015/04/how-to-install-mediatek-usb-preloader.html.

Then flash.

Chrisgia

Feb 20, 2016
?? French / German ??
Hey guys!

I don't find the solution to my problem. I am trying to unbrick my HTC Desire 310 (MT6582), but I always get the same error S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004).. I've tried deleting and reinstalling drivers, also did everything in Jarmezrocks's solution, changed USB ports, and so on but I never get the MediaTek DA USB VCOM driver, I always get the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port driver instead.

I'm running on x64 Windows 10.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I would highly appreciate if you can help me for this.

Thanks!

red john 07

Mar 10, 2016
Hey guys,

Get EasyBCD from HERE
Not_these.png

Click for explanation

Hello bro thank you very much for your great work here I just want to say that I correctly flashed my device with SP flash tool without the vcom USB drivers because my device detected as a preloader mtk device and I flash it without the battery at it means I remove the battery before I flash it and it's correctly flashed and I use it now

omid

Jan 7, 2007
Installing da driver

can you give us the link of the drivers you used? because every driver i have is preloader, not DA.

WELL YOU CAN MAKE IT BY :
Turn Off the device
Open Up device manager
double click on PORTS (COM & LPT)
connect the device
IF It's recognized as MTK preloader 65XX under a newly created category ( I can't remember the title of category, but it's in the middle of list) >>> JUMP TO BELOW (SKIP FOLLOWING 4 LINES)
[[[[ IF It's recognized as preloader usb vcom under PORTS (COM & LPT) >> AND SHORTLY WILL DISAPPEAR
before it disappears
immediately right click on it and click uninstall, tick the box, apply , ok ]]]]
NOW AS YOU DISCONNECT & RECONNECT YOUR DEVICE it's recognized as MTK PRELOADER 65XX
anyway the MTK PRELOADER 65XX is also disappeard shortly
before disappearing right click on it, choose update, browse my computer.. , pick from a ... , browse for driver, and select the driver you have, UNTICK show only ..., double click MTK DA VCOM driver (FIRST ONE) APPLY OK.
NOW WHEN YOU DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT YOUR DEVICE it's recognized as DA. under PORTS CATEGORY.

HOWEVER I HAVE ALREADY DONE THE PROCEDURE AND NOTHING BUT ERROR 6045

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

you first HAVE TO DO IS TO DISABLE > THE DRIVER SIGNING <

SImply you have to enter advanced menu of boot/startup options

*** in windows 7

1. During boot-up, continuously press <F8> to get to Advanced Boot Options. Note: On some systems, you need to first press <F2> to go into Boot Menu, then press <F8> to reach Advanced Boot Options.

2. When the menu appears, use the DOWN arrow key to scroll to “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.”

3. Press <Enter>.

4. Continue the boot process.

5. After your computer has completed the boot process, please install the drivers per the included instructions.

*** in windows 8 or 10
HOLD SHIFT KEY
CLICK RESTART FROM START MENU
after restart and start up you will go to a blue window
click troubleshoot
click advanced option
click startup option
click restart
after boot up
press 7 to disable driver signing

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

you first HAVE TO DO IS TO DISABLE > THE DRIVER SIGNING <

SImply you have to enter advanced menu of boot/startup options

*** in windows 7

1. During boot-up, continuously press <F8> to get to Advanced Boot Options. Note: On some systems, you need to first press <F2> to go into Boot Menu, then press <F8> to reach Advanced Boot Options.

2. When the menu appears, use the DOWN arrow key to scroll to “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.”

3. Press <Enter>.

4. Continue the boot process.

5. After your computer has completed the boot process, please install the drivers per the included instructions.

*** in windows 8 or 10
HOLD SHIFT KEY
CLICK RESTART FROM START MENU
after restart and start up you will go to a blue window
click troubleshoot
click advanced option
click startup option
click restart
after boot up
press 7 to disable driver signing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
    Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
    The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

Get EasyBCD from HERE
    Not_these.png

Click for explanation

MTK 6589 connect/disconnect

Hello,
    The connecting and disconnecting is normal for MTK devices in Device Manager. You don't have to panic. All you need is to be very fast when you see in your computer - Device Manager - MTK Preloader - click with right button - properties - driver - update driver - choose from specific location - next - browse for the file and then install the driver from the directory where you have put it. You have to see Windows Message that your driver is not digitally signed and press Continue.
    Don't pay attention that MTK is connecting and disconnecting. When you install the driver it must be shown up(and of course disappear in 2 seconds) in LPT ports - MTEK VCOM Port or something like that. You are ready.
    If you have installed a bunch of different drivers use the program USBdeview (goolge it)and unistall all MTK Preload drivers you have already installed.
    Then you are ready to flash backup files with SP Flash Tool.
    Why the MTK 6589 USB Vcom port disapear after 2 second?

I had this same problem recently.
    The solution is when you hear the phone connects to the computer quickly insert the battery into the phone. You have to be very fast for it to work.