[ROM] LG E975 (Intl.) - CM11 KK4.4.4 vs. MK44.4

Search This thread

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
Hopefully this question has the right place here.

I'm running an LG E975 (Intl.) and gave CustomROM's like CM11 KK 4.4.4. and MokeeROM MK 44.4 a shot (Nightly builds). Both tested for almost 2 weeks. I prefer the Mokee ROM, because of his faster feeling to "work" with day-by-day and not to mention, the "two build-in screen" feature. Both are very stable. At the end I had to move to CM11, because the Mokee ROM is much more battery hungry.

With Mokee the Google Play Services is eating my battery by almost 56-60% of all users. Next is screen, different appz, AndroidOS etc ... One of each is not using more then 20% of my hole battery. In CM11 not just one app is going above 20% usage of the battery. I tried to stop/block Google Play Service wake function, I tried to hibernate it with Xposed Framework and Grinify etc etc. Not working. Google Play Services still using above 50% of the hole battery on average.

I tried to get support from the Mokee-forum, but there's everything written in an "Asian" language. I don't know where to ask and who to ask. So my question here is, how can Google Play Services be blocked on a different way and what could be the reason for this battery killing conduct in the background. Someone already installed Mokee ROM as well and has the same issue ?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Mike

Brontok

Jun 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I`m using latest night build of moke and I don`t have those problems.. google services are needed for some apps like games, if you don`t intend on using them you can simply uninstall them using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ljmobile.system.app ( enter the app, grant it super user privileges, exit the app, once more enter it, mark the apps you want to uninstall and hit the uninstall button at the bottom ).

btw this should be in the genereal section, not here.

Reactions: nchc

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
Many thanks ... I already tried several "Uninstaller" for unnecessary services. Doesn't help. No games etc installed. Just 2 apps, with "Chinese or Asian" letters can't be uninstalled. It's a shame, the ROM is so fast but eats battery in my case.

Again. Thank you.

Mike

PS: May in admin can move the thread to a better place. :good:

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
Very good topic. I was wondering which one to install. Battery life is important for me. But mokee features seem to be nice. Can someone recommend me one of these two?

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
Wrong section, should be posted in General, not in Development since it's only for ROMs and, yeah, development.

Dzien dobry ... That's why I asked to move the thread ... Dziekuje bardzo.

I would like to use Mokee, because of the advantages in speed and tools compared to CM11. But till I can't solve the battery issue, won't use it.

Regards.

Mike

EDIT:

Mokee Releases here : http://download.mokeedev.com/?device=e975&type=release
Mokee Nightlies here : http://download.mokeedev.com/?device=e975&type=nightly

Last edited:

cyraxx84

Jul 5, 2012
For everyone who want's to remove apps in a Rom before flashing. There's an APP called xplore file manager which lets you erase apps inside the ZIP file without extracting it. Always before im flashing Mokee i delete all chinese apps and everything i don't need with xplore!

Last edited:

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
For everyone who want's to remove apps in a Rom before flashing. There's an APP called xplore file manager which lets you erase apps inside the ZIP file without extracting it. Always before im flashing Mokee i delete all chinese apps and everything i don't need with xplore!

Thanks for the heads-up ... I sit called "X-Plore .... " or "Xplore ....." . Thank you.

Regards.

Mike

EDIT : I installed MK with gapps-kitkat-140619.zip on my other phone without all this Google stuff and just have the Play Store. Now battery usage looks like in CM11. Will compare it these days. Just can`t remove these 2 apps which are already implemented in MK and not part of the gapps....zip. With the X-Plore File Explorer I could not find the two "Chinese" apps. I attached a screenshot. Would be nice you could explain which one they are and how to remove them. Thank you

Screenshot with 2 Chinese apps on the bottom :

t56hjd.png

Last edited:

AdrianSC

Jul 28, 2013
Thanks for the heads-up ... I sit called "X-Plore .... " or "Xplore ....." . Thank you.

Regards.

Mike

EDIT : I installed MK with gapps-kitkat-140619.zip on my other phone without all this Google stuff and just have the Play Store. Now battery usage looks like in CM11. Will compare it these days. Just can`t remove these 2 apps which are already implemented in MK and not part of the gapps....zip. With the X-Plore File Explorer I could not find the two "Chinese" apps. I attached a screenshot. Would be nice you could explain which one they are and how to remove them. Thank you

Screenshot with 2 Chinese apps on the bottom :

t56hjd.png

In system/app/, the name is in english.. "FlyIME", anddddd... the other i don't remember, but i delete two apps.

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
In system/app/, the name is in english.. "FlyIME", anddddd... the other i don't remember, but i delete two apps.

I found it ... "MoKeeForum.apk" and "iFlyME.apk". Further found "com.shuqi.controller.apk", "com.UCMobile.apk" and another one, which I already deleted. Additionally Chinese keyboard and so on deleted. Everything related to "Chinese" is deleted now. Decreased the MK44.4xxx.zip by 32MB in size.

Made a new install and I'm waiting for problems now :) Nothing so far.

Many thanks.

Regards.

Mike

EDIT : 07/06/2014

Just upgraded to Release 140706. Downloaded file, deleted all the unwanted "Chinese"-stuff via WinRar on the Desktop, moved the files to the "MKUpdater"-folder on the phone, checked for updates and the MKUpdater said Release-file is already downloaded, choosed to upgrade and phone rebooted. Got MD5 signature error, installed upgrade via "untrusted" zip and all went fine.

But still have some services I "don't like" ... Please find attached screenshot. Don't like the "Baidu push service", the "PayPal" and "Chinese" stuff. Can't blick all three. Any suggestions ?

BTW ... why we don't have an official MoKee Channel here ? Just a question.

Have a nice Sunday. Regards.

Mike

Screenshot :

2zyhikg.png

Last edited:

AdrianSC

Jul 28, 2013
I found it ... "MoKeeForum.apk" and "iFlyME.apk". Further found "com.shuqi.controller.apk", "com.UCMobile.apk" and another one, which I already deleted. Additionally Chinese keyboard and so on deleted. Everything related to "Chinese" is deleted now. Decreased the MK44.4xxx.zip by 32MB in size.

Made a new install and I'm waiting for problems now :) Nothing so far.

Many thanks.

Regards.

Mike

EDIT : 07/06/2014

Just upgraded to Release 140706. Downloaded file, deleted all the unwanted "Chinese"-stuff via WinRar on the Desktop, moved the files to the "MKUpdater"-folder on the phone, checked for updates and the MKUpdater said Release-file is already downloaded, choosed to upgrade and phone rebooted. Got MD5 signature error, installed upgrade via "untrusted" zip and all went fine.

But still have some services I "don't like" ... Please find attached screenshot. Don't like the "Baidu push service", the "PayPal" and "Chinese" stuff. Can't blick all three. Any suggestions ?

BTW ... why we don't have an official MoKee Channel here ? Just a question.

Have a nice Sunday. Regards.

Mike

Screenshot :

2zyhikg.png

How good is the battery life??

The original thread of mokee http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2395730

Last edited:

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
Battery life is awesome so far ...

Ok, with some tweaks and very normal usage, after 15h still 67% on battery. I don't know there was a major update in the last nightlies, but Google Play Service is no longer an issue and doesn't consume any battery. May the reason is I deleted the files Cyraxx84 & AdrianSC suggested.

All-In-All .... I'm happy for now. :good:

Thank you.

Regards

Mike

EDIT : "normal usage" for means like 30-45min talk, 1h wlan and so on .... Just to make this clear

Last edited:

tennyleaz

Sep 18, 2011
I tried Mokee ROM.
Very smooth and no bug so far.
But battery life for me is "fair" only. Stock based 4.1.2 has the longest battery for me.
Any idea?

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
mokee is awesome! There were 5 Chinese apps. 3 of them could be uninstalled froms settings/apps. So I did. for the two other apps I used Root uninstaller and now everything is OK :)

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
I tried Mokee ROM.
Very smooth and no bug so far.
But battery life for me is "fair" only. Stock based 4.1.2 has the longest battery for me.
Any idea?

When it comes to battery life, MoKee is similar to CM11 + XYZ. KK 4.4 on it's own is "draining" battery a bit more. I'm working with GO Power Manger, made some adjustments. Using Grinify with Xposed Framework to hibernate some apps etc tec. I'm already on a 2 day charging cycle ... Stock 4.1.2 couldn't do the job better. No way.

Regards.

Mike

Last edited:

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
Reported some issues here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54134044

Some issues since upgrade to vers. MK44.4-e975-201407110224-NIGHTLY.

1. Kernel panics wit battery reaching 10%. No other proprietary kernel or any kernel tools installed. Just Go Power Manager. Un-installed it and have the same issue. So I guess it's related to MoKee itself. Can reproduce the panics again and again with or without GO Power Manager and "MoKee Save Power" activated ....
2. Since upgrade to above version, tools are not updated during the upgrade process. May it is related to the point I always delete 5 appz from appz-folder in the ZIP. But did before and they were updated. Since above upgrade they are not. In the last Release-Upgrade ..0712.. either. Any connection to the kernel panics ?
3. Activated WLAN module power usage skyrocked since above upgrade ....
4. Subjective feeling on lower performance. Menu not that smooth like before. No changes in settings ....
5. I would like to have the possibility or the setting in the menu to change rows/lines in the "Drawer" like other launcher have it (Nova etc ...)

Regards.

Mike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hopefully this question has the right place here.

I'm running an LG E975 (Intl.) and gave CustomROM's like CM11 KK 4.4.4. and MokeeROM MK 44.4 a shot (Nightly builds). Both tested for almost 2 weeks. I prefer the Mokee ROM, because of his faster feeling to "work" with day-by-day and not to mention, the "two build-in screen" feature. Both are very stable. At the end I had to move to CM11, because the Mokee ROM is much more battery hungry.

With Mokee the Google Play Services is eating my battery by almost 56-60% of all users. Next is screen, different appz, AndroidOS etc ... One of each is not using more then 20% of my hole battery. In CM11 not just one app is going above 20% usage of the battery. I tried to stop/block Google Play Service wake function, I tried to hibernate it with Xposed Framework and Grinify etc etc. Not working. Google Play Services still using above 50% of the hole battery on average.

I tried to get support from the Mokee-forum, but there's everything written in an "Asian" language. I don't know where to ask and who to ask. So my question here is, how can Google Play Services be blocked on a different way and what could be the reason for this battery killing conduct in the background. Someone already installed Mokee ROM as well and has the same issue ?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Mike
    I`m using latest night build of moke and I don`t have those problems.. google services are needed for some apps like games, if you don`t intend on using them you can simply uninstall them using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ljmobile.system.app ( enter the app, grant it super user privileges, exit the app, once more enter it, mark the apps you want to uninstall and hit the uninstall button at the bottom ).

btw this should be in the genereal section, not here.