[Q] Sensation USB Host Feature

Search This thread

bretac

Sep 13, 2010
I know that USB Host is a Honeycomb feature, but it seems that Samsung has somehow ported it to Gingerbread for the GS2. Does anyone know if any of the Sensation ROMs will ever be able to support USB host?

Btw, this is taken from the DSLR Controller post (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16497326&postcount=257), but the package we would need is android.hardware.usb.host.

hipisek

Jun 14, 2009
Hello,

any progres with USB host on HTC sensation?:D

I probably must kill my self becouse i bought sensationg betwean Samsung S2 with default USB support:D

Stupid nokia N8 support usb HOST....

I try google some posibilites but i didnt find anything

Thx alot Martin

kevinliu2336

Aug 3, 2009
San Luis Obispo
If the t-mobile version of the galaxy s2(aka Hercules) can do it, then we should for we share the same class of SoC(the MSM8260 vs the APQ8060), the only difference being the APQ is without a Qualcom modem. Also they both support USB OTG according to the Qualcomm specs for the Gen 3 Snapdragons. Now we just need someone to port it over:D.

hipisek

Jun 14, 2009
I found arcticle when Somebody aply usb host support tu HTC DHD

Included:
new kernel
2 new modules
and probably some new "software" for using it.

pepe.vito

Oct 23, 2010
Could someone be interested in developing the usb host features?? If I had the technical competences, I would develop it...but I don't know how to do it!! :confused:
If someone it's interested in it, I could donate something ;)
Thank you :)

apkraven

Jan 29, 2011
would be very nice to have such option. just perfect to copy something from one's flash stick.

nexus2515

Jan 26, 2011
Chandigarh
When i had xperia neo, a person(a gr8 person) ported the modules into xperia 2011 series- Doomlord
Some developer should contact him

Sent from my htc Sensation 4G using XDA App

hubidrei

Jul 29, 2011
OTG USB on HTC MAGIC

I found this (Sorry i cannot post a link so you have to search for >> USB Host Mode on HTC Dream << on Blogspot) It is a step by step howto recompile a kernel with USB Host Support. Iwill try it on my old G1. But first I need a adapter or better a schematic for diy, so i can test if it works.
Greetings Hubert

Last edited:

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
tried today bricked kernel, which is supposed to have usb host... usb host diagnostics said no... and the device wasnt recognised... :(

erikvario

Jan 14, 2009
kaatsheuvel
Yesterday i got a USB cable with OTG.
Is this cable will be good?

http://allegro.pl/kabel-usb-micro-b-usb-2-0-katowy-90st-otg-i2151082743.html

------
The cable does not work at all. I can not even install the program USB Host Controller (e.g.). I ask because in HD2 had to connect the external power supply.

the cable itself is ok, but since we don't have otg working yet it won't work. If we ever get otg working i don't know if you have to power every device, a lot of devices will need power like external hdd's.

xaboren

Mar 15, 2011
google nexus one & desire

Hey guys,
wasn't there news that ICS would have quite a few usb drives implemented.
Anyway, I know there was a big fuss about usb host mode in the google nexus one section and since they were one of the first to get ics working, maybe somebody from there could help out. Like from the top of my head leedroid, or somebody like him.
Can't post any links sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And there is any progress? The USB Host Diagnostics v1.2 says me only NO :(