Flash to Stock???

Search This thread

lfaulkner29

Mar 7, 2011
ok, NOOB question alert..... i am not entirely a noob but sometimes i feel like i need someone to "hold my hand" and specifically spell out all necessary directions. Anyways what is the best method to flash back to stock??? I have flashed about 4 or 5 custom ROMS (both 4.3 and 4.42) by simply doing a "wipe" through CWM but have never flashed to stock before flashing a new ROM and it's probably about time i start doing that. From what i understand (have read) if i flash to stock it should give me a clean foundation to install the new ROM.

Thanks in advance of any help....

jhutch825

Mar 7, 2013
Marshall, MI
Did you take the 4.3 update?

1. Yes, follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486
2. No, follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363882

Are you talking about the OTA Update? I was wondering about going back to stock as well. I flashed a ROM the other day d2lte (Validus) for 4.4.2. And it killed my connection (LTE/Data/No Mobile Service) cannot make or receive calls send or receive texts, also Location Services seems to be buggy as well and I don't use Bluetooth so not sure about that. I can eventually get service, but it is spotty at best, then when switching towers (moving around town) it doesn't always connect. Reboots don't seem to work consistently either..

Anyway, I got my phone ~2 years ago and I rooted on 4.1.2 or 4.1.1.. My current Baseband is DLK3 and I am on CM 10.2.1.. If I were to go back to stock to try and restore my service and my LTE, which stock version would I reflash assuming via ODIN? If I do a 4.3 do I get stuck with KNOX or do I already have it via flashing different ROMS over the year (CM BAM DU V13)? Is having KNOX a good or bad thing or doesn't really matter?
Will it even fix my connectivity issues? I have Googled and searched for answers, but cannot seem to find what I am looking for (I think because I am not really sure what I am looking for, lol)