FORUMS

Red Softkeys

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By jtdogblue, Member on 11th July 2012, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was jealous of my moms new Rezound and its red softkeys, and needed to replace my screen and battery cover anyway so I got the red battery cover and decided to make my softkeys red aswell. Its a pretty simple concept. Get some Testors Candy Apple Red translucent paint or its equivalent, spray a piece of cardboard with the paint, and use a broken Q tip to dab the paint onto the back of the screen in multiple layers (you'll see how thick I put it on) and let it dry. This is a spare digitizer I messed up, just to do the demo on)

and the results:

I'm going to paint the bezel red next, and maybe plasti-dip the whole thing as well.
11th July 2012, 04:54 PM |#2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 95

Donate to Me
More
That kicks ass.
11th July 2012, 05:26 PM |#3  
Flag null
Thanks Meter: 562

More
I like it, but with the red being obviously less transparent, it seems to dim for my liking, especially in day light. Then again, at night it's blinding and i wish it was more dim! what a catch-22
11th July 2012, 06:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
I disabled the Soft Button LEDs. They were WAY too bright at night! Also, I have no need for them to be illuminated since I can already press each one blind-folded. Those red buttons do look pretty cool though. Don't all the current new phones have multi-color options in all their LEDs (The notification and soft button LEDs)? I know I've seen a bunch of apps that allow you to get in there and change the color of your notification LED/Soft Buttons so I assumed most new phones have it.
11th July 2012, 07:53 PM |#5  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 516

More
Was about to attempt this but unfortunately the screw head had blocked me lol. Very nice though man.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
17th July 2012, 01:59 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
That's pretty awesome. Dunno if I'd want them to be red forever... but still cool nonetheless.
17th July 2012, 02:28 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Looking nice. Can also yellow, would brighter.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
22nd July 2012, 02:39 AM |#8  
Flag Croydon, PA
Thanks Meter: 371

More
if i still had softkey lights on my inc id so do this. too bad i ripped them out.
26th July 2012, 07:12 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
good idea!
that is SOOO awesome. i figure you could also use red see through tape? or, the VHT red tail light tint spray paint that car tuners use to paint their tail lights.
29th July 2012, 03:33 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag IE
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by equisbox

that is SOOO awesome. i figure you could also use red see through tape? or, the VHT red tail light tint spray paint that car tuners use to paint their tail lights.

Well actually the spray I used was leftovers from painting the yellow turn signals in my taillights red. I'm sure anything transparent will work.
1st August 2012, 06:08 PM |#11  
columbus, oh
Thanks Meter: 31

More
hehe, I painted the buttons back in the day on my old dare
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)