USB OTG or HOST on the incredible.

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By gowthamj, Junior Member on 11th August 2010, 04:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2010, 09:43 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I don't believe the stock kernel for the Incredible supports USB host mode or USB OTG. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!
7th November 2010, 02:14 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
usb host mode
I dont know if any of you have seen this, but it looks like there is a kernel with ehci usb support for the DInc. Havent had a chance to try it out yet.

w w w.cs.fsu.edu/~baker/devices/projects/framik/BEAT.html
7th November 2010, 04:22 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks for the heads-up! I've emailed the guy who put his name in the patches; I'll post back when I hear back from him.

The patches are against kernel 2.6.29. If I get time, I'll see if I can get them working against 2.6.32.
7th November 2010, 02:32 PM |#24  
MotoDroid_(CM6)_& Incredible_(RootedStock2.2)
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Good good, while they are at it, can they add all the bluetooth patches too?
These should work on stock rom, yes?
7th November 2010, 06:32 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
QSD/MSM
[based on the fact that droid incredible has a qsd8650 processor and the new mytouch4g/HTCGlacier has a qsd8255 processor]

is it possible to install this on the new mytouch 4g? or do the qsd's have nothing in common????
16th December 2010, 05:28 PM |#26  
Flag Emeryville, CA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
just wondering if there has been any further progress with this? I would love to see this working as I'm currently about to jump ship from my touch pro 2 to the incredible.
14th January 2011, 04:45 PM |#27  

More
Could the addition of this to our phones lead to this?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/13/c...-carputer-dre/
28th January 2011, 07:33 PM |#28  
Flag Mountain View, CA

Donate to Me
More
I'm interested in this project too, so if there's anyone still working on it, I'd be happy to help. I have some kernel development experience and I have a DInc running MIUI.
19th May 2011, 12:09 AM |#29  
Flag L.A.
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Is this gonna be possible with the new APIs in ICS?

--
Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse my brevity/typos.
30th May 2011, 03:45 AM |#30  

More
Alright guys. I have been working independently of this thread to get USB host working on my incredible. I currently am in the exact same situation everyone else seems to be in. That is, usbhid, usbcore and ehci-hcd modules are loaded, but nothing works. I have my kernel compiled against the latest CM7 git tree (2.6.37.6). I used the patch from this site: BEAT: Bio-Environmental Android Tracking. I applied it against the CM7 kernel tree, and worked around the compile issues I came across mostly by commenting out offending code. Here is the patch against the CM7 android-msm-2.6.37 branch:
incredible-usb-host-2.6.37.patch

Patch the kernel with patch -p1 < incredible-usb-host-2.6.37.patch
Run make incredible_usb_host_defconfig
Run make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=<path_to_your_cross_compiler> zImage

This particular kernel has the usb-related stuff compiled in, so no modules should be necessary. I used invisiblek's kernel zip to install the image. Just grab it from his site, unzip the archive, replace the zImage with your compiled one (found in arch/arm/boot/zImage), and re-zip it up. Flash the resulting zip using clockwork recovery. I've found this to be the easiest method.

I've only tested the kernel against CM7 nightly #90, but I'm sure it will work with CM7 release as well.

Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed to get our phones to play nicely with these USB devices?
The Following User Says Thank You to neutral16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neutral16 Ad-Free
30th May 2011, 06:37 AM |#31  

More
Trying another route, I downgraded my incredible to stock 2.1 (rooted), and grabbed the usbhost-modules.tgz file from the BEAT project. They provide an update.zip that includes both their zImage and modules. I flashed it, rebooted, and attempted to load their usb drivers. usbcore.ko loaded fine, but ehci-hcd.ko fails. dmesg says that the driver "msm_hsusb" is already registered, so ehci-hcd can't load. For fun, I loaded the usbhid.ko driver as well, and that succeeded, but needless to say my hub/keyboard don't work. So I then grabbed the official source from HTC's site, patched it with the patch the BEAT project provided, compiled with the config they provided, and loaded the kernel/modules onto my phone. Again, same exact issue. I don't understand what would make their setup work but not mine. Anyone have any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)